Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rai the Bropiphany

Double Fine Goes Downloadable @ E3 2010?

Copypasta'd from the gameinformer website's article called "E3 prediction week". I can't see why this hasn't been posted yet.

"Tim Schafer’s crew at DoubleFine crafts some of the most amusing and unique games in the industry, but they’ve repeatedly had trouble finding a wider audience. This year, DoubleFine will try a new strategy, with a smaller game targeted towards Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network. Packing the same humor that the developer has always been known for, the lower budget and shorter time commitment involved with the project will be a great fit for Schafer’s crew. Pulling in elements of Schafer’s adventure genre roots, the new downloadable title will have a unique feel that sets it apart from other downloadable fare. It’s inimitable style will set it apart, and make it one of the more talked about downloadable games shown this year."

Well thats a cool bit of news. Unfortunately I don't have my XBox connected to the internet... didn't want to pay 100 bucks for it. But hopefully wiiware too, eh?

I'm not sure I buy it, I think Rai may be having us. I couldn't find the original bit on GI's site and a Google search also proved fruitless.

Also if it was true it would be elsewhere and Double Fine might say something about it...

That said, I could see this certainly happening. It's not unlikely.

Oh yeah I can totally see it happening, which is why I initially took Rai's word for it. But again nothing anywhere about it. And despite what people say about Double Fine's success. Make no mistake that the industry is keeping tabs on them. If there was news that Double Fine was working on downloadable titles then it would be all over the place.

I kind of think its great double fine is going Downloadible, I like to see what the possibilities are in the future

I had to read that like three times before I saw the thing that said "rumor week". I got SO EXCITED and then was so sad. :c

Well thats a cool bit of news. Unfortunately I don't have my XBox connected to the internet... didn't want to pay 100 bucks for it. But hopefully wiiware too, eh?

If I'm correct, I think you can download games from the Xbox Marketplace using a Silver account too. (Silver accounts are free, BTW)

But wait, this was just a rumor? It isn't going to happen? CRAP!!!!

Rai, are you conning us? :C I was so excited...

More adventure? I saw no reason to play Psychonauts more than once. Or Monkey Island SE. And when Monkey Island 2 comes out, I will play it once and never look back. I hope they don't stop creating unique multiplayer experiences. They won my loyalty with Brutal Legend, so I'll probably buy whatever they make next anyway.

But this strategy makes sense for Double Fine. After all that work on the Brutal Legend Engine, I can definitely see them using it to crank out games more often. Without all those pesky...publishers ruining them, intentionally or not.

Sign in to follow this