Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Royal Flush

OMG!

In the years I have never had the need to play any of the monkey island series (You, "OMG, wtf is wrong with you?") but today Xbox just realesed the new and improved version of Monkey Island 2: Lechucks Revenge, So I said, "Its a Tim Schafer game so it's gotta be good." So I downloaded it, going back in forth threw the new and old version (Yes it allows you to do so). And I love it.

Now if they would only rerelease all the old King's Quest games. Oh the happy hours. And Bard's Tale. And Zork. And Hitchhiker's Guide. New games are like TV miniseries, forgotten within the week. The old dears last forever.

iirc, Monkey island 2 Special Edition also has commentary done by the original writer people, INCLUDING Tim Schafer himself 8U

I just bought it on steam yesterday and I'm playing through the first one ((they had a special where if you buy Monkey island 2 SE, you get Monkey island 1 SE for free)) and enjoying the voice acting. Also this one ghost skeleton I totally have a crush on right now dohoho :3c

Also this one ghost skeleton I totally have a crush on right now dohoho :3c

Oh thank god, I am not the only one who finds skeletons sexy.

You are talking to someone who totally had a fetish for Jack Skellington for YEARS, and he recently appeared in a dream last night 8U

But yeah, you know that ghost pirate from the first game that LeChuck talks to often in cutscenes? He is adorable and I want to draw him now and his voice is awesome ((SPOILER:

He's voiced by the guy who did Yakko from Animaniacs~

))

Now if they would only rerelease all the old King's Quest games. Oh the happy hours. And Bard's Tale. And Zork. And Hitchhiker's Guide. New games are like TV miniseries, forgotten within the week. The old dears last forever.

The Hitchhiker's Guide text-adventure game was halarious. Although theres a pretty good free version avaliable on the BBC website.

I haven't played any of the Monkey Island games. Well, actually, I played one of them on PS2 (I think it was Escape from Monkey Island?) when I was 9, and I didn't like it too much, but I guess it was because I just wasn't into that genre back then. I'm thinking about getting the Monkey Island 1 remake for 360 or PS3 soon, should I?

I haven't played any of the Monkey Island games. Well, actually, I played one of them on PS2 (I think it was Escape from Monkey Island?) when I was 9, and I didn't like it too much, but I guess it was because I just wasn't into that genre back then. I'm thinking about getting the Monkey Island 1 remake for 360 or PS3 soon, should I?

You must get it. I just hope they remake the Indy adventure games as well.

You are talking to someone who totally had a fetish for Jack Skellington for YEARS, and he recently appeared in a dream last night 8U

But yeah, you know that ghost pirate from the first game that LeChuck talks to often in cutscenes? He is adorable and I want to draw him now and his voice is awesome ((SPOILER:

He's voiced by the guy who did Yakko from Animaniacs~

))

His name is Bob, and you're right, he is sexy. Well at least he is now, I never really cared for him much before. Rob Paulsen's voice does him wonders =)

His name is Bob, and you're right, he is sexy. Well at least he is now, I never really cared for him much before. Rob Paulsen's voice does him wonders =)
I know that his name is Bob; I found the "hidden" cutscene you get when you don't hill him and don't sink your own ship at the end of Part 3. He is the best skeleton ever and I want to draw more of him aaaaa~~~

Thanks. I'll be sure to get it first chance I get.

Thanks. I'll be sure to get it first chance I get.

And when you do, don't feel obligated to play it like twenty years ago or whatever. The left bumper highlights ever tiny thing you can interact with, and it gives you a lot of help.

I've been doing that and I'm still stuck. :P

Sign in to follow this