Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Burger

Expressions of Wonderment: Innermost Reactions >>HERE<<

Brutal Le--OH MY GOD YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!! YESSSSSSS!!! UNNGGGGHHHH! I CAAAAN'T express how HAPPY I AM in mere MORTAL TYPESET!!!

Current forecast: I am this elated.

How do you all feel?

Completely OTT! Yes! This game... it's going to be awesome. "The Ridiculously Good Game Brütal Legend!"

The best part? It's going to sell!

Combine the cool character ideology from Full Throttle with the progression of Grim Fandango, mixed with the creative tornado of environments and characters from Psychonauts (Grim and Psychonauts), all left in a boiling vat of great story and humour ("Not... a Roadie!") and you've got a great game...

THEN:

Add the allusions to gameplay that, maybe I've seen, maybe I haven't, and you have a best selling classic on your hands.

Can't wait, but have to.

Completely OTT! Yes! This game... it's going to be awesome. "The Ridiculously Good Game Brütal Legend!"

The best part? It's going to sell!

Combine the cool character ideology from Full Throttle with the progression of Grim Fandango, mixed with the creative tornado of environments and characters from Psychonauts (Grim and Psychonauts), all left in a boiling vat of great story and humour ("Not... a Roadie!") and you've got a great game...

THEN:

Add the allusions to gameplay that, maybe I've seen, maybe I haven't, and you have a best selling classic on your hands.

Can't wait, but have to.

I agree with everything you said. It's gonna rock. I'll sell my soul just to have this game.

BUT! But! .. but!

I do not like the heavy metal music that the kids are talking so much all the time about. So, this means I will have to learn how to headbang. I learn for you only doublefine! I would try to develop a taste for *shiver* country line dance music if you guys made a game about it.

Or RIVERDANCE! music.

There but for the grace of Doublefine go I.

For those of us who were never sweaty pubescent metal head teenage boy heshers, the game should come with a scratch and sniff card that has that goat-like, teenage boy in a sweaty-100% acrylic-sweater bedroom smell. Also powerups that can make my hair bigger, like the band Heart

In all honesty, the blood and skimpily dressed girls in the trailer... yeah. But, I suppose Double Fine needs to sell their games. '-' A game about multiple personality disorder'd ostriches wouldn't sell, but sex, violence, and rock 'n' roll will.

I'm still looking forward to it, though.

In all honesty, the blood and skimpily dressed girls in the trailer... yeah. But, I suppose Double Fine needs to sell their games. '-' A game about multiple personality disorder'd ostriches wouldn't sell, but sex, violence, and rock 'n' roll will.

Then again, a heavy metal game trailer that didn't feature sex, violence, and rock'n'roll would be.. well, lies.

Then again, a heavy metal game trailer that didn't feature sex, violence, and rock'n'roll would be.. well, lies.

ecxcactly!

they didn't put blood and such in because it would make the game sell, it just fits with the theme. normally lot of blood in a game makes it worse (my opinion), put if I had to choose a game to have buckets of blood, it would probably be a game with heavy-metal-vikings. I still hope that you will be able to be turn off like you can in a lot of M games. are you reading this Tim? make it so you can ture the blood off. and bleep the curseing. and put turtle neck sweaters on the groupies.

blood is a purely visual effect. it would a programmer any where between an hour or a week to create the option to remove them. bleeping the script would take longer, but we don't even know if there is going to be any cursing. censoring any sexual content would probably be considered more trouble than its worth, but again, we don't know if there is much of any of that.

it would look realy cheesy though. like when you chopped an enemy in half just 2 pieces are there and know blood.

I could live with that. I have younger siblings who are DIFFENETLY not old enough to play M games, but are big fans of psychonauts and would not hesitate to kill anyone that got between them and Schafer's next game.

it would look realy cheesy though. like when you chopped an enemy in half just 2 pieces are there and know blood.

I could live with that. I have younger siblings who are DIFFENETLY not old enough to play M games, but are big fans of psychonauts and would not hesitate to kill anyone that got between them and Schafer's next game.

yeah but i think il stick to good ol fashion BLOOD.

you're psycho. wait, that doesn't work as an insult, it your name. um....ugly. yeah. you're ugly. ha ha. so there.

you're psycho. wait, that doesn't work as an insult, it your name. um....ugly. yeah. you're ugly. ha ha. so there.

Actually, a better insult would be that he wasn't metal enough for the game or something like that.

actually, I was making an intentionally dumb insult in an attempt to be funny.

It sailed over the head of Aishman, it would seem. I caught it full in the face like a man in the stocks.

Don't I feel like an idiot now.

Don't I feel like an idiot now.

Welcome to the world of no return.

And I feel like THIS

brütal legend makes you feel like a bunch of happy asians????

Yah wtf man?

Sign in to follow this