Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kodiak

x

Which is weird? That they've been around that long? Or your reaction to thinking that something started when you were five? I'm just curious, not criticizing. I'm older than Astroboy and Doctor Who, so ten years ago is just another drop in the bucket. Is the weirdness coming from sudden revelation that time is passing for you? I had that in one instant a long time ago, when I was standing in the kitchen with my mother, and I realized I could see the top of the refrigerator. I remarked that to her, and then crouched down saying that this is how the world used to look to me (looking up) and now it looks like this (standing up and seeing the top of the refrigerator again.) I think I can agree, that kind of revelation does make everything seem weird.

2 games, backstabbed by three publishers and fans all around the world!

@gridsleep

Yeah, those things can be crazy. We have lived where we currently reside for like 8 years, and we've been trying to get out of here and back to the magical land of Kansas all that time.

It gets really depressing when we think of certain things, i.e. I was in second grade when we left and now I'm going into my Senior year of High School, etc.

Scott C's comic celebrating this day is amazing.

I am totally drawing Doviculus in an Al Capone style suit now. And D'Artagan for old times sake.

Thanks for the great games! Hopefully you don't have as much trouble on your current projects.

Brings to the surface the fact that Double Fine has actually been around since most of us were around the age of 5. Weird.

God you all make me feel old.

I was 16 back then.

Happy Anniversary Double Fine!

I wish them nothing but success with their quadruple game venture. I hope they hit every console, PC, and succeed to the point where they can be their own publisher and accept nothing but the most insane ideas...

And not ONE of those games will have guns in it!

I wish them nothing but success with their quadruple game venture. I hope they hit every console, PC, and succeed to the point where they can be their own publisher and accept nothing but the most insane ideas...

Did you forget that Brutal Legend had guns?

Did you forget that Brutal Legend had guns?

Should have said "not one game will be an FPS." But who knows? They've shown they can take any genre they want and make it awesome.

On the 7th day, god rested. And then many years ago, god said "Video Games suck" and he created Double Fine, and it was good and the games did not suck. That day was 10 years ago today. On that day, god was in his favorite form, the only form truly suitable of god, and we call him Tim Shafer.

A-men.

Sign in to follow this