Yeah. Post music.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en_US&fs=1"><embed src="
&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The hell? You can't embed things on this site? No wonder it's so dead in here. Fine. Links then.

Oh god that was that strange noise. Time to put up some METAL! \m/

Blind Guardian - A Voice in the Dark

Bloodhunger - Brain Freeze (A great local band)

Dimmu Borgir- The Sacrilegious Scorn

I'd post some metal, but most of my favorite songs are in the BL soundtrack already, so most of you have prolly heard 'em.

Sooo...

Punk Rock

-The Decline (18 minute long song, but it's great) : Pt1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCz8PNvABO0 Pt2 http://www.youtube.com/user/ZarBud#p/a/u/0/sM6KF_Pz0mc

-Dinosaurs Will Die:

-Ocean Avenue:

Some Rap that's actually decent:

Stand Up:

I'm listening to Matisyhau, on his website he puts a live song that you can download for free up every day and I'm listening to a pretty nice 'Youth' that I downloaded like a week ago. Some day I'm going to be the first fan to do a whole Matisyahu tour.

Also, your favorite band sucks!

Prolly, and maybe if everyone didn't have favorite bands then their favorite bands woulnd't suck. %-P

We need some gosh darn Golden Earring all up in here >8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwKw6BsrlZM

also BEST MONKEY ISLAND SONG

also in a better MP3 format 8U

and the new version of Ghost Ship Shuffle from MI1SE cause it's so much fun aaa~

heavy metal remix of the final battle against Red in the original Pokémon Gold and Silver games~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSKxTqDvsas

and oh why not HAVE SOME BLOOMIN OCTAGON

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu22qFCin9U

I will link more stuff if I find anything interesting :3c

Symphony of Science:

A Glorious Dawn (Featuring Carl Sagan & Stephen Hawking)

'We Are All Connected' (ft. Sagan, Feynman, deGrasse Tyson & Bill Nye)

'Our Place in the Cosmos' (ft. Sagan, Dawkins, Kaku, Jastrow)

'The Case for Mars' (ft. Zubrin, Sagan, Cox & Boston)

Currently listening to some Godspeed You! Black Emperor now, but what have I really been digging lately?

Ride's Nowhere finally really struck me, and I've been digging that heavily:

Also, Meat Puppets II is hitting the spot quite well, especially for daytime driving:

Sonic Youth's been in regular play since graduation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PU1pIJJGeM

I finally got around to listening to the Chameleons and have been loving Strange Times:

Also discovered Knife in the Water's alt country stylings:

And got around to listening to A Place to Bury Strangers. I haven't listened to them enough, yet:

Divine Styler is coming into rotation with Spiral Walls Containing Autumns of Light:

I discovered Asa Chang & Junray from the same place I found Knife in the Water and Divine Styler:

That's off the top of my head. I've listened to a lot more, but those are definitely sticking out within the past week. I still have some reggae and indie recommendations to go through still that I've put off. Speaking of reggae, do you have any input, Bill? I honestly don't have any reggae outside of Bob Marley and Black Uhuru (first of the reggae recs I got) at the moment. Can I get some entry level bands/albums?

I'm listening to Matisyhau, on his website he puts a live song that you can download for free up every day and I'm listening to a pretty nice 'Youth' that I downloaded like a week ago. Some day I'm going to be the first fan to do a whole Matisyahu tour.

Matisyahu is fantastic.

Have some Das Racist:

My only recommendation in a thread like this is to try to limit yourself to one or two songs per post. Not that it's a rule. You can post as many as you want. It's just that people tend to skip posts in music threads that have a lot of songs in them. Plus, you want to hold on to some stuff to show off later. Again, this is not a rebuke in any way.

It's hard not to post a lot. There's too much good music in the world, haha.

Cold Cave's Love Comes Close was on my vinyl rotation for a while, especially the title track:

Sorry Johnny Cash wins with the best cover ever. Because he turned NIN's hurt to HIS song.

The world still misses you Cash. :(

I like metal covers of bluesy or jazzy songs, but metal covers of dance-pop songs don't make the songs any less mind-numbingly repetitive, dull and devoid of feeling. No matter what style you play a shitty song in, it will always be a shitty song That's how I feel about that. Also I still consider Anthrax a betrayer of the metal attitude and culture by bringing rap/hip-hop into the mix. Whether you like it or not, you still have to hate them for creating the rifts between metal heads all the years later.

Who'd think Losing My Religion would sound alright as Black Metal.

And as it turns out, it doesn't.

After waiting about a year, The Moutain Goats are coming here (also, they signed to Merge). I'm celebrating by listening to Zopilate Machine, Sweden, Nine Black Poppies, All Hail West Texas, Tallahassee, We Shall All Be Healed, and The Sunset Tree.

After waiting about a year, The Moutain Goats are coming here (also, they signed to Merge). I'm celebrating by listening to Zopilate Machine, Sweden, Nine Black Poppies, All Hail West Texas, Tallahassee, We Shall All Be Healed, and The Sunset Tree.

The Mountain Goats' newest album was probably my second favorite album of 2009. It fell just slightly behind the new Animal Collective.