• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.

I would definitely look at their latest album. They're on the depressing side lyrically, but still really cool musically. Check
out.
Hmm, not a fan of his vocals at all. I like some of the sounds they make, but on the whole I find it all a bit melodramatic. Cumberland Gap was good tho :)

Well, glad you liked some of it. Yeah, it may seem melodramatic, as you put it, but there's a sense of humor to it, like the album title (Dear God, I Hate Myself). On the other hand there's a lot of sincerity and brutal honesty to it. I love it, myself, but they aren't seen as too accessible of a band, generally, so you don't need to feel bad if you didn't like it, haha.

Why does Bieber actually sound decent in this one? I guess it's because you can't hear him sing.

i feel dirty for even THINKING about maybe somewhat barely even TOLERATING the disgusting horrific music of indecency that is

justin bieber

slowed down.

EDIT: now i feel bad for even spelling the same j u s t i n b i e b e r in the same PARAGRAPH, im going to go add a spoiler tag, and scrub these horrific soiled hands hard

EDIT 2:

(forgive me metal gods.....)

Did you really just judge the link without clicking it?
umm.... no, i clicked it, i just feel bad for tolerating it kinda somewhat maybe (see first post)

eXpLoDeY put on your Mother****ing Pants of Maturity.

Pants are a thing of the past!

Who cares if you're so poor you can't afford

To buy a pair of mod a go-go stretch-elastic pants...

There will come a time when you can even

Take your clothes off when you dance

I wear the Jeans of +2 Stamina

John Cage was the laziest composer ever

(seriously I think this is an awesome experiment but it could have been done much less bluntly)

Well, then I guess I'll have to hold back on all of the

I was about to unload :(

People joke around about 4'33, But I think it is actually very clever, because it creates a very tense experience. as we wait in antici.............................................................................................................................pation.

Besides, we all know that

For those of you who have good taste in music, I thought you might like to know that after five years of nothing new, Sufjan Stevens has just released a new album on his website for five dollars without telling anyone about it beforehand.

I actually have never listened to him, odd as it may seem...

In unrelated news, I started picking up the guitar a bit in order to learn Mountain Goats songs. I just started the other day, so I'm still pretty terrible, but I think I'm getting

down.

I posted this in everybody get random, but I suppose I really should have posted it here. Here is a funny and strangely catchy song I have been listening too over and over. I suppose the use of the F-word makes it NSFW, but eh, whatever.

I've recently started hanging out with the college Radio out here. When I get a radio show, I might post it.

Their archive is awesome, though. over 45,000 CDs and quite a large vinyl collection, too. I was impressed by a lot of the selections peppered throughout.

I hate radio. Too many commercials, I can't stand commercials in any format other than movie/game trailers.

Also Kamelot have finally put up their new video.

EDIT:

Porcupine Tree is fantastic. My favorite of the most popular modern prog bands.

And nothing will beat

!

Well, guess what

nice post, mikethehobo.

i. love. BECK.

here's

solid song, crazy-ass video.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother learning how to play guitar when I'll never be as good as

. That man can play. Can't say he's my favorite guitarist, but he's technically better than most of the blues guitarists I love for the emotion they put in their playing.