Anybody heard of Pendulum?

they're starting to grow on me even though they can't be classified under "rock"

Pendulum's pretty good

I've had a guy coming into my Mumble channel and playing Pendulum lately. Out of all their stuff I heard so far, I really like Propane Nightmares. Definitely not "rock", but their songs have the same energy rock has

i dont really care for techno much either... but Pendulum isnt really all techno, Its actually alot more melodic and less repetitive.

Like OU said, It has the rock vibe to it, Its like an awesome hard rock band buried under some cool computer sounds :D

They're new stuff is pretty cool too, less computers and more band/singing

^exactly what i did

O_o Stocker...

*looks out the window to see if their is a creepy kid outside*

your furniture looks great from the yard :)

and Seniormeld hates grunge or any mellow type rock so.......

^exactly what i did

O_o Stocker...

Wait, I hate mellow rock now? Damn I need to throw out all my Eagles, Boston, Beatles, CCR, Foreigner, Kansas, Queen, and Santana albums.

Point Proven :coolmad:

^exactly what i did

O_o Stocker...

Wait, I hate mellow rock now? Damn I need to throw out all my Eagles, Boston, Beatles, CCR, Foreigner, Kansas, Queen, and Santana albums.

Point Proven :coolmad:

you hate grunge?

CCR is mellow? Das news to me.

I'm listening to Lovelight, Grateful Dead & Janis Joplin.

Well, mellow compared to the other stuff I listen to. I see what you're trying to say. Also I forgot 70's Yes and Genesis, and also Camel and The Moody Blues.

you hate grunge?

Why yes, yes I do. I have my reasons so deal with it.

CCR is mellow? Das news to me.

I'm listening to Lovelight, Grateful Dead & Janis Joplin.

Well, mellow compared to the other stuff I listen to. I see what you're trying to say. Also I forgot 70's Yes and Genesis, and also Camel and The Moody Blues.

you hate grunge?

Why yes, yes I do. I have my reasons so deal with it.

pssh... whatev!

At first I was like: "NOOO J-Pop is EVIL!" But about 20 seconds in I was hooked. It's probably the best J-Pop song I've ever heard. I don't understand why the had those five to seven words of English inserted into an otherwise all Japanese song though.

Oh well

Josh Homme rules, though I liked him best in Kyuss.
His lyrics are amazing... I liked him alot in Kyuss too. He wasn't bad in Them Crooked Vultures either....

Josh Homme rules, though I liked him best in Kyuss.
His lyrics are amazing... I liked him alot in Kyuss too. He wasn't bad in Them Crooked Vultures either....

TCV was really disappointing to me. Nothing interesting about them in my mind.

Lately, I've been finally getting into classic jazz, thanks to a jazz history class. I have never been more in love with Duke Ellington.

Oh, and for anyone interested, I've got a radio show premiering today. If you're up around 12-2AM EST, check it out.

There was a COUPLE TCV songs that sparked my interest... The others weren't to special.

I WANTED to like Them Crooked Vultures alot more then i did, and thats for the most part the reason i actually like some of their music.

Two Words...

Robert Johnson.

Blues is awesome.

I love blues. In fact, my father raised me on blues. It's been my favorite genre since I was about seven years old. Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, SRV, BB King, and Robert Johnson are all idols of mine. A Buddy Guy show was the first concert I ever went to. I honestly don't think I would've ever picked up a guitar if it weren't for my love for the blues. On that topic, I hate that nobody except people who actually listen to music listen to blues or jazz. Two of the best, most American genres disappearing from our pop culture.

so.... anybody like Tool?

Danny Carey is definitely one of my favorite drummers of all time

Two Words...

Robert Johnson.

Blues is awesome.

I love blues. In fact, my father raised me on blues. It's been my favorite genre since I was about seven years old. Buddy Guy, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, SRV, BB King, and Robert Johnson are all idols of mine. A Buddy Guy show was the first concert I ever went to. I honestly don't think I would've ever picked up a guitar if it weren't for my love for the blues. On that topic, I hate that nobody except people who actually listen to music listen to blues or jazz. Two of the best, most American genres disappearing from our pop culture.

Yeah I'm thinking of just going on like a shopping spree and buying albums by every awesome Blues person there is, right now I only really have SRV stuff though I listen to abit of John Lee Hooker, BB King (he's amazing) And Johnson on youtube, I really need to just get a bunch of Blues albums though.

It is annoying that blues is starting to dissapear from popularity though, especially considering that rock is still so popular (not knocking rock, rock is awesome), what I mean is most good rock bands that people still love like Zeppelin are really really bluesy in alot of their things, most of Jimi Hendrix's songs are very bluesly as well. People that like artists like that should just listen to some damn blues as well!

Two Words...

Robert Johnson.

Blues is awesome.

Yeah I'm thinking of just going on like a shopping spree and buying albums by every awesome Blues person there is, right now I only really have SRV stuff though I listen to abit of John Lee Hooker, BB King (he's amazing) And Johnson on youtube, I really need to just get a bunch of Blues albums though.

It is annoying that blues is starting to dissapear from popularity though, especially considering that rock is still so popular (not knocking rock, rock is awesome), what I mean is most good rock bands that people still love like Zeppelin are really really bluesy in alot of their things, most of Jimi Hendrix's songs are very bluesly as well. People that like artists like that should just listen to some damn blues as well!

One my favorite Led Zeppelin songs is one of the blueslyiest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz4gRjI-HRA