Just got a Sunn O))) album from the library, of all places. I'm not really sure what to expect, though I've heard and enjoyed some of their music before.

Sunn0))) are pretty cool guys. I remember Hungryfreak told a pretty cool story about when he saw them a few years ago.

For all the bad music out there, I must say I don't mind the direction that Mainstream Music is starting to take.

To really appreciate this, you need to understand that traditional concertos follow a very strict formula, which is kind of like corus-Soloists-corus-Soloist-corus ect, which tend to be very symmetrical, predictable and generally short.

Now, while this piece is playing, I want you to think of the harpsichordist as a frustrated young man so fed up with this pattern that he decides a bit of.... improvisation... is needed, and the other two soloists (flute and violin) are desperately trying to keep him in line. And then....

Sieges Even is pretty badass.

I have stopped playing classical, romantic and boroque music for a while since I find the structure way too rigid for my taste. I've been playing a lot of jazz and prog which has really helped with that. I might go back mariachi too, if I find a good enough group that is willing to hire me, being a mostly session musician for hire on the side doesn't help me get money.

@feddle, that link was awesome even though I am not the biggest Bach fan.

Brace yourselves and cover your ears. Rebecca Black has released a new song - Person of Interest.

Brace yourselves and cover your ears. Rebecca Black has released a new song - Person of Interest.
Stop promoting terrible music.

Fair enough. I guess the only way it can go away is if people stop paying attention to it...

I've been listening to a lot of Faith No More lately. I also bought Flicker by Ayria, but it's kinda bland compared to Hearts For Bullets, except for a couple of songs - for example, 'My Revenge On The World' is a fantastic track.

This may be one of the best things ever.

Smoke on the water played on a cello and bass.

I just saw Rammstein's newest song Mein Land. It was an awesome song, but it had a cheesy music video.

Gigantour is going to be kind of near me. This is interesting, but honestly I think metal shows in arenas are pointless. I sort of like Megadeth and Lacuna Coil though, but Motorhead is the biggest draw IMO.

I was listening to the CD that came with skyward sword. All sorts of emotions came over me as I would listen to beautifully orchestrated Zelda music, Recalling all the locations the music played in (Paticurally the wind waker medley). I also enjoyed all the softer medelys up to the point that it's beauty made cry.

I'm still so sad I can't go to Resistanz. It was actually a music festival where I would have been happy to see almost all of the acts... but it's strictly over-18s only. D: So... unless it keeps going for another four years, I'll never be able to experience it for myself...

lol music awards.
I share this lol. Also, I just found out where your username is from.

I was watching Penny Arcade TV yesterday and I really liked the song that played over the credits so I checked out the artists web site and holy crap he is already one of my favorite artist.

I downloaded four of his albums. Three of them are chip tune and are some of the best chip tune music I have heard and the fourth is different kind of electronic music. It's not really like the kind of electronic music I usually listen to so I didn't think I would like it but that quickly changed.

If you are at all into chip tune / 8-bit music like me you should definitely check out these albums:

http://www.tettix.net/albums/tech.html

http://www.tettix.net/albums/tech_II.html

http://www.tettix.net/albums/a_new_challenger.html

and if you like other kind of electronic music you should check out this album:

http://www.tettix.net/albums/finest_designs.html

(Definitely listen to the 6th song Mars, it's so f'ing good.)

Oh and his music is all free.

Been listening to a lot Coroner. I guess they're often deemed as "the Rush of thrash metal". The progressive elements are fucking sick. I'm sensing some neo-classical and jazzy elements too. Very impressive band.

Best Christmas song, for sure.

"Father Christmas, give me some money, don't mess around with your stupid toys!"

I heard that Korn made an album with a bunch of dubstep folks on it, and at first I was kind of surprised. Then I went back and listened to some of the songs that I remember from the 90s and realized that they were always pretty gimicky. Now I'm sort of impressed that they've stayed popular for so long.