that's great news. i'm definitely excited for more music by Arjen

Wes Borland's Crystal Machete Album is the biggest suprise of this music year for me. From Limp Bizkit to this? :) It's sooo good. 

Edited by CecilRousso

Wes is a pretty good guitarist.  Too bad he had to be paired up with that a-hole Fred Durst.  Although, there are some alright Limp Bizkit songs.

Edited by epic

Metallica's Hardwired to Selfdestruct is released now. 

And it's legit awesome, or how to put it. It might not reach the absolutely highest peaks, but it's been a long time since I found an album that such overall quality. Out of the 12 songs, I would discard one, maybe two songs. The rest are all songs I really enjoy listen to. 

I must say, I didn't think Jean Michel Jarre's new Oxygene 3 album was particulary special at first. But it's really growing on me. The two previous entries are classic albums for me, without me being that knowledgeable about electronic music, and this is also an album I'm liking. 

Cover for the new Ayreon album. Though, it obviously won't be animated like this. However, it makes me really wish that we'd created that invention from Bill & Ted for album covers.

ts_gif_400.gif

I finally found a reason to thank The Donald for something. He provoked the world so much, that he got Audioslave back together on stage, 12 years after their breakup. 

Edited by CecilRousso

Ayreon - The Source is now available for preorder with a variety of preorder packages, all signed. Some come with different colour vinyls, t-shirt, hoodie, CD album + instrumental album + DVD behind the scenes and extras, an "earbook" with photos and stuff.....I'll be preordering if I can help it. So excited for this album.

The first track The Day That The World Breaks Down was released for free on Spotify and YouTube and features all 11 singers (there are actually 12 counting Zaher Zorgati but he only has a very small role on the album).

The final list of singers and guest musicians are:

-James LaBrie
-Tommy Rogers
-Simone Simons
-Michael Mills
-Floor Jansen
-Hansi Kürsch
-Tobias Sammet
-Michael Eriksen
-Nils K Rue
-Zaher Zorgati
-Tommy Karevik
-Russel Allen
-Paul Gilbert (lead guitar)
-Guthrie Govan (lead guitar)
-Mark Kelly (lead keyboard)
-Marcel Coenen (lead guitar)

Edited by MusicallyInspired

And the actual video, by Anton Corbijn of course. It's brilliant. 

Went to a Bring Me The Horizon concert with my bro that opened up with Beartooth and Underoath.  It was pretty good, but it was at a mosh pit auditorium. 

So, I'm just now starting to discover swedish metal music. 

This is out now and I am enjoying it immensely. I think this is some of Arjen's and each singer's best work and performances to date. He's also got the whole album available for free on YouTube officially. Seriously, what an amazing album.

Edited by MusicallyInspired

He's a God.

Edited by Johro

Bumping this thread, in lack of other threads, because the mighty Dave Gahan, of Depeche Mode fame, is continuing to be the best. 

I'm probably alone on this, but I was REALLY surprised by Metal Church's last album(reunion* with their 90's singer).

*Sort of.  No band member has appeared on every studio album.

This is like a transcendent experience for me

Most soulful music of all time.

Edited by Secret Fawful

7 hours ago, Letizia_Rizzo said:

Justin bieber I love you !!!!:x

Oh no.