Double Fine Action Forums

HOLY SHIT

I Just realised that Muse are awesome

That makes them the only band I actually like that's not more than 20 years old!

That makes them the only band I actually like that's not more than 20 years old!
I think it's time to find some new music to listen to. You can't stick with the classics forever.

On the topic of listening to newer music, my friend recently introduced me to

when talking about indie bands that were folk or inspired by folk.

Nah I'm fine just listening to old music because I always discover awesome new old bands like Rush

man 2112 is the most epic song every made, it would almost make that new guitar hero worth buying now that they've announced all 20 minutes will be on there

Nah I'm fine just listening to old music because I always discover awesome new old bands like Rush

man 2112 is the most epic song every made, it would almost make that new guitar hero worth buying now that they've announced all 20 minutes will be on there

?

The whole twenty minutes are playable in 7 parts.

I like Muse, Metric, Shiny Toy Guns, MGMT, Daft Punk, La Roux, Floreance + The Machine, Duffy, Joss Stone, Natasha Bedingfield, KT Tunstall, Nathan, Fruit Bats, The New P, Kelly Clarkson, The Little Ones, The Shins, Queen, Journey, Boston and a whole bunch of other similar and different artists which I haven't the time nor patience to list.

I listened to MGMT a while this weekend, they playing an outdoor concert in Burlington and I saw a bit when I was on a ferry that went right by and then I went to the venue to see what was going on and decided not to spend 35 bucks on it, they're not really my thing.

Got back from a Sublime concert tonight, first of all, I'm not going to a Sublime concert again, because Badfish was more fun and I'm not going to another concert at the Mohegan Sun unless it involves the Grateful Dead, because that's proboably the strictest venue I've ever seen. There were literally security guards going into the pit after Sublime started playing to take people joints. I don't need the security to baby-sit me, just keep anything dangerous from happening.

Would you listen to bands like Xiu Xiu, Cup of Tea? I guess they have more of an indie bias, but there's a lot of electronica in them as well, especially in their last album.

I hate music!

That was almost my complete ideology over music when I was a kid. It also didn't help that I was in a band, but I was so terrible as trumpet is a really hard first instrument that I never cared much for music, other than what was playing during video games.

I have come to enjoy a wide variety of most music. Although I tend to not enjoy rap, most hiphop, and a fairly large chunk of recent pop.

I adore instrumental music, soundtrack music, and surreal or dream like sounding music. Nothing beats getting into a creative mood than letting yourself run powered on music that was ripped right out of a dream.

Stuff like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-GJdxMMcVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zherMkcXdo

I've been listening to a lot of folk punk recently. Nothing will ever top this song as my favorite folk punk song. I particularly love the lyrics in the last two verses.

Most people usually bring up Flogging Molly or the Dropkick Murphys as mainstream examples, but yes. I'm not a huge fan, of what I've heard. myself.

Did anyone else ever hope that Scott Pilgrim's band was named after the awesome Flipper song rather than the lame Tom Jones song?

Yes, I'm posting this here, since I wanted to post that song, haha.

Would you listen to bands like Xiu Xiu, Cup of Tea? I guess they have more of an indie bias, but there's a lot of electronica in them as well, especially in their last album.
I'm not familiar with them, but I'll give 'em a shot. Any particularly awesome tracks you'd recommend?

And when it comes to Irish folk punk, you can't go wrong bit a bit of

or

I would definitely look at their latest album. They're on the depressing side lyrically, but still really cool musically. Check

out.

That's amazing. Someone took music I really don't like and turned it into music I really do like.

I would definitely look at their latest album. They're on the depressing side lyrically, but still really cool musically. Check
out.
Hmm, not a fan of his vocals at all. I like some of the sounds they make, but on the whole I find it all a bit melodramatic. Cumberland Gap was good tho :)

If anyone reads Homestuck, then they will enjoy this.

Even if you don't this song it just amazing and I can't stop listening to it oh god help.