Double Fine Action Forums

In addition to my inability to embed videos, I'm becoming aware of the fact I don't know even one of the song being posted here. I'll need some time to listen to all of this.

DFAF mebers have all this biodiversity, when it comes to music.

In addition to my inability to embed videos, I'm becoming aware of the fact I don't know even one of the song being posted here. I'll need some time to listen to all of this.
Can we expect reviews spanning at least 5 minutes each on every song?

Can we expect reviews spanning at least 5 minutes each on every song?

They will all be in middle age english and full of arcane words like octogenarian. And I'll coin new music genres for this: epic black poptronic, yodel-like or Discoprunk.

Why doesn't the forum send my post when i take to long to write them but "eats" them instead? Well, i'm not going to write that again.

Pink Floyd WOO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLKiMbC6s2k

Not related to this one but: Anyone ever done the whole dark side of the rainbow thing?

Why doesn't the forum send my post when i take to long to write them but "eats" them instead? Well, i'm not going to write that again.

Pink Floyd WOO!

Not related to this one but: Anyone ever done the whole dark side of the rainbow thing?

Finally music I know and enjoy!

There are some attempts of syncing the tune and the film on YouTube, but none of them are neither well done nor proving that it "works". Maybe the best test is trying it oneself.

Pink Floyd WOO!

Finally music I know and enjoy!

There are some attempts of syncing the tune and the film on YouTube, but none of them are neither well done nor proving that it "works". Maybe the best test is trying it oneself.

Dark Side of the Rainbow seems pretty iffy to me, this is a way better sync of Floyd music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQZAf97990w

This song is an unbelievable mixture of soothing/pretty music, high-energy rocking the **** out, melodic guitar sections, and even a bit of funk at one point. There are no vocals (I tend to prefer this). Just pure musical genius.

It has a long, quiet intro. The song actually starts at around 1:13.

This song is an unbelievable mixture of soothing/pretty music, high-energy rocking the **** out, melodic guitar sections, and even a bit of funk at one point. There are no vocals (I tend to prefer this). Just pure musical genius.

HELLO FRIEND! This song is amazing! The rest of the album, not at all.

HELLO FRIEND! This song is amazing! The rest of the album, not at all.

I actually agree!

Hm. Not sure how I feel about the Clearlight/Hypnos, but I liked the Gentle Giant!

To avoid getting too focused on rock, I'm gonna veer far left and take this thread into BLOODGRASS territory.

I need to listen to more Rush. They're pretty cool.

Anyway, I feel like I haven't posted enough Foo Fighters videos on these forums. Time to change that.

4PkcfQtibmU

That trumped really did the song for me, otherwise not really my cup of tea. Yet interesting enough to listen through.

I think i get a Rush tattoo this year; a Star-Man on my wrist on the 21st of December, aka 21.12... in the year 2012. :) Never listened much to the the Captain or Zappa if i'm honest, but their influence is felt throughout and i respect their artistic achievements.

Well while we are at it, how bout some blues? Blind Willie Johnson!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW1SRJrNZZw

He, and many others like him actually became essential influences to what modern music would become, without people like him things never would have been like they are today, no Stones, Cream, Elvis, Hendrix or even Beatles. Still, most people don't remember them, few give them credit, and the way those guys lived and died is just sad when looking at the things they have done for us.

He is a giant indeed, so great actually that he got chosen to be on the golden disk of Voyager 1, together with music of people such a Bach and Beethoven to represent humanity. Still, it's an achievement gone silent and once again nobody remembers.

They apparently also asked the Beatles to contribute a song for the Voyager 1 disk, and they apparently agreed, but EMI said no - i can't imagine a more fitting metaphor for the relation of music to industry than that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_Willie_Johnson

129 pages, no trip hop, what are you guys even doing? ;)

Portishead - Magic Doors

Archive - Nothing Else

Rob Dougan - There's Only Me

Baby Fox - The Rookery Part 1

4 trip hop links, no Massive Attack, what are you even doing? ;)

4 trip hop links, no Massive Attack, what are you even doing? ;)

Massive attack link, not going with Angel, what are... ok I'll drop the snobbery :D