Double Fine Action Forums

That's actually one of my favorites! Otis is epic.

Per Olov is actually a teacher, and you can buy this arrangement from him, i think it's one of the nicer ones to learn, and still sounds amazingly good.

This is a little far out, and i doubt many going to like it, but i really like Jussi Björling singing Swedish folk-songs, and opera ofcourse, but this is a bit more special IMHO.

-___-

Why cant I embed videos? >:(

It might be the extra stuff on the end. &ob=av2e that stuff.

EDIT:Yep that was it.

-___-

Why cant I embed videos? >:(

It might be the extra stuff on the end. &ob=av2e that stuff.

EDIT:Yep that was it.

Oohh ok, thanks.

*bangs head against desk*

Tarot > new Nightwish.

I really dislike the new direction they have been taking with their last few albums. Nothing is really done on a grand scale anymore.

Anyone remembers Rigor Mortis?

Killer sound but... oh boy, those lyrics are cheesy, and they they weren't that versatile, but that sound sure impressed everyone, and made it's mark on the musical landscape.

Anyone for Aphex Twin?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Az_7U0-cK0

Making people feel uncomfortable since always. xD

Kesha? Rhianna? What's next? Justin Bieber?

Dont you dare put them in the same category.

Kesha? Rhianna? What's next? Justin Bieber?

Dont you dare put them in the same category.

Yeah, sorry if i insult you, though they do have A LOT in common, and they are evil, but i will not go into detail now as you seem to be offended by this.

On a rather sad note:

Jim Marshall just died a few days ago. http://www.jimmarshall.co.uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqGiWmK6Uo0

Dont make assumptions, Im not offended by it, I was just trying to say that they aren't anywhere near as bad as beiber, and please explain to me why you think they are evil.

"Don't you dare" often comes across a little angry. Well they probably aren't evil on a personal level, but they are part of evil. Their success is not based on artistic merit, but market research and optimization, which basically leveled out the musical landscape of the mainstream to "plane as vanilla" and "what they feed you" which is why we always get the same bullshit themes and concepts. That's pretty tragic from a music lovers standpoint, but as an artist it's not easy either. Signing with a big label often means running the risk of abandoning being an artist and starting being a product, but it also means success. They make your rich and famous if they decide you are the next big thing but as a product you will be their life support and the main reason why musical mainstream sucks harder than a starving hooker. I know it seems a little mean to call on the artist as everyone gets screwed just the same, but in the end they would have the power but they don't use it. Besides, any self respecting artist should run for the hills when guys in suits make "recommendations" for changes or even give you a fully composed album, or fans saying "wtf y u sue me?" that's when you became their instrument, they play you like a guitar, you are a tool and product. The industry on the other hand apparently operates on the concept of things happening magically by themselves and can't afford it anymore not to make it a success, which is why they don't take risks anymore which is one of the reason why they do what they do. It's killing the art and becomes decoration and the artist help a great deal, that's why i consider it evil, and people like those mentioned are prime examples of talent being taken and made into a product. It's a rather personal topic. Well, we as listeners could also do things; i would recommend you download the music via Bitorrent and send Rhianna 5$ if you like her, but of course i don't because this would be illegal and evil.

"Don't you dare" often comes across a little angry. Well they probably aren't evil on a personal level, but they are part of evil. Their success is not based on artistic merit, but market research and optimization, which basically leveled out the musical landscape of the mainstream to "plane as vanilla" and "what they feed you" which is why we always get the same bullshit themes and concepts. That's pretty tragic from a music lovers standpoint, but as an artist it's not easy either. Signing with a big label often means running the risk of abandoning being an artist and starting being a product, but it also means success. They make your rich and famous if they decide you are the next big thing but as a product you will be their life support and the main reason why musical mainstream sucks harder than a starving hooker. I know it seems a little mean to call on the artist as everyone gets screwed just the same, but in the end they would have the power but they don't use it. Besides, any self respecting artist should run for the hills when guys in suits make "recommendations" for changes or even give you a fully composed album, or fans saying "wtf y u sue me?" that's when you became their instrument, they play you like a guitar, you are a tool and product. The industry on the other hand apparently operates on the concept of things happening magically by themselves and can't afford it anymore not to make it a success, which is why they don't take risks anymore which is one of the reason why they do what they do. It's killing the art and becomes decoration and the artist help a great deal, that's why i consider it evil, and people like those mentioned are prime examples of talent being taken and made into a product. It's a rather personal topic. Well, we as listeners could also do things; i would recommend you download the music via Bitorrent and send Rhianna 5$ if you like her, but of course i don't because this would be illegal and evil.

Holy crap, that was such a good post! You have a very respectable opinion on this

I was expecting something like "they all suck cause they are untalented bitches! " something someone else on this site would say...

But anyway, you are so right on so many things! I do agree that Rihanna is a bit artificial (like a lot of artists today), she dosent even write her own songs, and ever since she signed with roc nation they've been whor[del][/del]ing her out more and more, so I can totally see where you're coming from and its sad that this happens, I wish more artists would just do their thing and not have someone else control their every move. I think a lot of mainstream artists today do have talent but that talent is taken by some big company to make money, so they become as you said, a product :(

But hey, their songs are fun so people (inluding myself) will keep listening.

And of course I dont just stick to mainstream artists....

Why did Bach have to leave :(

Dunno if people are into this stuff, but the guy who makes this lives near me and he's pretty awesome :P

One could fill book about what's wrong with the music industry and what they did wrong, but hopefully they will do it right again some day or die out. Bruce Dickinson is amazing, cool thing is he's just as good live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nba3Tr_GLZU

Not music but i laughed my ass off.