Double Fine Action Forums

We had so much fun you and i, is i really time to let you go my dear music topic?

The Music Scene by Anthony Francisco

^^^Am I on drugs?! I don't remember taking any drugs! :gulp:

For those of you who like OST-type stuff, especially with strong use of choir vocals, there is a lot of awesome to be found in....

Adiemus (aka Karl Jenkins)

This one is just asking to be the theme for an epic battle...

The vocals alone are awesome in this, but when the fingerstyle guitar kicks in, it makes sweet sexy love to my ear holes.

I love how Lion King-ish this one is xD XD xD

And finally my all time favorite one. The bagpipe reminds me of Chrono Trigger =D

Adiemus (aka Karl Jenkins)

Love Adiemus, beautiful stuff.

Listening to selections from io9's Top 100 Albums Every Science-Fiction and Fantasy Fan Should Listen To.

Some wild and awesome stuff in here. I'm still on 71-100 but so far these are my favorites so far:

MOnJCRyCsM4

7OOLxGjb3dY

and

TAJRpKyvq8w

Amazing Flight - Ayreon

Nerdy sci-fi metal is pretty much par for the course but nerdy BLUES ROCK?!?! It's like Dungeons & ZZ Top & Dragons in here! Very cool!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favorite styles of music is downtemp or similar-sounding stuff. It's really the best music for the times when it's way too early/late and you can't get into the energy of more upbeat stuff but also don't want to fall asleep. You still want that back beat you can nod your head to, but you're too apathetic and drained to party. Thus, mankind invented soothing beats, which were named downtempo.

Some favorites:

Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand - Primitive Radio Gods

Another Day - The Album Leaf

Part of Me - Stray Theories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi7eWgVwvAo

I fucking LOVE Morrowind. The atmosphere and the writing and the everything. Oblivion was too generic fantasy for me to really get into it.

That Balmora picture is wonderful!

also;

More Brothertiger. Not a well known dude, but it's got to be pretty fucking hard not like him. Very easy listening, a lot of warm melodies and fantastic relaxing vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PGsxeaMmPi8#t=2s

I've been listening to this a lot, it's a remix of an R. Kelly song by a group called Starship Amazing from their recent 4 song ep called Career Suicide which is all Rap/Hip-Hop remixes. But just to let you guys know, this song and ep is not representative of their kind of style, this is the only remix thing they have done, and their style is electronic, but I've been gotten into this song recently and have been listening to it a lot.

Really odd but highly amusing song:

Actual Cannibal Shia Labeouf by Rob Cantor

I was laughing at that song for a week before I realized it's by a band I really like from my area calling themselves Tally Hall. Part of the reason I like them is because they are so hard to describe or put into a genre. Not because they have one style that is really unique and hard to describe, but because they don't really have a style aside from "whatever kind of music we feel like playing today".

Just to show off their wackiness and diversity, I give you this range of clips, all of them upbeat and fun, but quite different:

Good Day

Be Born

Banana Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEEmUdkTyJ0

Welcome To Tally Hall

Just a Friend (Biz Markie cover) (live)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHZThVUl8ww

They also write, film, and direct their own comedy shorts:

Okay, I'll be done now. Maybe.