Double Fine Action Forums

really loving the more experimental kind of music lately

i've bought and listened to the entire Flaming Lips Discography

they're so amazing and unique.

also, just discovered Sufjan Stevens, his new album is orgasmic

give this song a listen; Sufjan Stevens - The Age of Adz *so good*

some good new stuff that's a little bit more accessible;

Arcade Fire- The Suburbs

The Gaslight Anthem- American Slang (recommend buying it on itunes, because the bonus song is fantastic)

Oh yeah that song is amazing. Have you heard the live versain from the 'How The West was One' live album? It like goes for about four minutes longer and it's amazing.

My fav Led Zeppelin songs probably Since I've Been Loving You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkjv9SscotY

Very bluesy as well.

Yea! the live version of that song is awesome,

I also really like the live version of No Quarter off "The Song Remains The Same"

There's a good live versain of the lemon song, well mainly the start sounds awesome cos of the awesome build up to the intro they do:

After the main riff starts though it changes to a really really poor quality recording though where the band basically sounds like they're underwater. Oh well though, its still worth it just for the really damn awesome intro build up at the start.

Apparently this was released at the beginning of the month, and I feel ashamed for discovering it so late, but Atheist released one of the songs off of their new album! Second to Sun is it's name and it disintegrated any doubts I had about this first album in 17 years.

Has anyone heard Agalloch's new song? I can't wait for the album.
I have now. It was pretty sick. I didn't know they had a new album coming but I can't wait to hear more of it. Now I might have to dig up The Mantle and listen to it today.

God they have a song about fucking dogs in the ass or something jesus christ what the hell has music come to with this shit.

And the singer... eugh that voice god I hade teenage sounding singers the can piss off too!

Argh! And another thing, I don't CARE how good your singing voice is, if you have a baby face or under the age of 18.... fuk. off.

Okay! Sorry I really just needed a rant... there was so much bad music at that party, occasionaly something good would be shuffled to and then it would just be skipped.

Yes i really really HATE Blink-182, they have a very annoying style of music, 'specially that f*cking singer

What even bugs me more is everybody thinks Travis Barker is the best drummer in the world, seriously WTF

God they have a song about fucking dogs in the ass or something jesus christ what the hell has music come to with this shit.

And the singer... eugh that voice god I hade teenage sounding singers the can piss off too!

Argh! And another thing, I don't CARE how good your singing voice is, if you have a baby face or under the age of 18.... fuk. off.

Okay! Sorry I really just needed a rant... there was so much bad music at that party, occasionaly something could would be shuffled to and then it would just be skipped.

Teehee.

Yes i really really HATE Blink-182, they have a very annoying style of music, 'specially that f*cking singer

What even bugs me more is people Travis Barker is the best drummer in the world, WTF

George Hurley is my favorite drummer. He might not be the best, but what he lacks in skill he makes up for with funky drumming with the energy of punk. A close second is Brian Chippendale (that guy's just insane, I have no idea how he does what he does).

My favs include: Of course, the fathers of rock drumming: John Bonham, Neil Peart, and Keith Moon.

Others would have to be Danny Carey, Mike Portnoy, Dave Grohl, Lars Ulrich (meh, he's not that technically TALENTED but i really like his style of playing) and Buddy Rich.

There's also a couple Youtube drummers that are pretty krayzee

Though mostly cliche, I've got to respect the Kruppa and Rich love. Insomnia wins, though with George Hurley. That guy's among my favorites for his freedom and style. My favorite's still Steve Flynn, though. Want proof? Check the new Atheist song I posted. Also, thinking of jazz drummers, Blakey and Roach are up there for me, too.

Has anyone heard Agalloch's new song? I can't wait for the album.

Man, I didn't realize Agalloch was releasing anything new until half a week ago.

That was epic.

I really really need to buy a drum kit I used to play and I want to get back into it.

Need to save up a bit of money though, I have like 30 bucks right now so I don't think thats enough.

I guess I don't need a too expensive kit... but I really really need a good snare drum, I really really get pissed at bad sounding snare drums. Also I want a Ride Cymbol and a Cowbell which I'm probably going to need to buy seperate.

That was epic.

I really really need to buy a drum kit I used to play and I want to get back into it.

Need to save up a bit of money though, I have like 30 bucks right now so I don't think thats enough.

I guess I don't need a too expensive kit... but I really really need a good snare drum, I really really get pissed at bad sounding snare drums. Also I want a Ride Cymbol and a Cowbell which I'm probably going to need to buy seperate.

What about a:

DOUBLE BASS PEDAL???

Never really heard of her.

I loooove Rush so much, I havn't really listened to that much of their stuff yet, my favorite album I've heard so far is 2112, Moving Pictures isn't bad but I prefer 2112 more progressive rock style.

Also I actually don't mind Muse, Black Holes and Revelations is a pretty awesome album, Resistance is crap though.

I loooove Rush so much, I havn't really listened to that much of their stuff yet, my favorite album I've heard so far is 2112, Moving Pictures isn't bad but I prefer 2112 more progressive rock style.

Also I actually don't mind Muse, Black Holes and Revelations is a pretty awesome album, Resistance is crap though.

I feel old.

Listen to Rush's "Farewell to Kings" Its my second favorite Rush album.

I feel old.

She's only from the 90's though!

I feel old.

Exactly, and for awhile she was the biggest thing around. So the fact that you haven't heard of her is like, well I'm not comparing talents here but it's a bit like Growing up in the 80's and being all: "Beatles Who?" Actually nobody will ever be as popular as the Beatles. I take it back.

I feel old.

Exactly, and for awhile she was the biggest thing around. So the fact that you haven't heard of her is like, well I'm not comparing talents here but it's a bit like Growing up in the 80's and being all: "Beatles Who?" Actually nobody will ever be as popular as the Beatles. I take it back.

Well it's not that the 90's are too old for me... more their too, not old, for me.