Double Fine Action Forums

I like music topics too- especially the one where you were supposed to comment on the one above before you post one, but unfortunately people couldn't follow basic instructions and it went by the wayside. That was one of my favorite threads. But anyways I usually listen to pretty much all of the music that gets posted. That Sivusivu was interesting, I liked the video.

Here's a couple of songs I've been digging the last couple of days

IICOKiLaeSk

I guess I should quit posting trance on these forums as no-one else has ever shown any interest in it (other than milkman who liked some goa), but I can't resist.

FLKpUcm9u7k

You know that feeling when you start listening to an artist that just fits your mood at the time perfectly? I just had that:

WEvby-c1WnI

I am actually a really big fan of this. It has all my favorite ingredients. Strings? Oohs? Aahs? Percussion that is good for nodding along to but not at all good for dancing? Also, strings?

Yes, yes. All the most important things are here.

Saltillo is very cool. That album is very dark and melancholy and his newer is one dark but in a more aggressive way. I really like the instrumentation too, and I think the tone of the drums (I think it's a drum machine) goes along with the minor and dissonant playing on the strings. He also has some really interesting art, which I think I'm going to look for a link to. I think he illustrated some comic books.

Here's a link to the actual website:

http://www.menton3.com/gallery.php

If you google just 'Saltillo' the only thing that comes up is information about a city in mexico.

Depeche Mode has released the first single from the upcoming album Delta Machine. I know many will dismiss it initially for not being the typical Depche Mode song of the 80's, but stay with it. It grows.

^

I liked those songs, I had never heard of her before.

kBRG-NusxRc

I've been listening to a lot of punk today. I've always thought that all the individual subgenres were an acquired taste that you appreciate a lot more of you listen to the influences before you just delve into the developed subgenres, so I've been reading a lot of punk-taxanomy.

You know who's amazing? These guys.

I've posted them before, but I wish to reiterate.

Slasher fiction and the macabre set to the sound of bluegrass instruments playing in a dark minor key. Such a distinctive sound! They're so weird and unusual. I just want to hug them.

THANK ME! A new and fresh page! That one post was really dragging the topic down.

Anemone: I also love them - so much, PBB are the best! I think i've posted them here a couple times before, to bad their new one isn't available as a physical copy. This one's my favorite:

Well, if you liked that, maybe i can interest you in this:

Please support them, everyone! They are amazing. www.bitterruin.com

Here is what i originally came to post:

@Xaromir

Pretty Little Girl is also my all-time favorite, and I am positive I've posted it in this thread before. I just love the guitar on Tardy Hearse.

Just A Crush is also in my top 5, and it has that kick ass guitar solo in the middle. I'm really surprised more people haven't at least heard of them. They're very talented.

Never heard of Bitter Ruin! I don't know that I'd consider them similar to PBB, but they are definitely cool! Thanks for the rec. =]

Next music post is for those who like the pretty stuff. Specifically piano stuff.

Nah, it's just that the song also has a somewhat morbid vibe, and i really like to advertise them. They make music at it's bare minimum, but they are incredibly talented and do it at it's very finest.

Heard this one at the new year concert in january and live it's simply spectacular if played well.

I also just reminded myself about how brilliant some of the Tool videos are.

@above posts. I like that Pine Box Boys stuff. I am a sucker for bluegrass and macabre though. Tool is always awesome too.

I haven't seen a music video in a long while that I find as good as this. If this was just released as an animated short, I think it would take some awards from somewhere.

That's pretty awesome, great music too. Fun fact: The common raven actually is the biggest songbird in the world, so even the title is correct.

I think i've posted this one before, but it's also an example for a pretty darn awesome music video.

[vimeo]12622016[/vimeo]

Sivus's "Better Man Then He" also got a pretty darn interesting video, these things have been used before, but not to this extend in this way.

Actually that single was just released yesterday or today as download and 7", i actually per-ordered the 7".

@above posts. I like that Pine Box Boys stuff. I am a sucker for bluegrass and macabre though. Tool is always awesome too.

I haven't seen a music video in a long while that I find as good as this. If this was just released as an animated short, I think it would take some awards from somewhere.

This is excellent. Love the music and the video.

Iggy Pop http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UashLJhEkCk

Captain Beefheart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDCHSI2KnAA

John Frusciante

Radiohead

White Stripes

Devo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFctFa4XAcE

Pixies

Bob Dylan (Julie Corbalis)

The Cure http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IyH1nihdjI

Blur

Einstürzende Neubauten

Manu Chao http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KCpXE3dvWY

Alin Coen

Let's introduce a 3 pieces of music per post limit. o.O

I agree with this for music threads, although I wish there were some way to enforce it. My ideal music thread consists of the following rules:

1. You are only allowed to link one YouTube video, although you can mention in text the titles of other songs by the same artist people should look up if they like this one. If you want to post a second video, you must do it in another post. (No double posting.)

2. You cannot simply post a video link without saying anything. You must say two things in every post:

a) Say something about at least one other song that has been posted by someone else to show that you are listening and not just spamming your own music.

b) Say something about the link you are posting. What is it? Why is it interesting? Did any songs previously posted remind you of it? SOMETHING.

I couldn't care less about what someone thinks about a certain song. If you want to talk about this then feel free to do so but i won't. This thread is about posting some music. If you like something someone has posted then it's a win, if not, you lost some time. Everyone who can access this site probably is clever enough to get some more infos if he wants to. If it's against the intention of the thread to post just some links when you feel after without blabla and limits and further nonsense then i better stop posting here.

Please oh please, can we burn him on the stake?!

This is a forum, some elderly people would call it a >discussion< forum, though we do not, because we think this should be self-evident. If you want a collection of music order a label's catalog or stare at the iTunes shop if you please, but we expect a little more. Music simply "being there" is one of the things what's wrong with people listening to music today.

Anemone:

I mostly agree, though i don't get why you would rather have me double post, than post two videos in one post.

Who is we exactly? You and the other guy? The orginal poster of the thread? Are you generally trying to make your opinion sound more important by pretending to speak for some unknown majority like in the PS4 thread? Dude, i prefer listening to or making music instead of talking about it, therefore play your forum games with someone else.

We - meaning at the very least Anemone and me, as we seem to be mostly on the same page with this subject matter.

And the forum part: Me and (i guess) a majority of the people on the internet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.

Secondly: My comment wasn't only targeted against you, there been other instances where people just posted a bunch of videos with adding nothing else to the topic, which is not a great issue, but it's not to my liking and i vocalized this opinion, considering you didn't even made the effort to embed it, and apparently Anemone thinks alike; next you took it personally, which generally is ok but you decided to shit all over it with your "i don't give a shit about what you think" attitude and claim to know what this topic is all about. We the people who filled this topic gave it meaning and if you read though the pages you will find that for most of this topics history there usually was at least some dialog with most posts.

Now can we please stop that stupid argument and get back to music?

I choose you, Denis Leary!

Cracks me up every time.

Yeah. Post music.

Which is what taumel did and is the only requirement to contribute to this thread as far as I'm concerned.

----------------------

http://sapientslump.bandcamp.com/album/slump

I guess this is some kind of hip hop but not quite? It's pretty good.

But when does posting music end up into spamming the topic with a ton of replies.

He didn't even bother to embed them, he just dumped them her, and why he even bothered doing that is beyond me, he said he doesn't care what we think. Then why does he even bother interacting with us in the first pace? It beats the hell out of me, though i'd find it nice if we could return to normality for now.

Oh well, there is a new video by CDZA out, it's pretty darn brilliant as always, now excuse me while i drown some puppies.

Link dump posts tend to be ignored so people don't do much of that anyway and I don't see who they're hurting except Xaromir who has the smallest annoyance threshold in the world. I do think a bunch of embedded videos in a single post are annoying though. They take up much more space than a bunch of links and make the page load much slower.

Let’s introduce a 3 pieces of music per post limit. o.O

Yeah, look how pissed i must have been, all that profanity, my god, i'm out of control in that post, damn it, i sure am a monster.

I've asked to stop it twice already, but you keep bringing that shit back up, just to lay it out very plainly before you keep insulting me.

Pretty sure he was talking about the 2 essays you wrote after that.

I better shut up before I get banned though :o

The point was: It was no drama till he made it one. And how come you always come crawling out of your hole when you think you can talk me bad or insult me? That's the only time i ever see you post.

Well i do put you on ignore now, the least you could have done is being original.