Double Fine Action Forums

@Justin

What's the problem with posting music in a music thread?

@Justin

What's the problem with posting music in a music thread?

So far, spamming without participating in discussion. This isn't the place to accumulate your post count/make your 'recently watched on youtube'list.

@Justin

The original post isn't about discussing music, it's about posting music.

I set myself the rule to post at max one per day, whenever i'm in the mood to do so. From my timezone i'm fine with this.

If this upsets the usual suspects and you want to turn this into one of the more typical music idle-talk threads, i'm out as i have zero interest in this kind of "conversation", i'm only interested in the share & enjoy aspect.

I'm also not interested in whatever my post count is. How old do you think i am? Feel free to reset it if the system allows it.

When I think of the Max Panye OST I mostly think of that menu rumble but that FUTURE song sounds damn badass, I'm actually a massive fan of what Rockstar did with the GTA 4 theme:

I love the way it's like hip hop being used as a badass instrumental theme.

Maybe we should get a game OSTs discussion going in here.

You just reminded me of the classic GTA radio-stations. I really liked when they switched to licensed music, but it somehow lost a bit of it's craziness, and i look back with much nostalgia, but i'm not able to decide what i like more.

So the word on the tubes is that two RAM Daft Punk tracks are going to leak tonight, Lose Yourself To Dance and Contact.

Cool. I really liked the first single. It didn't sound like their other stuff, but maybe that's a good thing. It's good when artists try new things and it works.

So the word on the tubes is that two RAM Daft Punk tracks are going to leak tonight, Lose Yourself To Dance and Contact.

Update: Turned out to be another shit-ass radio station trying to get attention.

Update 2: There is a rumour of a really low quality "Give Life Back to Music" leak going around, I'm in the process of acquiring a link, I say rumor but people are saying it's legit, though I haven't seen any evidence for that yet. Be warned, if I manage to actually get it I've heard the quality is really really bad, like recorded on a mobile bad.

Wow, spamming actually stopped! :D We have the thread back, everyone! :D

New guilty pleasure. This is so darn cute - i wish it would have won, gets a little stale after the first two thirds, but i still like it, my favorite of this years euro vision.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EiuqczFZhQ

Russia's entry for 2012 was hilarious. xD

One of Depeche's finest song to date. Love it, just love it.

I don't know, but i feel it's less complex than the old stuff, a little boring. Am i the only that feels that way?

Band of orcs is quite unique, i guess you'll either hate it or love it.

Really enjoying Gutalax again these days, they are pretty hilarious - in addition to being really really stupid. xD Loving it.

After watching the Sidequest retrospective of Full Throttle (which I definitely need to play now), I started listening to The Gone Jackals.

I've been meaning to get a good, solid introduction to more recent hard rock and metal bands for awhile now (as well as any classic rock I happen to have missed).

I'm not a huge fan of Katy Perry. I've enjoyed some of her music and the most of the rest I can do without.

But this new single of her's Roar:

e9SeJIgWRPk

Is terrible! Oh it has a nice hook and is very hummable. But the lyrics... When your anthem reminds me of two better (And classic) songs in the damn chorus, you've lost!

Here's one of the better songs:

btPJPFnesV4

When people wanna punk rock their St. Patty's day, it seems they always turn to Dropkick Murphys, but I honestly think I like the Real McKenzies better.