Double Fine Action Forums

Hair bands. lol.

Oh yeah. You were pointing out the ridiculousness of the song itself. Yeah, that's stupid.

I just can't handle their poofy hair and the fact that they couldn't decide whether they should wear shirts or not so just ripped holes in them.

@Bidiot, i'm pretty sure they're a parody band. They have all the trappings of a 80's hair metal band spot on and amped up to hella high. Love how super over the top it is, the camera quality even looks like it was filmed in the early 90's.

@Fhqwhgads, Yes... Yes it is. The Space Jam website though might give it a run for its money, but I think it was made in the early 2000s though.

Here's a pretty awesome cover of "one of the best songs ever." Song starts at 1:08. The live instrumentals and vocal harmony give an already great song more dimension without straying too far from the source material. Not to say the original Ignition (Remix) was lacking or anything, just saying that this cover was done really well, without

. Great listen for a Friday IMO.

@gman5852, hopefully she'll have all the days of the week done before 2023. Imagine... each song getting more depressing as she gets older singing about the weekdays. No more partying, except maybe for Sunday. She'll eventually have to finish school/college (Mon-Tue), then get a soul crushing job in telemarketing or something (Wed-Thur). Or she could just keep on putting out songs about partying everyday like some sort of irresponsible alcoholic/soon to be drug abuser. But really, hopefully she grows as a musician/artist or becomes a "regular" well adjusted, once famous, person.

Since Christmas is coming I've been listening to Bjrok's album Gling Glo. It's not a Christmas Album but the instrumentals remind me of it. Something about a piano on top of a nice walking bass line and (drum) brushes really feels like the holidays for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iqNjcQT_UM

The sequel that everyone has been waiting 2 years for!

That was kind of funny actually she kind of made fun of her last video a bunch of times. I give her props for that, also for having Miley Cyrus, Carrot Top and Kanye West in her video.

Just been to Scandinavium in Gothenburg to see Depeche Mode.

My third time seeing them play.

Mother of..........fuck they were good.

The songs from the new album were the best versions I've heard of them, especially Heaven.

And the classics.....my god the classics.

I had two old friends seeing them tonight who both told my the finally got it.

So effing good!

This song is really cool you guys should all listen to it

I give up trying to embed, just click it :down:

This song is really cool you guys should all listen to it

I give up trying to embed, just click it :down:

If you get rid of the 's' on 'https' it will embed :)

@CecilRousso, sounds awesome dood. It's always nice to hear bands being good live! Music is always better the more people you have to enjoy it with.

@Warrior, never heard Christina Aguilera like that before, though I haven't heard anything she's done recently (since like 08) for hipster reasons. Reminds me kinda of Madonna and Santigold. I do admire her voice though. She did a cover of John Lennon's song "Mother" a while back that pops up once in a while when I'm driving. Some might think her interpretation a bit gaudy, but I like it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=57afZ7O1BgA

Edit: Also Bigelf is the accompanying band behind our vocalist.

@CecilRousso, That concert ending was wicked cool. That National's video was pretty sick too. Both look hella fun.

Edit: @Fhqwhgads, that documentary was pretty awesome. All over one movie of one particular film maker.

Listened to lots of Muppet's songs/recordings today. Really like this one in particular. Lots of the performances were lip synched on the show, but Linda Ronstadt always did her's live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbjsMGyZVDw

@CecilRousso, That concert ending was wicked cool. That National's video was pretty sick too. Both look hella fun.

It was just the ending of the first half, then they exploded in more then one hour of classics and fan service - Personal Jesus, Enjoy the Silence, Just Can't Get Enough, Never let me down again and more. :)

I spent most of the day yesterday sewing this sweatshirt that I've been working on. It's black metal themed and has a big Bathory patch on the back. I listened to the first three Bathory albums while I was working on it. When I first started listening to them I was much more into the later epic stuff but there are some real gems in the earlier black metal albums. hS8yDlAUzRA

As winter starts I start listening to s lot of black metal.

I always thought "Birds Of Prey" was the best (bonus)-track on Bionic.

Monday Morning and Little Dreamer are great too! :)

Heres some Ellie

@Ke$ha, It's always a pleasure to listen to a band's history. Just hearing what changes/stays the same or what influences an artist or group have taken on is fun. All I could think of when reading your post though is a Metal themed ugly Christmas sweater.

@Warrior, after a quick google, I'm surprised that those videos were directed by different people. Anything Could Happen is super legit!

@Fhqwhgads, Solid list dood. Lots of "future sounds" and grandeur in the songs you listed (aside from good music, that's what I hear). Good picks!

Can't really make a list of my top tracks of the year, I tend to be 1.5 years behind releases. Here's my favorite song of the year. Has everything I like: female vocalist, steady/mellow tempo, catchy hook, danceable to, somewhat jazzy, light use of trumpets... I can go on.

Runner up

Slam of the Year

My favourite songs of 2013:

01 Daft Punk - Touch

This was a close one. Really. Touch or Contact from Daft Punk's new album Random Access Memories. Both songs just blew me away on their own but Touch is special. It's basically a progrock track but it's not rock. The whole album is just brilliant and easily my favourite album of all time.

edit: My god. 7 months later and this song still gives me goosebumps.

02 Pet Shop Boys - Love Is A Bourgeois Construct

Some people claim this is their best song in ages. I say they always make great songs. Best lyrics of the year.

03 Lady GaGa - Applause

I have to admit I listened to this song about 1000 times since it was released. And I still love it. Just listen to that build up to the refrain. Oh my god!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q41F3moM_og

04 Lana Del Rey - Young And Beautiful

Wow. Did I really spend 19€ on the soundtrack just for that song? YES I did. That's what I get for not buying digital songs. If I ever buy a song in a digital store it must be a really special track. And it happened this year. But not this one. This one I got on disc because I can.

05 Brandon Blume - Uncontrolled Reentry

And that's the one. The first song I ever bought digitally. Because there is no CD. Are you happy now world? In a year in which Mike Oldfield hasn't put out anything new that I would buy this song was a really good substitute.

http://music.brandonblume.com/track/uncontrolled-reentry

Runner ups:

06 Power Glove - Blood Dragon Main Theme

07 Woodkid - I Love You

08 Justin Timberlake - Mirrors

09 Will.I.Am - Good Morning

10 Depeche Mode - Soothe My Soul

Applause and Mirrors are 2 of my favorite songs this year too!

HOLY SH|T. HOW HAVE I NOT HEARD OF THE G0DDAMN GALLOWS UNTIL NOW.

Teaser: It's not black metal. There are banjos involved. Just try it.

I might try a top 5 as well, though I can't really order them so I'll just list them randomly.

Kanye West - New Slaves

Was hard to pick one from Yeezus, Blood on the Leaves is just amazing and so is Black Skinhead, I honestly think that if Kanye had've actually made an effort to promote Black Skinhead is could have been a big single. But lately I've been leaning more towards New Slaves for regular listening, it just has so much energy and the lyrics are slightly less incomprehensible than the rest of Yeezus, plus I just love when the song turns into that Hungarian song sample so much, makes me go OOOOOOOOOOO as soon as it comes in.

Tyler the Creator - IFHY

I can just shout every line of this song out, no I'm not a psycho misogynist, and neither is Tyler either.... I think. Anyway I think the subject matter of this song could attract some criticism, but it's obvious that this isn't really Tyler (I think in the context he's actually rapping as a character named Sam) and that this song is not portraying this character in a positive light. So the violent misogynistic lyrics of this song is like something out of a brutal horror film, which is why I like it so much.

Run the Jewels - Job Well Done

Leaning to this being my favorite album of the year, what a pleasant surprise it turned out to be. The best electronic-centric production (I normally prefer the sample sound in hip hop) I've ever heard and though most of the songs aren't lyrically trying to really tackle or be about anything, the wordplay and boasts are so ridiculous that it's hard to not love it in that Wu Tang Clan sort of way.

Anyway this song is one of the standouts for me, with that massive fuzzy riff going on. Plus it contains the line "It's like Tyson in the 80s, nigga snap and punch your lights out, It's like Tyson in the 90s, if I'm losing TAKE A BITE OUT."

F*ck yeaaaaaaaaah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSpfnMxrRzo

The Arctic Monkeys - Do I Wanna Know?

Haven't really given this album much of a listen, it didn't leave much of an impression on me the first time but the buzz around it is making me want to give it another try. Regardless, this song is a regular listen, I love the way it uses it's repetitive beat and riff to create this sort of, rising feeling that gets bigger and bigger as the song goes on.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Jubilee Street

Like AM, I probably haven't listened to this album as much as it deserves, regardless this song is straight up amazing, Nick Cave can basically do anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6rTZe6gtS8

@dinnerordie17, Rad list dood. Reviews as thorough as the ones you do on books! Never heard of Run The Jewels before, they sound pretty awesome (that beat behind the chorus is almost dizzying... in a good way).

@Anenome, That's purdy awesome too! The banjo doesn't seem a novel as I thought it would, fits in there nice. Reminds me of Katzenjammer a bit with their quirky instrumentation. Not nearly as rocking/dirty though.

@Fhqwhgads, That video is blocked in the US apparently, but Garbage is sooooo good! I feel they didn't catch on in the US (not the part I'm from at least) as they should have. Only Happy When it Rains made a big splash though. They always remind me of Gran Turismo.

Here's a fun jazz piece to listen to. The piano dood totally punched me in the face with his solo (in a good way).

Top Songs of 2013 if you ask me:

1. Depeche Mode - Broken

2. The National - Sea of Love

3. The Avett Brothers - Vanity

4. Daniel Norgren - Whatever Turns You On

5. Phoenix - The Real Thing

I have a hard time remembering what I listened to that came out by year, so this are just some of my favorites that I have in itunes that are labeled correctly (artist- album):

Aodioiboa- 1353

Benji Vaughan- Even Tundra

BlackStarrFinale- AURYN (concept album about the Neverending Story <33333)

Burzum- Sol Austan, Mani Vestan

Eternal Oath- Ghostlands

Graveland- Thunderbolts of the Gods

Globular- Magnitudes of Order

Kylesa- Ultraviolet

Long Distance Calling- The Flood Inside

Okkervil River- The Silver Gymnasium

Ra Djan- Anima Fuga

Shpongle- Museum of Consciousness

Spruce- Ubikvad Omniheita

Terje Rypdal- Melodic Warrior

The best live acts that I caught this year were Dopapod, Furthur, Shpongle, Beats Antique and Orchard Lounge.

I was looking at some of the first pages of this thread and found a link to this

. I like it so I decided to check out more from this band and they are pretty good.

i0OauFXcz3U

yNW7laFeIrQ

-eCjc8nR_7Q