Double Fine Action Forums

You want to have fun at school? Buckle down and learn more than your teacher ever could, and then never miss an opportunity to remind them of it. Always correct your teacher in front of the whole class. That's a whole day's worth of gloating right there. That's how I stayed sane. Has anyone seen my box of androids? The lighthouse! The lighthouse!

I just brought an N64 and played Super Smash Bros with friends all day. Best school year ever (outside of the Israel semester).

I go back the same day Scott Pilgrim vs The world: The game comes out for xbox. God I wont be able to concentrate that whole day till I get home.

I am accually excited I am done with Summer break. I want to go back to school.

I'm home-schooled, and I started a week early so I can have a week off for Halo: Reach xD

I get to start college with a jazz history class :)

Omg I did the same thing When I was in college. Although I dont go anywhere any more for education so...screw you guys.

I'm planning on expanding my collection beforehand to be in accordance with gridsleep's idea, haha. I'm excited, though, since it covers both a humanities and communications requirement.

I graduated a few months ago~ B3 I AM HAPPY wait now I have to think about collage ffffffffff :

I'm actually somewhat excited for college. I like being able to take the classes that I want to take. Also, my school somehow attracts

type of awesome stuff.

my classes start next week :(. i still havent got my schedule yet. then again, i am going to a community college so i cant really expect them to be on the ball.

what college is that

RPI, up around Albany. They've got a fantastic concert hall/media center on campus, even though it's mostly a science/engineering/architecture school. It's actually ranked highly, considered one of the best concert halls in the world.

I'm homeschooled. My mom is a member of several bands. I go to public school for choir. I have the option of going to college anyway, and in fact we just got a book called 'College without high school' but I don't think I will. I read a study the other day that proved people who don't go to college are happier in general. it was a little scary to tell the truth. I think if I do it'll be an art school.

I'm homeschooled. My mom is a member of several bands. I go to public school for choir. I have the option of going to college anyway, and in fact we just got a book called 'College without high school' but I don't think I will. I read a study the other day that proved people who don't go to college are happier in general. it was a little scary to tell the truth. I think if I do it'll be an art school.

...Well I'm going to college right now and I absolutely love it. My classes next semester are awesome. Fiction, Screenwriting, Game Design, Improv... fencing. I may suffer from a creative overload but damn it will be a good way to go.

...Well I'm going to college right now and I absolutely love it. My classes next semester are awesome. Fiction, Screenwriting, Game Design, Improv... fencing. I may suffer from a creative overload but damn it will be a good way to go.

im a little jealous of your classes

The importance of college from a career standpoint depends on your aspirations. From an experiential standpoint, you have to ask someone who's been through it.

im a little jealous of your classes

Yeah, Game Design is pretty awesome. It's actually the second Game Design course I'm taking. The first was through an affiliated grad school and was more professional. The one I am taking this semester kind of artsy.

And fencing is a student taught course =P

what college is that

RPI, up around Albany. They've got a fantastic concert hall/media center on campus, even though it's mostly a science/engineering/architecture school. It's actually ranked highly, considered one of the best concert halls in the world.

what are you (thinking about) majoring in

I'm goin to a technical school to learn how to animate and make video games and stuff. Because of it, I get like a half day every day at my high school, followed by an indefinite lunch period, and then I go there for two hours to mess around in photoshop, and then I ride the bus back and get to leave 10-20 minutes early from school.

I'm sticking with classic mechanical engineering for now.

oh man i shouldn't have asked. my ex-roommate was a mechanical engineering student and he was the most inflexible, uncaring, boring person i have ever known. please don't be like him.

(since he is also the only mechanical engineering student i have ever known, i imagine all of you to be exactly like him)

That's the beauty of RPI. Out of all the people I met, I don't think I've seen one cold-blooded introvert in the bunch. My roommate's a guy completely into the underground and local hardcore punk music scene and he's going into nuclear engineering. He also thinks I'm a satanist, haha. The other kids I met are mostly nerds, but the good kind of nerds. The kind that you can talk to about video games and anime without anyone being overly obsessed or preachy about anything. The kind that doesn't repulse all human life within a fifteen foot radius. It's great to be among my own people.

I'm planning on getting involved with the music scene and radio, myself (big surprise for the music guy). Also, I want to work with the media center. I'm not a terribly great artist, myself, but I would love to do what I could there, since they put on a lot of great artsy shows and have some pretty fantastic technology, including hologram projectors.

Sign in to follow this