Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MetalGearChick

*IGNORE THIS TOPIC PLEASE*

EDIT 1-22-11: Apparently for some reason, someone bumped this topic, even though I never wanted to speak of this topic ever again, and even made a confession topic saying that I was sorry for pissing everyone off by this. The original post here was me being negative about Adventure Time, but TBH, at this time I had never seen the show. I just looked at pictures of it and thought, “Good god, this looks retarded,” and then I made this topic just to see how everyone would react and whatnot, and now that I look back, that was a very bad decision. A couple months later, I actually watched a few episodes and clips, and I didn't dislike or hate it show at all, but I'm just not a fan of it. I like the characters though.

So, please, just ignore this topic.

Because it is awesome, and very reminiscent of 90's nickelodeon. Have you seen the original short? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtyJi3lExo0

It aired on nick way back when and recently Cartoon Network decided to turn it into a series.

It doesn't feel like 90's Nicktoons to me. It feels more like most of the crappy new cartoons that plague television these days.

Because it is awesome, and very reminiscent of 90's nickelodeon. Have you seen the original short? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtyJi3lExo0

It aired on nick way back when and recently Cartoon Network decided to turn it into a series.

It doesn't feel like 90's Nicktoons to me. It feels more like most of the crappy new cartoons that plague television these days.

You went down to the bottom of list of people I like.

I'll tell you what plauges television today.

TWEEN SITCOMS.

They've taken over Nickelodeon (which really doesn't play cartoons anymore) and Disney Channel (Phineas and Ferb is still awesome, though).

WHO WILL THEY GET NEXT?

NOBODY KNOWS.

I'll tell you what plauges television today.

TWEEN SITCOMS.

They've taken over Nickelodeon (which really doesn't play cartoons anymore) and Disney Channel (Phineas and Ferb is still awesome, though).

WHO WILL THEY GET NEXT?

NOBODY KNOWS.

Yeah, I believe the only cartoon they play is Spongebob, which needs to die, or just get thrown off a cliff by angry why wolves

No disrespect, MetalGearChick, but I don't see where you are coming from on this one.

Adventure Time just has a sense of delightfully random energy, and manages more often than not to take you by surprise with how it goes about doing things. Almost every time an episode feels like it's going to fall into cartoon cliches, it subverts them gleefully. Most importantly, you can tell the people who work on it really enjoy what they are doing.

That's why I, personally, enjoy Adventure Time.

Actually, looking at your video, the reasons I enjoy Adventure Time are very similar to the reasons I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim. I wouldn't say one is better than the other.

i fucking love ADVENTURE TIME! its so weird, (like the good ol ren and stimpy, invader zim, and rocko's modern life) yeah, it like 90's nickelodeon (awesome) a real show to hate is that disgusting cartoon johnny test.... bleh

You went down to the bottom of list of people I like.

can i be at the top of the list of people you dont like?

how many people are on the list of people u like?

There are a total of 249 people I like.

There are a total of 48 people I kinda like

There are a total of 1,289 people I dont like.

Yes I keep a list I update it every time I find a person I like and dont like. I have it on my computer, although I just can copy and paste due to my computer being updated. I'm using my dads shitty Vista computer.

I have to admit that, at first, I thought adventure time was another stupid kids show.

Then I watched it, and found it to be brilliant. Like a laser-pen of awesome.

I have to admit that, at first, I thought adventure time was another stupid kids show.

I would say more like a:

Hamburger topped with awesome sauce and a side of epic steak fries

Yes I keep a list I update it every time I find a person I like and dont like. I have it on my computer, although I just can copy and paste due to my computer being updated. I'm using my dads shitty Vista computer.

Can I haz on teh list?

I would say more like a:

Hamburger topped with awesome sauce and a side of epic steak fries

Maybe it's like one of those things where they throw in a toy, except instead of a cheep plastic thing it's something awesome. But what....?

I don't like hamburgers, though.

Can I haz on teh list?

Your on the list of people I kinda like

Can I haz on teh list?

Your on the list of people I kinda like

Hey I'm not some kind of vanilla-lettuce food that you can kinda like. I'm either a douche bag or a demigod, so you better put me in another category, brahmigo.

so...... i feel pretty special now :D :D :D

Sign in to follow this