Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nic777

Brutal Legend 2 MUST BE MADE!!!

This game was awesome and I don't buy the fact that there was never any intention to make a sequel. Too many gaping unresolved story line holes are riddled throughout the game that could only have been put there if A) the designers were too lazy to address them or B) they would later be addressed at some point. Judging by the extremely high caliber of the game I would have to believe the latter.

I would certainly like to see the following if a sequel was made:

1) More solo quests for Eddy, dungeon style ie. lair of the metal queen

2) Lars MUST return as an avenging spirit of some kind

3) Slightly less of the RTS battles

4) Of course, the resolution of all the questions regarding the plot

5) A tribute to metal drumming, almost every aspect was paid its respect except drumming

6) Obviously the return of the high caliber cameos

7) The multiplayer battles were nice, but perhaps some in game multiplayer would be great

I'm sure there are many other suggestions that people could come up with.

I know BL was slow to start up, but every single person I've recommended the game to has absolutely loved it. I heard that the game surpassed the 1 million sales mark which is a testament to its greatness!!!

There is no excuse for not making BL2!!! If you agree please post! The Metal Militia must be heard!!!

Tell that to EA, who shot down Double Fine.

Now hold on with the Action RTS battles. The Stage Battles were the whole point, and Tim Schafer says that the single player exists to teach the multiplayer. They made the multiplayer first (over four years) and then built a world and story around it last.

Also, if you're having trouble,

http://kotaku.com/5382233/tim-schafer-explains-how-to-play-brutal-legend

The game was designed to reward players who fight alongside their army and use their Solos and Double Teams.

In contrast, the game punishes players who dive in alone and try to fight like Kratos, and players who just fly in the air commanding all the time don't do too well either. Your army is not the faceless mooks from Nintey Nine Nights or Dynasty Warriors. They are as powerful as they are charming.

But because of all the work, and the creation of the Brutal Legend engine, they don't have to do too much to make a sequel. They would just change things here and there with the multiplayer, and then make a massive single player adventure.

I had a rough idea for a story, it came to me in a dream a few weeks ago and I spent sometime last night piecing some bits together while listening to some Dark Tranquillity and Angra.

Brutal Legend and The Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son.

So yea taking some influnce from that masterpiece from Iron Maiden, anyway enough talk here it is, I don't have monster or anything just characters.

Peace regains in the world of Brütal Legend since Eddie defeated Doviculus however as is usually the case when peace lasts for as long as it does a dark force rises from the frozen wastes of the north as a dark tyrant comes to power crushing all those who stand in his way with ease and is seemingly invincible, he knows how the battle will go, what his enemies will do before he does it. How does he do this, with the help of the Seventh Son.

The SSOASS (something Harris?) will be a small frail man, mid 20s possibly, he is not evil but is instead an unwilling accomplish to the tyrant, he has the gift of the second sight and many other strange powers have yet to think of. But mostly like seeing through time, past, present, future sort of stuff.

His history is that he was born of a Seventh Son who fought along side Riggnarok in the Black Tear Rebellion along with the other Sons from the family of Harris and each of them were champions in Rebellion. However after the the war the Seven Sons settled down and had families of their own with the wife and had kids (one of them the father to Lars and Lita possibly, maybe?) but the Seventh Son for all that he and his wife tried to have a son but ever son died at birth, all but the Seventh Son although he was weakly and pathetic his parents still loved him as he was until they died (killed maybe dunno yet). Harris the SSOASS was friendly with Eddie and his crew but when they fell under attack from the warriors from the frozen wastes Harris was taken prisoner and then as I said is made to use his powers for the dark tyrant.

But yea thats pretty much it, how is it?

And as well over at the BRUTAL forums a guy Lordstevie had a awesome idea that Dio should appear as The Man On The Silver Mountain \m/ o \m/

Sorry not happening unless EA changes their mind.
or unless another publisher decides to publish brutal legend 2

Its not that easy...

And did you take that picture from me?

I actually speculate that THQ is interested in doing it. BL and Dawn of War 2 have a lot in common in gameplay and content.

Hopefully EA will see the new games, and then they may have a new perspective on the potential of Double Fine's game engine.

Hopefully EA will see the new games, and then they may have a new perspective on the potential of Double Fine's game engine.

2008- 2009 was an interesting year for EA. They published three awesome but weak selling games. Mirror's Edge was first, Dead Space was second and Brutal Legend was last. I don't get why they'd go ahead with a sequel to Dead Space but not Brutal Legend. Double Fine has everything they need to make a high quality sequel.

This game means so much for me and I would love a sequel. Ever since I finished Brutal Legend there has been an empty hole inside of me. Now that I've found out that EA dont want a sequel that hole just became bigger...

Please Double Fine make a sequel!

This game means so much for me and I would love a sequel. Ever since I finished Brutal Legend there has been an empty hole inside of me. Now that I've found out that EA dont want a sequel that hole just became bigger...

Please Double Fine make a sequel!

Yes i actually got a bit sad when i found there wasnt gonna be a brutal legend 2 there is just something about this game that just makes me feel warm inside lol, to me its like no other game i have ever played before

Yeah I feel exactly the same, it's my favorite game and I'm always gonna have Brutal Legend with me in my mind. I mean this game had it all: action, humour, irony, love, adventures, heavy metal & rock music. This game fulfilled my dreams lol :D

I hope THQ sees success with Double Fine's works. EA deserves to be embarrassed from throwing Double Fine under the bus with everything they've done. Especially with THQ's marketing strategy "STFU and let Tim Schafer speak."

How about metal vs. rap (crap) id love to kick the hell out of some rappers with a metal head, for as long as i've known rappers hate metal heads and metal heads hate rappers being a metal head myself. i have a million and one ideas for Brutal Legend 2 or maybe metal vs. some other genre maybe vs. the rednecks / hillbillies or something if they ran out of ideas then they need to ask the fans, as in BL fans are the only reason they make money to begin with ive beaten the game on every difficulty level several times and i'm insanely addicted and i swear if they don't make a sequel to Brutal Legend ill swear off the rest of double fines games until they do a sequel hell i'm sure every fan will give them ideas for free even open up some online polls or something ask what people would like to see in the game what stars they think would be good in the sequel personally I think Ozzy was perfect as the guardian of metal he should be in number 2 as the same maybe throw rob zombie in there and speaking of rob zombie he would have some awesome ideas for number 2 if he'd offer them up listen to the song The metal it should give you some new ideas what about adding cousin Eddie from the iron maiden covers as a character or other metal mascots like Eddie (iron maiden), rattlehead (megadeth), the crimson ghost (misfits), snaggle tooth (motor head) ETC. come on theres tons of ideas out there just make a sequel and ill buy it

Wall of Text!!! :o

And no Brutal Legend 2 will NOT happen EVER EVER EVER EVER

Blame EA!!! >:(

:lol:

You're funny.

What else the fuck could I mean by probably?! lol seriously, wise up.

EA doesn't HAVE to publish Brutal Legend silly billy, there is other publishers out there.

DF was already making one before it got canned anyways... What will stop them in the future when DF becomes more famous and powerful?

And yeah mikey told me that garbage too, he said he would kill me if i ever told anybody.

All he told me was that he was already talking with jack black about it and hopes to do it. He was hoping that the movie would be a hit and ea would reconsider the 2nd installment.

Unfortunately, Brutal Legend 2 won't be made because EA fucked Double Fine over and refused to let them make a sequel. But yet, EA still churns out endless amounts of sports games per year. *sigh*

I might do a fanfic of what happens next though. Do you think I should?

But DF did say that BL was their's to do whatever they want with it. So it might happen.

They were already getting started on a sequel when EA pulled the plug

They just need a publisher. EA are probably out and presumably Activision wouldn't go for it. Who's left?

Alternative - we all put a few bucks into a hat and try to raise 10 million, then DF could make Brütal Legend 2, Psychonauts 2 and maybe even put voices into Costume Quest :lol:

I have no choice but to become a millionare and then be a publisher. I'll publish this and Battlezone 3. That'll teach em.

Maybe someone will make an unofficial retro sequel with 8 bit graphics and chiptune metal!

Hey, I'd play it.

Created an account just because of BL, to support this mfing thread! ROCK OUN!!!! (headbang)
\m/

we should all buy extra copies of Brutal legend to cover all the dum dums that are dum dum enough not to buy the best game ever created, im going to buy an extra copy right now (with my brother's credit card :P )

I live for the day that Brütal Legend 2 comes out! I think that some day in the future when the time is right, Brütal Legend 2 will be unleashed upon the unsuspecting world and will gradually make it's mark on video game history! Fingers crossed.

Sign in to follow this