Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nic777

Brutal Legend 2 MUST BE MADE!!!

I've been doing a lot of thinking about BL 2 and even if EA can't allow the sequel, do you think that Double Fine should think of making a novel or a comic book for BL 2? I mean sure a movie would be the best thing but if Double Fine would make a novel or a comic book for the funding of it game version would you support them?

I've been doing a lot of thinking about BL 2 and even if EA can't allow the sequel, do you think that Double Fine should think of making a novel or a comic book for BL 2? I mean sure a movie would be the best thing but if Double Fine would make a novel or a comic book for the funding of it game version would you support them?

no, who the hell reads anymore.

It's never impossible. The download market is definitely there, all Doublefine needs is a publisher, they could even get a completely different publisher. That's quite a road down though. Plus I would expect even less songs, unless they add more obscure stuff. It'd also be hard to get such a well known cast back together.

I agree with this IT MUST BE MADE, my heart was torn out when they said BL2 was cancelled. Just like what Doviculus did to Ophelia. At least sell the rights of BL2 to some one else so they can finish it I mean they aren't gonna do anything with it unless EA and Double Fine are gonna surprise us! But until that happens Emperor Doviculus will keep my crushed heart.

Grand Theft Auto: Heavy Metal.

Dosen't exactly work for me.

Ha ha yeah... that's probably how that would turn out. I know some people are not very fond of the stage battles, but i loved watching the time lapse stage build and knowing that I was about to either get my ass totally kicked or gonna walk over some people.. Brütal legend was an awesome Twist on the RTS, but it was also really cool that you got to do some dungeoning. I know that i would pre-order it as soon as it was announced as would a few of my friends. I loved it.

I completely agree. So many plot holes need to be filled and BL had a great story line that needs to be continued. They should make a new multiplayer mode like the HORDE mode from Gears of War...i think it'd be awsome to face wave upon wave of IH, TC, DD, Lionwhytes forces, or even animals(lol). A BL2 needs to be made none the less. And I dont know if DF is in a contract with EA or something but couldnt they just go to someone else like Epic Games. AND DF IF YOU ARE READING THIS WE (THE PEOPLE) NEED A BL2!!!

Interesting, I'm glad there is a thread on this.

I really LOVE Brütal Legend, and it's many many inside jokes (just look at the title of the game for the "Heavy Metal Umlaut" that Blue Öyster Cult "invented", although unfortunately not having any BÖC songs in it....)

And I really agree that there are some plot holes left, especially that scene at the end with the close-up of the tear, not really sure what we should be seeing there, but I have my suspicions.

Now the reason for this post is pretty simple, I have several (in my opinion) good ideas for the story and game-play if there is a sequel made, and also some really fun suggestions.

Now I will not go into many of the ideas I have for the story, but if someone that's in the company wants to hear the full idea they would know how to contact me.

I will however share several of the fun ideas here.

Now as we all know, the Metal scene is heavily fragmented and all over the place, my thought would be that that could probably happen to the people of the Brütal Legend world as well, and so factions would form around people that prefer a certain type of music.

My idea would be the "generalists" of Ironheade who would listen to practically anything, so they would probably be best represented by the old Ironheade army from the first game (with newer stuff naturally).

Another faction could maybe be called IronSworde, these would be the people that are into Power Metal, Symphonic Metal and other similar forms (think of music like HammerFall, Edguy, Iron Savior, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody Of Fire, Masterplan and such). Their army could also be inspired by that music, with sword men instead of the headbangers and such things.

A third faction could be called IronShredder. and this would be Thrash / Speed Metal inspired (think of bands like Annihilator, Destruction, Nuclear Assault, Anthrax, Exodus, Iced Earth and such). This would also manifest itself in the look of the army.

A fourth army could be formed from IronHeade and remnants of the Drowning Doom, becoming IronTears, as previously the inspirations here would come from Doom Metal and Death Metal, although now maybe without the goth look, since they blended with IronHeade members.

Now how does that wall of text fit into the story.

My idea is that IronHeade has started to fragment, and Eddie returns just at the right time in order to have to choose a side and that is basically what you have to play with from then on.

Now this is nowhere near the whole idea for me, this is only the first act, I got a LOT more in mind here, and not all Metal related ;)

And here are some other random ideas.

Fun Music unlocks.

Buy all the car upgrades and get a nice driving song, something like Ultra-Motion by Annihilator.

Destroy some great technological thing and get Killing Technology by Voivod.

Complete all the Tuturials and get Teacher's Pet by Venom.

Do the Beer-Run and get Romeo Delight by Van Halen.

Kill 10 enemies with a single attack and get Dropping Like Flies by Armored Saint.

Suicide yourself in some interesting way (not jumping off a cliff or something) and get Kill Yourself by S.O.D.

Find all Buried Metal and get Metal Is Forever by Primal Fear.

I guess you can think of many more, heck, you can even tie some songs to Achievement Unlocks.

Well, that's a small taste of the ideas I have.

I know this is very presumptuous to post something like this on my first post on this forum, but I had to get that of my chest, otherwise I would be driving myself crazy.

Oh yeah, and EA seriously suck... Dead Space 2 was even deader than Dead Space 1, but no Brütal Legend 2? For SHAME!

This game means so much for me and I would love a sequel. Ever since I finished Brutal Legend there has been an empty hole inside of me. Now that I've found out that EA dont want a sequel that hole just became bigger...

Same here bro... same here... in fact, my hole is getting so big, I came to the forums to try and find people who think the same way :o

Please Double Fine make a sequel!

Watching E3 and still NO BRUTAL LEGEND SEQUEL, for goodness sake EA are sitting on something that has a massive cult following and yet they do nothing its like they want to lose fans.

is there a petetion someone has set up anywhere i can sign or Frank Gibeau's email address so i can send a letter of complaint (thats my britishness coming out). Frank Gibeau and everyone else at ea need to realise that they need this game as much as the fans do!

Watching E3 and still NO BRUTAL LEGEND SEQUEL, for goodness sake EA are sitting on something that has a massive cult following and yet they do nothing its like they want to lose fans.

is there a petetion someone has set up anywhere i can sign or Frank Gibeau's email address so i can send a letter of complaint (thats my britishness coming out). Frank Gibeau and everyone else at ea need to realise that they need this game as much as the fans do!

Tim confirmed a long time ago that the sequel was canned.

And that was EA's decision, if I recall correctly. They're not interested, wouldn't even release a ready-to-ship patch. No point talking to them about it

Tim confirmed a long time ago that the sequel was canned.

i know that but that was a few years ago and i was hoping that EA would have changed their minds by now.

Ok Tim, its been 2 years since this came out. Its time to step up to the plate and make BL2 damn it. Get THQ, MS or whoever to publish this, but get the game made and get it out on the shelves. Your work is some of the best I've even seen and it would be a damn shame to see this game never get made.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again: Brutal legend doesnt need a sequel it needs a prequel.

I kind of agree it really does need a prequel. There are so many untold stories of the past!

There needs to be a Brütal Legend 2, it was so beautiful and heart stopping. I'm still spinning the awesome playlist at home! \m/

It would be great if sequel will be made. 'Cause I've need metal in my life.

Even if all the rights are belong to EA, DF can simpy change the title.

Hey the game could be called Brütal Kotick!

You play as the humble and bearded games developer Tim Shaver as you gather a creative team and take it on the road in attempt to rid the world of money driven lunatics led by the oppressive overlord Koticulus.

Wield the power of Shavers straight razor and legendary shtick to return the sacred chip of Enjöyment to a land filled with Adventure and Games.

Long live Double Fine!

Hey the game could be called Brütal Kotick!

You play as the humble and bearded games developer Tim Shaver as you gather a creative team and take it on the road in attempt to rid the world of money driven lunatics led by the oppressive overlord Koticulus.

Wield the power of Shavers straight razor and legendary shtick to return the sacred chip of Enjöyment to a land filled with Adventure and Games.

Long live Double Fine!

Even if DF doesn't make this game, someone should still make this game. Lol, we could all go together and learn how to program! :D It would be the most ultimate fan tribute to a game company ever made. We could even get into Guinness..

I shit you not, if anyone has plans to make this game I'm signing up for free as a concept artist.

They should at least make some DLC for this game. And I'm not talking for the Multiplayer. I want some extra quests or added storyline damn it!!!

They should at least make some DLC for this game. And I'm not talking for the Multiplayer. I want some extra quests or added storyline damn it!!!

I know it's not mentioned in the description, but the second DLC pack did add some single player content.

I know it's not mentioned in the description, but the second DLC pack did add some single player content.

Costumes don't really count since nothing substantial was added. They were only there for cosmetic purposes.

Sign in to follow this