• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
PeaceShaker

1UP & GameTrailers CQ Videos

Nice. I like how THQ's marketing strategy is STFU and let Tim Schafer talk

As it should be.

Furthermore, Tim Schafer is taking a backseat to the first of his Four Generals, Tasha Harris. This game is her brainchild.

I wouldn't mind if the marketing threw in a Mario RPG joke in there:

You'd better watch out! Double Fine knows about Timed Hits!

I will buy this blindly. But I really want to see Brad Muir's game. I forgot who the other two leaders were, but I'll get them all.

I always loved watching those tour videos. You can still see all the cool things around the office and the guys in their natural habitat. =)

I loved watching that studio tour :'D

- "you look so much more 3D in real life" lol

Tasha and I have literally the EXACT SAME hair.

She's the spitting image of one of the best bosses I've ever had, who was a veteran too.

i just had a flashback to that g4 special about tim schaffer from years back.

remember, it showed crunch week for psychonauts?

1. Schafer is awesome.

2. Ironheade bus FTW!

3. The comic Tasha made a life-like clone of herself! Genius!

4. Holy crap, Zack is tall! He's almost bigger than the doorway! Err...that was Zack at 1:13 of the first vid, right?

5. There is just so few decent old school RPGs on the Xbox, that I may just get CQ because of that despite it being primarily meant for kids and that i'm more of a RPG nerd than anything. :red:

6. Now I am a bit confused though on the MMO aspect of CQ, considering from all the clips and trailers there seems to be a bunch of scenes in the game.

7. AAAAHHHHH!!! TWILIGHT! [dies]

Well it revolves around trick or treating, which really only kids and young teens do for one thing.

The playable characters are little kids.

It has cute cartoon-ish graphics and little adorable chibi characters.

There is very limited gore and violence and I doubt theres swearing in it.

Tasha even said she came up with the idea when she was a kid herself.

Gore and Violence =\= game for adults. Just adult themes. Also since when is something whimsical taboo for older people, I still play Pokemon and hell even Psychonauts had cartoony graphics.

I never said adults couldn't play it, I just meant that the appeal focuses more on the young kid demographic.

I never said adults couldn't play it, I just meant that the appeal focuses more on the young kid demographic.

Does that mean that The Secret of Monkey Island focused more on the pirate demographic?

Does that mean that The Secret of Monkey Island focused more on the pirate demographic?

If that's the case, I think we need to start throwing everyone who played GTA in jail. I'm truly terrified now know that there are that many homicidal maniacs running around. Wait a minute....*looks at gaming shelf and sees GTA4* Noooooo!

I love that they're passing around Halloween Candy, bring a tear of joy to my eye.

The more I see that badass unicorn, the more I want to have it in my party. Damn, leave it Double Fine to make me want to battle with a rainbow unicorn.

If that's the case, I think we need to start throwing everyone who played GTA in jail. I'm truly terrified now know that there are that many homicidal maniacs running around. Wait a minute....*looks at gaming shelf and sees GTA4* Noooooo!

I love that they're passing around Halloween Candy, bring a tear of joy to my eye.

The more I see that badass unicorn, the more I want to have it in my party. Damn, leave it Double Fine to make me want to battle with a rainbow unicorn.

Tasha Harris seems adamant that the philosophy for the appeal of this game is that of Pixar's: Appealing to children but intelligent enough for adults. Appealing to both at the same time. She doesn't really use "hardcore and casual."

Well it revolves around trick or treating, which really only kids and young teens do for one thing.

>_> I still trick or treat, and I'm in college. Probably wont stop until i get to that creepy age, and then I hope I will have kids by that time so I can continue trick or treating without feeling weird.

4. Holy crap, Zack is tall! He's almost bigger than the doorway! Err...that was Zack at 1:13 of the first vid, right?

That's not me. That's Greg -- Alan, the VP of PD and I share him as our get-things-done guy. Greg is about 2 inches taller than me. I'm 6'6" and he's about 6'8" and a bit. When Alan, who is about 6'3" is with us, it's pretty funny.

Tall people unite!

I'm huge!

Amazing stuff,Thanks so much for this!This is very useful post for me. This will absolutely going to help me in my projects .

That's not me. That's Greg -- Alan, the VP of PD and I share him as our get-things-done guy. Greg is about 2 inches taller than me. I'm 6'6" and he's about 6'8" and a bit. When Alan, who is about 6'3" is with us, it's pretty funny.

Tall people unite!

I'm huge!

6'8''?! Finally someone taller than me! Just out of curiosity, what size shoe do you wear?