Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tutankhgeek

The Thread for Weird Japanese Stuff

The Japanese are kinda weird. I don't know why. I love it! So here's a thread to list stuff you've seen.

Found this in a thrift shop a while ago. Anyone know what it's about? (Besides milk?)

I was looking at the Stout Ice Cream. I love stout, and although it is supposed to be drunk warm (expecting a cold beer in the UK is a sure sign of a Yank tourist), sweet, creamy cold stout ice cream has my mouth watering. It would be like coffee ice cream, only better.

Why isn't this thread just called "The thread for Japanese Stuff" I'm pretty sure saying the words Japanese Stuff guarantees its going to be weird. Also I would hate drinking beer in Europe, as I can't stand drinks that aren't ice cold, not even Hot Chocolate I hate them all.

The Japanese are kinda weird. I don't know why. I love it! So here's a thread to list stuff you've seen.

Found this in a thrift shop a while ago. Anyone know what it's about? (Besides milk?)

By the way, it's about cows.

Nothing too unusual.

Why isn't this thread just called "The thread for Japanese Stuff" I'm pretty sure saying the words Japanese Stuff guarantees its going to be weird. Also I would hate drinking beer in Europe, as I can't stand drinks that aren't ice cold, not even Hot Chocolate I hate them all.

That's a shame. Practically all I drink is coffee. Chocolate milk or juice or beer or wine on occasion, but mainly (and mainlined) coffee. The only other coffee hound I recall in recent memory is Capt. Janeway from Voyager.

How about a list of things about us that the Japanese think are weird, such as leaving our shoes on in the house, and not honoring our ancestors? Do you realize that most societies on this planet outside of European lineage think that cheese and yogurt are abominable? Why would anyone in their right mind consume spoiled milk, no matter how dandied up it is? Or why we wouldn't think of eating spiders. Or why we make pets out of perfectly good meat animals. If you think others are weird, guaranteed there are others who would say the same about you.

WHABAM. FLCL has to be THE weirdest anime in the history of ever.

Quite possibly. I'd also recommend Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai for similar weirdness, Texhnolyze and Elfen Lied for skin crawling weirdness, and my personal favorite Serial Experiments:Lain for brain itching weirdness.

Two words: Dead Leaves. Done by the same studio that did FLCL, but easily 10 times more messed up. THERE'S A GUY. WITH A DRILL. FOR A DONG. AND WHAT HE DOES WITH IT. WITH THIS ONE DUDE. IS JUST... yeah I wouldn't recommend it unless you want your brain to explode 8U

Also another two words: Cat Soup. Super surreal, but I love it. Yeah it broke my brain the first time I watched it, but after the 5th time I finally understood it. Also aparently the woman that created it committed suicide. Yeah you can tell by that it's a pretty wtf movie.

HA! you think FLCL is the weirdest anime ever? You obviously have not seen Excel Saga or Puni Puni Poemi...

Puni Puni Poemi:

...not really safe for work =/

I think the weirdest (and most destructive) thing about the Japanese is their disregard and refusal to understand that there are a limited amount of some resources in the world. Namely whales.

Also Sumo Wrestling.

And their eyes. All slanty and shit.

By the way, it's about cows.

Nothing too unusual.

Thanks.

Um, could you give me a more exact translation?

Oh, right, sorry.

Front: (no idea what the package says)

Moo moo cow farm(?)

I can't exactly read the back...

Sign in to follow this