Double Fine Action Forums

God I am still in love with that episode where Dexter gets transfered to japan, and goes out with whole out monster battle. And you hear the awesome tune, "GO DEXTERS FAMILY GO."

Dizzying Doubles of Dexter. Confusing all the poor souls looking to find their fandom soul mate out on cyberspace. "Do you like Dexter's Laboratory? I like Dexter's Laboratory, let's be friends!" I'm sorry dear Dexter fans. This Dexter's lab performs different experiments then shrink rays and time travel. And I've no Dee Dee to bother me while I work. Though sometimes Darling Deborah can get very vexing.

What is this madness? And why is everyone so insistent on defiling my childhood! D:>

god i hate dexter (the show about the killer) im sorry but he's just to emo for me. plus i had to do a research paper on killers and dexter is 110% not a killer. no matter how much they try and do it dexter will always be a hero.

Why are you posting here then? I mean I respect your right to express your opinion but do you have to rain on our bloody parade to do it?

Dexter isn't emo. He hasn't any emotions at all (at least that's what he likes to pretend) and yeah he is a hero, if he were just some psycho who went around just killing people because it made him feel good then it would be really hard to sympathize with him as a protagonist. I'm not sure how he's not a killer though, considering he kills people.

ya but thats the thing, he keeps pretending he doesnt have feelings when he really does. and they keep selling the show off as he's some dark crazy killer that will murder whole familys the moment he sees a knife.

i guess i should have said that i hate dexter as the character and not so much the show. in all i think the show is pretty good (oh boy that end of season 4!!!!) but thats the thing though, after 4 seasons of him going "IM A MONSTER! I KILL PEOPLE! I HAVE NO FEELINGS!!!" gets boring, and it gets worse with the fact that even when he get married, has a kid, and admits he loves Rita he still goes "MONSTER MUST BE FED! I MUST KILL!" when we all know he really doesnt.

they also killed off the black guy and his brother after 2 season and they could have done a lot more with that.

And Katez stop it, nobody is defiling your anything.

Wait, what? So this is unrelated?

Sorry aboot that then.

My "thing" about Dexter's Lab is that, well, it's one of only two cartoons I ever watched when I was little. I've watched about 30 minutes of actual broadcasting tv in my entire life, I think. The stuff that I did watch my parents recorded on VHS, which means it was probably worth watching. The only cartoons included in that were the Powerpuff Girls and Dexter's Lab. Thus I have an incredibly high sense of nostalgia for those two series, which would, I think, have been diluted if I had watched any others. Not saying I'm glad I didn't watch any others, just that that's why I always feel like my childhood is being punched in the face when I find, for example, crappy fanart of "older" PPG on deviantART. Which there is a lot of. It pretty much involves making them taller and giving them ladylike figures. Let's stop talking about this.

...I think the reason my parents never minded watching those in particular with me was because the creators slip in so much stuff that younger people just miss completely.

I'm with Daniel-San. Somebody make a weekly shark documentary narrated by Michael C. Hall.

My favorite one definitely the Disney Channel concept. If nothing else but for the Tagline: "Sometimes The Only Thing That Needs Murdering... Is Loneliness."

Thanks for the link Katez. I don't visit Cracked anymore so I wouldn't have stumbled across that.

Sign in to follow this