Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
psychonautsfreak

psychonauts 2 ?

double fine needs to make a psychonauts 2, i love that game so much i have beet it 7 times. please make a second one!!! pleaseeeeeeee!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOUBLE FINE!!

If there's one good thing about every new member that comes here and posts "PLZ PLZ PLZZZZZ MAKE PSYCHONAUTS 2 I WANT IT", it's that Psychonauts proves that our minds are indeed all intertwined with one another, causing us to experience similar, recurring thoughts such as a sequel

On a more serious note, Tim said he'd like to make a sequel, given someone handed over several million dollars that was burning a hole in their pocket. And unless you are that person whose pocket is experiencing a hole being burnt into it as a result of millions of dollar notes causing intense friction within, then I wouldn't hope too hard, broski.

They just need to get a publisher thats interested, I hope they are constantly pitching a sequel to psychonauts to many different publishers

They just need to get a publisher thats interested, I hope they are constantly pitching a sequel to psychonauts to many different publishers

Uh...

I think they need to come up with an actual GAME idea first and some proof.

And besides, it's nearly impossible to follow up something so epic with something just as good if not better. Just look at most book series.

But if DF can do it, hell, the sky's the limit. They could remake Superman 64 and have it the most critically acclaimed game on earth (or, you know, they could just make a satrical version).

I really don't doubt DF's abilities on ANYTHING. But I feel that if they DO follow up with something and we don't like it, it will be completely our fault. Double Fine pours their heart, soul, guts, and mixed bodily fluids into their work, with maybe just a pinch of [del]LSD[/del] magic to make whatever they do the best they can possibly make(or so I think). The problem would be that they would release it, we would go nuts and look at all the spoilers and leaks as possible, and expect it to be amazing.

Then we'd get it, and it wouldn't be quite as epic. Why? Because during that breif period of excitement, we set our expectations unreachably high. How do I know this? It's what happened with me and Pokemon Pearl. Since then, I've kind of limited myself not to looking at every little shred of information that came along, but just to check Serebii and see any new information or features that the new Pokemon game will have, but not all of it. It's that simple.

TL;DR, Double Fine isn't going to make any sequels.

Uh...

And besides, it's nearly impossible to follow up something so epic with something just as good if not better. Just look at most book series.

But if DF can do it, hell, the sky's the limit. They could remake Superman 64 and have it the most critically acclaimed game on earth (or, you know, they could just make a satrical version).

I really don't doubt DF's abilities on ANYTHING. But I feel that if they DO follow up with something and we don't like it, it will be completely our fault. Double Fine pours their heart, soul, guts, and mixed bodily fluids into their work, with maybe just a pinch of [del]LSD[/del] magic to make whatever they do the best they can possibly make(or so I think). The problem would be that they would release it, we would go nuts and look at all the spoilers and leaks as possible, and expect it to be amazing.

Then we'd get it, and it wouldn't be quite as epic. Why? Because during that breif period of excitement, we set our expectations unreachably high. How do I know this? It's what happened with me and Pokemon Pearl. Since then, I've kind of limited myself not to looking at every little shred of information that came along, but just to check Serebii and see any new information or features that the new Pokemon game will have, but not all of it. It's that simple.

:down:

Uh...

Umm, Brutal Legend 2 was going to actually happen, the sells of the first game stopped it from happening

On a more serious note, Tim said he'd like to make a sequel, given someone handed over several million dollars that was burning a hole in their pocket. And unless you are that person whose pocket is experiencing a hole being burnt into it as a result of millions of dollar notes causing intense friction within, then I wouldn't hope too hard, broski.

I think psychonauts fans should put their money where their mouths are. This is just crazy talk but I'de honestly help fund tim in making P2.

Double fine should make another Psychonauts. How about a remake for other systems? PSP, wii, ps3. Personally I'd like it on the psp.

hmm... you were able to gather I'm "legit" from a single post. Seems to me your either too eager to trust other people on the internet, or, more likely, you're hoping I'm too eager to trust other people on the internet. I've seen phishing before, but not on a developers' forum. I don't mean to jump to conclusions, but if your favor concerns me living an a country your not in, I've got to assume your after more than just a "favor".

Besides, quite changing the topic. Double-Fine should explore more of the psychonauts universe and make another game.

hmm... you were able to gather I'm "legit" from a single post. Seems to me your either too eager to trust other people on the internet, or, more likely, you're hoping I'm too eager to trust other people on the internet. I've seen phishing before, but not on a developers' forum. I don't mean to jump to conclusions, but if your favor concerns me living an a country your not in, I've got to assume your after more than just a "favor".

Besides, quite changing the topic. Double-Fine should explore more of the psychonauts universe and make another game.

yes..I am very confused as well as phishers do not usually have that many posts..anyways

Psychonauts sold like a beast on steam. I would buy psychonauts 2 day 1..as long as it where on the PC.

I feel schafer should take the gambit and make psychonauts 2 with or without money >: )

Welcome to the DFAF, topic-changing is law here and you should never question that. Ever. Action Shark will eat the rebel out of you!

Also DAD TAX isn't a phisher. Somewhat trollish at first glance, but not a phisher.

Psychonauts is a platform video game created by Tim Schafer, developed by Double Fine Productions and published by Majesco. The game was released on April 19, 2005, for the Xbox, April 26 for Microsoft Windows and June 21st for PlayStation 2. It was released on Steam on Oct 11, 2006, as an "Xbox Original" through Xbox Live Marketplace, and on the GameTap subscription service.

Well, well, well, looks like we have a Wiki-quoting spammer in our midst.

That's a new one.

Sign in to follow this