Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Carl

Cool things you own

^^^ Not. Even. Going. To. Go. There. ^^^

My computer table is a shrine. Guarding it, I have: Bastet in soapstone adorned with mother-of-pearl heart beads and a pink stone heart (gifts, all), a catwoman action figure, an original Beast Wars Rhinox, Guardian Bob from ReBoot, a wind-up walking Y2K bug, a little red plastic chicken as old as I am that laid little eggs when you pressed her down but all the eggs are gone [sad], a Blurp Ball cat named Puff Ball, a small stone gargoyle with wings, a transparent red plastic Hoi Toi (Buddha), Frisket the dog from ReBoot, a Swann swan-shaped pencil sharpener from Germany, a Woody from Toy Story bobble head from a cereal box still in the plastic bag, a Dilbert shaped yellow highlighter pen still in the blister pack, a green plastic letter opener in the shape of a Navajo Thunderbird, a little teddy bear on top of the extension lamp, plush Foamy the Squirrel and Pill-Z the Squirrel, and a foot tall Godzilla. I think my computer is safe from intrusion from any parties human, animal, mystical, other worldly, other dimensional, or cartoon like.

computer_guardians_by_gridsleep-d2zamwc.jpg

godzilla_guarding_by_gridsleep-d2zamxx.jpg

And I forgot about the little blue plastic hippopotamus squeezy phone trinket and squeezy eyeball, each of which I just found on the sidewalk on different occasions. The hippo I found outside of a temp agency, and the eyeball I found in the parking lot of the Dept. of Labor. Since then the goo stuff inside that is suppose to *blurk* out and back in when you squeeze them has actually grown probably due to absorbing moisture and/or oxygen, the hippo's eyes are now long white toothpaste like cylinders curled over his nose, and the eyeball's red stuff is just expanding outward through the pupil and the hole at the bottom. icky.

Dammit, gridsleep, the sheer amount of cool stuff you have is going to drive everyone and their potential modestly-cool stuff away. And I still want pictures.

While I'm here, I'll add one more thing to my small collection of cool stuff:

A Buzz Lightyear toy, just like the one from the movie, motion sensor laser and everything. It's pretty old, and I'm surprised even half the functions work. It's had alot of falls from playing with it in my childhood, but otherwise it's in pretty good condition.

HMM lets see i have brutal legend,an xbox 360,flat screen TV, let me think thats about it ,all that completes my life...

That's cool bro, but I was thinking more like novel trinkets and tidbits of bygone ages. I'm pretty sure alot of people here have the same rig.

Dammit, gridsleep, the sheer amount of cool stuff you have is going to drive everyone and their potential modestly-cool stuff away. And I still want pictures.

Photos have been added to "computer guardians."

Think of it this way: most of you have thirty to forty years to catch up with me. I envy all the time you have, and the adventures that wait for you. Never forget: fun is the priority.

a rocket ship I found in my mom's room and when I flip a switch it starts the engines and lifts off.
do you live in alaska?

No, but I have heard there is a mythical beast there known only as Sarah Palin.

a rocket ship I found in my mom's room and when I flip a switch it starts the engines and lifts off.
do you live in alaska?

No, but I have heard there is a mythical beast there known only as Sarah Palin.

tikara lives there! ask her about it i bet ya she'll know!

I distinctly remember someone asking that exact question a long time ago. I guess it's true, everything has been done. From here on in, the universe is on REPEAT.

PS--Since it's over 80 miles from Alaska to Siberia, and the horizon on the ocean is 24 miles (from an altitude of the average eyeball,) no you cannot see Russia from Alaska.

Now that I remember, you mentioned having a somewhat large collection of unique hats, Katez. Think you could get a couple of pictures of them and contribute to the thread?

Sign in to follow this