Sign in to follow this  
kgoodies

Zaireeka, an experimental album

way back in 1997, the magnificent band, The Flaming Lips released an album named Zaireeka.

it came on 4 discs, each with 8 songs of the same names. They were designed to be listened to all at once.

on 4 separate stereos.

I finally bout the box set and got a few of my buddies to bring their stereos over, and we listened to it.

it.

blew.

my.

mind.

I HIGHLY recommend you all go try this, if you are a fan of the more avant-garde stuff this will go right up your ally.

this sounds both really stupid and really cool

a perfect world is a little of both

File that with watching The Wizard Of OZ while listening to The Dark Side Of The Moon.

File that with watching The Wizard Of OZ while listening to The Dark Side Of The Moon.

but this one's real, y'all. the instructions are in the little booklet that comes with the album.

I didn't mean to imply it was fake. I just meant it was in that group of rare really alternative media experiences. Like canoing while listening to Ravi Shankar.

I didn't mean to imply it was fake. I just meant it was in that group of rare really alternative media experiences. Like canoing while listening to Ravi Shankar.

That sounds like a much more pleasant alternative to any of the above. Since the above are proboably on youtube all put together so you can experience it without the work.

Hmmm, I think I'll canoe and listen to Ravi Shankr this Saturday. My kayaks and whaler are already put away for the winter, so the canoe is the only boat left out...

Come to think, if you have quad sound on your computer, it could probably be rigged to play Zaireeka with each album playing to one speaker, like if you used four copies of MediaPlayer Classic, each set to use only one particular speaker. Might be able to do it with four separate Winamps, too, but I haven't looked into that. Rip the CDs so you don't have to have four separate CD players. It could be done.