• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
xMikeyx1026

UMMM...

I'm trying to like this game but I just can't seem to do it. I've looked at some videos on it and it looks like a real bad game I don't mean to be a buttface, but who will be buying this I might skip this one and wait for the next one.

Seriously dude, you need to play some retro games, with your above comment I can tell your one of those "all games before ps2 sux lolzzors I is teh l33test"

Seriously dude, you need to play some retro games, with your above comment I can tell your one of those "all games before ps2 sux lolzzors I is teh l33test"

No I got into games when the best game was gauntlet legends great game, just don't see how this game could be good. My favorite game of all time is still and will always be conkers bad fur day and star fox. I don't see me a grown man enjoying a game for a 12 year old kid getting candy Idk how the lead animator for brutal legend came up with this idea.

I can totally see the basis behind this. (No I can't)

Retro games. That brings me back. The first real computer game I ever played was Trek on a teletype printer with green bar paper. Each screen refresh was a new sheet buzzing-clacking out the top. All asterisks and zeros, hacks, slashes, dashes and vertical bars, with E for Enterprise and K for Klingon. Those were the days. You had to use your imagination. Arm photon torpedoes! Forward shields to 80%! Ready Warp 3 for coordinates 9,17! I really miss that.

He doesn't like the game, so you guys immediately assume he is a Modern Warfare 2, every-year-Madden guy. Wtf.

You don't have to like every game DF makes, y'know. That's your own personal opinion. Tim's a legend and DF is a great company, which is saying alot considering they only have 2 titles out, but that doesn't mean every game they're going to make is going to be a good game.

Still, CQ still has about a month before release and we haven't seen a whole lot yet. Best to just sit back and see how it turns out. Even if it does blow, theres 3 other games in the works.

You don't have to like every game DF makes, y'know. That's your own personal opinion. Tim's a legend and DF is a great company, which is saying alot considering they only have 2 titles out, but that doesn't mean every game they're going to make is going to be a good game.

Still, CQ still has about a month before release and we haven't seen a whole lot yet. Best to just sit back and see how it turns out. Even if it does blow, theres 3 other games in the works.

If I could be the monster attacking you that would be fun and the monsters should be bullies dressed up as goblins and trolls and stuff. I'm still going to buy it though to help support the double fine team out.

He doesn't like the game, so you guys immediately assume he is a Modern Warfare 2, every-year-Madden guy. Wtf.

It's just cause he said that it wasn't going to be good. Its fine if he doesn't like it but pretty much saying its going to suck before you play it or it even comes out is a douchey thing to do.

No I got into games when the best game was gauntlet legends great game, just don't see how this game could be good. My favorite game of all time is still and will always be conkers bad fur day and star fox. I don't see me a grown man enjoying a game for a 12 year old kid getting candy Idk how the lead animator for brutal legend came up with this idea.

You write like a twelve year old. No reason I can see that your tastes shouldn't be similar.

How appropriate. You write like a cow.

You write like a twelve year old. No reason I can see that your tastes shouldn't be similar.

and well you are a doo doo head.

also it seems like anyone with an outside opinion you guys chase off like he is a witch or a big scary monster. I don't like the way this game looks I think this could be a lot better but like every other company they are rushing it to make due date. I think the due date should be like blizzards where it is released when it is done so stop asking. I am still going to buy this game because hopefully that will give tim the money to make brutal legend 2.

Hey woah, slow down there. CQ isn't being rushed, it's just a considerably smaller project, and therefore is taking less time to complete. And you have to remember DF doesn't self-publish like Blizzard or Valve does, they're on their publisher's terms which means if there's a certain deadline to meet, it has to be met.

Hey woah, slow down there. CQ isn't being rushed, it's just a considerably smaller project, and therefore is taking less time to complete. And you have to remember DF doesn't self-publish like Blizzard or Valve does, they're on their publisher's terms which means if there's a certain deadline to meet, it has to be met.

thats how I think every game should be forget due dates let them work on it till it is finished so another brutal legend does not happen.

Well then wait till it comes out to find out?

And it isn't exactly intended for adults, you know.

It's intended for everyone who likes to play games. Children, adults... and even clowns.

Sorry, what I meant is that it isn't directly aimed at adults. He was comparing it to Brutal Legend, as if all games by DF are supposed to be as adult as that to be entertaining. :)

thats how I think every game should be forget due dates let them work on it till it is finished so another brutal legend does not happen.

I laughed out loud at this.

Sorry, what I meant is that it isn't directly aimed at adults. He was comparing it to Brutal Legend, as if all games by DF are supposed to be as adult as that to be entertaining. :)

sorry wrong again I said the lead animator who did brutal legend did this no comparison.

Read the second part of that sentence. This is what you are implying. It's fine if you don't think you'll enjoy this game, but It hasn't even come out yet, and while it'll surely be playable and enjoyable by adults, it's not aimed at them. You didn't need to make a thread about how you won't be buying this game, since it just "looks bad".