Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PsycoHollywood

Is there going to be any extreme metal bands?

There will probably be a place for that sort of music, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't parodied. There are a lot of people that consider things like "Dying Fetus" and other morbidly named bands to be more of a joke (no offense to your musical preferences) but most of the music does sound the same and it's just yelling in a rough voice with dudes playing power chordes REALLY loud in the back. It'll be in there somewhere but I think the reaper character is the one based off of people who like that sort of music and not the more classic metal.

There will probably be a place for that sort of music, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't parodied. There are a lot of people that consider things like "Dying Fetus" and other morbidly named bands to be more of a joke (no offense to your musical preferences) but most of the music does sound the same and it's just yelling in a rough voice with dudes playing power chordes REALLY loud in the back. It'll be in there somewhere but I think the reaper character is the one based off of people who like that sort of music and not the more classic metal.
bands can growl and have musical talents. i would challenge anybody (even overated herman li) to take on muhamad scuimez from necrophagist in a guitar battle anyday.

(Hypothetical situation alert.)

(Kid to Mom.)

Mommy, can I have Dying Fetus for Christmas?

(Girlfriend to boyfriend.)

OMG, I've wanted Dying Fetus for years, but I've never dated someone who would give me some!

(Dog to cat.)

Bark. Bark. Bark.

(Translation...Dying Fetus.)

(Hypothetical situation alert.)

(Kid to Mom.)

Mommy, can I have Dying Fetus for Christmas?

(Girlfriend to boyfriend.)

OMG, I've wanted Dying Fetus for years, but I've never dated someone who would give me some!

(Dog to cat.)

Bark. Bark. Bark.

(Translation...Dying Fetus.)

speaking of dogs dying fetus has a song called kill your mother rape your dog.

I think we all already know that most death metal names are really lame.

Slayer needs to be there. I would like to have some Black Metal bands or singers be a boss or something. Those guys put up a good show with their "evil" looks.

I think you're thinking of "death metal". it's different from heavy metal. listening to heavy metal makes you want to smash heavy metal objects through walls and appliances. death metal makes you die.

Wrong, Death Metal makes you pissed off and possibly kill people. Doom is the one that makes you wanna die.

I think you're thinking of "death metal". it's different from heavy metal. listening to heavy metal makes you want to smash heavy metal objects through walls and appliances. death metal makes you die.

Wrong, Death Metal makes you pissed off and possibly kill people. Doom is the one that makes you wanna die.

I think emo music makes people want to die the most (I don't mean to be an asshole like that, just saying).

I'd like to see a pretty good variety out of the soundtrack, and I expect a variety. As far as death metal, hammer smashed face would be awesome, some other good bands would be Behemoth, Black Dahliha, Fetus, Morbid Angel, and Suffocation. However and I think Obituary would be the best fit.

Immortal would be an awesome fit for a level or so, as would an all black metal sound track for a while. I'd love to hear some Dissection, Mayhem, Immortal, Burzum, Darkthrone and Emporer mixed in with whatever else. The only bands I would really be against would be Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth.

You also got to have some Viking Metal for part of the song, like Amon Amarth or Bathory. I think it would be a perfect fit for a while. And as far as cheesey metal, Manowar is awesome even if they are really cheesey. The last time I checked they hold the record for the loudest rock concert ever, somewhere in Germany? Their songs are all about metal, they're cheesey and over the top, but I still love them for what they are. And I'd love to hear some Dragonforce and Edguy or something in a cheesey part of the game as well as a Tenacious D song (like The Metal).

In the immortal words of Manowar, "Death to false metal!"

Whimps and posers leave the hall!

Like them or not(I personally love them), Manowar does fit this game perfectly.

Sign in to follow this