Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
captainblackhart

the intended soundtrack?

I am a huge fan of the Brutal Legend soundtrack and have every song bar cabbage boy on my ipod.

I was hoping one of you wonderful people at double fine could share the tracks that you had hoped to put in the soundtrack but couldn't get the rights to, or decided against for whatever reason?

I think they could not have done much better, other than put in some more Tainted Coil tracks. They have the most limited amount of music.

I think they could not have done much better, other than put in some more Tainted Coil tracks. They have the most limited amount of music.
Are you joking? The soundtrack was the best licensed soundtrack I've ever heard, but they had one doom song. ONE! And if I remember correctly, there were only one or two death songs. On top of that there was no Iron Maiden, who I personally hate, but they were a huge influence on metal.

They had dragonforce and motley crue but the rest of it was GREAT. could have been some metallica but Lars is an ass so that would never happen.

They had dragonforce and motley crue but the rest of it was GREAT. could have been some metallica but Lars is an ass so that would never happen.
LMFAO

i know.... stupid lars!

although im pretty sure the no Metallica thing had something to do with Activision.

LMFAO

i know.... stupid lars!

although im pretty sure the no Metallica thing had something to do with Activision.

They had megadeth in there, for this. Metallica could not be in there.

They should have taken out Marylin Manson and Deathstars, for the fact that they have absolutely nothing to do with metal.

Should've had more Black Sabbath, they should've basically had every Ozzy era Black Sabbath song in it bar the ones from those two Ozzy era Sabbath albums that were terrible. Also even though its not really metal it would've been pretty awesome if Kashmir had've been in it, I have this theory that they wanted to have Kashmir in Brutal Legend, but of course Led Zeppelin doesn't really license any of their music, so instead they had to use that ripoff of Kashmir song.

They should have taken out Marylin Manson and Deathstars, for the fact that they have absolutely nothing to do with metal.

Dethstars is sweet. Tim Curry should cover a song in a cutscene, he sounds just like Whiplasher.

Prong's song is weak as **** though.

While we wait to see if doublefine responds to my request why not suggest tracks that you think should have made it onto the soundtrack and if you have a mission in mind, even better. Arguing about what is or isn't metal makes you sound ridiculous when the soundtrack ranges from def leopard to ministry. I know haters gonna hate but there are no strict rules on this, ok?

*Spoiler below*

I'm 90% sure I read somewhere that Iron maiden's Run to the Hills was intended to play when bleeding deaths rain down on the pleasure gardens.

I'm also quite sure that had Dio been involved, Holy Diver would have played at some point in the game.

If Dio was involved for the whole thing they should have had Falling Off the Edge of the World play during the opening chase scene down the mountain of bones. Also I would have loved to see them give more credit to some prog-metal, Why wasn't Dream Theater or Symphony X on the soundtrack? They deserve to be on there as much as Maiden and Judas Priest for taking the genre in new directions. (those directions still kept the soul of metal, unlike nu-metal)

Great song but if you mean the first ride on the deuce I prefer Jesus built my hotrod by ministry. I think it has the same energy as back at the funny farm.

Other artists I think were intended are Led Zepplin, metallica and Ted Nugent (yes, seriously)

Recon they would've definately have had Maiden if they couldve afforded it.

I also wish that they had've had more Sabbath, all they had was Children of the Grave and Symptom of the Universe and Never Say Die. Children of the Grave and Symptom are good songs but Never Say Die... Well it's the worst Ozzy Sabbath Album.

Hey guys, this isn't a soundtrack discussion thread; this is a thread that revolves around this guys question (which I think should be answered).

I must say I quite enjoyed listening to Dr Feelgood in the Pleasure Gardens, I don't think I would want it anywhere else in the game, as for Dragon force, I don't like them at all!

Dethstars is sweet. Tim Curry should cover a song in a cutscene, he sounds just like Whiplasher.

Prong's song is weak as **** though.

No. Deathstars is not sweet.

I love Prong though, Broken Peace is better than Snap your fingers though...

Sign in to follow this