Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bosch

Brütal Lament

WHY is this game not on PC. WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US NON-CONSOLE GAMERS, DOUBLE FINE? WHY????

Now I'll never own this awesome, awesome game. Süre I coüld play it at a friend's hoüse, büt that's not nearly the same thing. Maybe one day, it will come to PC, and I will be able to play Brütal Legend in all its glory and brütalness.

At least I can hope.

you can get the cheap version of the 360 for $249 (I think), just mow a few lawns and BANG! Tim Schafer's next game!

That's another thing. Technically, I don't want a 360/PS3.

Quite the conundrum.

It's not a matter of trying things. Their messages are different from Nintendo's, and PCs don't really belong to any one company.

And I won't be able to buy any of my friends copies because none of us own either of those consoles.

It's not a matter of trying things. Their messages are different from Nintendo's, and PCs don't really belong to any one company.

And I won't be able to buy any of my friends copies because none of us own either of those consoles.

well if thats the case ill tell you if its good or not.

I DON'T WANT ONE OF THEIR CRAPPY CONSOLES.

PC is so much better.

oh, my gosh, I know what you mean so much. The PS3 is so expensive and has barely anything good for it, and the 360 has barely anything good on it and its cooling system sucks, resulting in satanic red rings from hell.

guys, this is more than personal preference to one console, more than a matter of money. this is about whats truly important in gaming; Tim Schafer, the single greatest mind in the industry is making what may be his greatest game ever. THE greatest game ever. you can't let anything get in the way of that. not money, not the fact that you don't think you'd like to play one single other 360 game other than Brutal Legend, not the fact that you think, and are not unjustified by thinking, that consoles are for chumps. this is more than that. this is Tim Schafer. never forget that.

(I LIVE)

Yeah...pretty pissed off this isn't going on the PC (yet) as well. The PS3 is too ridiculously overpriced (they're releasing a "cheaper"version that'll be around $400, but can't play PS2 games), and the 360...well, 90% of my friends own one so I can borrow it from them, but I'd rather own the game for myself on PC rather than buy it for myself on a system I don't personally own. (Already had that happen with Halo and that was stupid waste of money).

That's another thing. Technically, I don't want a 360/PS3.

Quite the conundrum.

Why xbox is a very fun system if you get one i will be your friend :DDD,,,,,unless you try to kill me then we have some issues

DUDE! Tim Schafer just posted! we love you mighty schafer-cow! it would be cool to have a pc version, but I think I would get it on the 360. better controls.

DUDE! Tim Schafer just posted! we love you mighty schafer-cow! it would be cool to have a pc version, but I think I would get it on the 360. better controls.

Info Cow =/= Schafer. He's got his own account he never used. Info Cow is merely Lord of the Forums (To whom we will soon dedicte our Quote Pyramid).

On topic, if there's no PC version I'll probably end up buying a PS3 just for this. Because I have more money than sense.

but I think I would get it on the 360. better controls.

Better controls? Well, maybe if you're used to the controller but I'd say all action games that require aiming are better on the PC. :) But anyway, this is great news, thanks a lot Info Cow! :-)

Hey man it's not DFs fault. It's Sierra's fault

Well, let's not point fingers at Sierra just yet.

We have a lot to be thankful for. It seems Sierra has a solid plan for advertising, when it could be argued that the lack of advertising keep Psychonauts from the big time.

Heh, it is rather early to start lamenting a game which has literally just been announced, is it not? It may appear on the PC at a later date, but as it stands- you'll just have to enjoy the hype like everyone else. Judging by the video and information provided, you would probably require a high-end PC in order to play it; time shall tell.

But it is early days, who knows what the next year shall hold. Blu-ray could cave in on itself~ taking PS3's heavy price tag with it. Bide your time. Naught shall come of agonizing over the rather scant information we have received thus far.

If anyone has a copy of the Psychonauts download sales figures- that may prevent some from abandoning all hope.

If I recall correctly, Psychonauts didn't release same as launch as teh consoles did, so maybe you will just need to wait a while longer for the PC version. Just because they haven't announced it doesn't mean it's not going to come out.

I, for one, am ready to hurl vague threats towards Double Fine until they announce a PC version.

I know where you live, Tim! Possibly!

you know what bugs me, these people who claim to be TS fans but wont even dish out $250 to play what could be his greatest game ever.

Come now, I think we all know we could buy a night with the man himself for that amount. Paying $250 just to play a DF game is a bit far fetched.

Not to be a wet towel concealing a gremlin- but there does seem to be an awful lot of emphasis on Tim while excluding the rest of the DF team. While he is a genius, (yes Tim, we do love your feet) he is by no means a one man army.

If I recall correctly, Psychonauts didn't release same as launch as teh consoles did, so maybe you will just need to wait a while longer for the PC version. Just because they haven't announced it doesn't mean it's not going to come out.

The PC version launched one week after the 360 version. It was the PS2 release which came a few months later :P

Judging by the video and information provided, you would probably require a high-end PC in order to play it; time shall tell.

The video is CGI prerendered, so that's not particularly useful as a guide to required specs. Further, most 360 titles which make it to the PC don't need that hefty a system, partly because you can usually reduce graphic settings, and also because top end PCs can whack details up to levels beyond what the 360 can manage anyways (Basically huge screen resolutions and by higher levels of AA/AF). The power of the 360 lies somewhere in between. I suspect if/when it does make it to PC, the specs will be for mid-range machines and upwards.

But as I've said before, I want to be playing it at launch regardless, so I'll probably end up getting one of the consoles. :P I can always pick up a copy for the PC at a later date.

I upgraded my PC and got a gamepad to play Psychonauts like a dream, but it'd most likely cost me far more than an X360 to make Brütal Legend play as well and look as tasty on the PC as it will on the X360. I want to play this game, so the bottom line is I hope to buy an X360. And there are some other games for it I hoped to get round to playing somehow someday, so it's not such a massive plunge for one game, which would feel bad, however excellent I'm sure it will be.

Gaming can be an expensive hobby sometimes. I guess everyone needs to cheer up and save up. Don't whine at Double Fine!

The video is CGI prerendered, so that's not particularly useful as a guide to required specs. Further, most 360 titles which make it to the PC don't need that hefty a system, partly because you can usually reduce graphic settings, and also because top end PCs can whack details up to levels beyond what the 360 can manage anyways (Basically huge screen resolutions and by higher levels of AA/AF). The power of the 360 lies somewhere in between. I suspect if/when it does make it to PC, the specs will be for mid-range machines and upwards.

But as I've said before, I want to be playing it at launch regardless, so I'll probably end up getting one of the consoles. :P I can always pick up a copy for the PC at a later date.

Heh, true enough. My PC has long since passed it so I'm left with naught but good old SCUMMVM. ;P

But consider yourself fortunate, for the most part- some of us are having to shell out for the PS3 for nay more than a few gaming escapades. ;#

I upgraded my PC and got a gamepad to play Psychonauts like a dream, but it'd most likely cost me far more than an X360 to make Brütal Legend play as well and look as tasty on the PC as it will on the X360. I want to play this game, so the bottom line is I hope to buy an X360. And there are some other games for it I hoped to get round to playing somehow someday, so it's not such a massive plunge for one game, which would feel bad, however excellent I'm sure it will be.

Gaming can be an expensive hobby sometimes. I guess everyone needs to cheer up and save up. Don't whine at Double Fine!

^ That could be a good signature for you! Good one!

And yes, computers can be self-center whores sometimes. That's te advantage of consoles. If you buy a game, you know it's going to run just as intended. So we pick our poison :D

Sign in to follow this