Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bosch

Brütal Lament

I'm getting a 360 for christmas (I cleaned my room REAL good) not just for Brütal Legend (which is next year anyway) but I wanna play Mass Effect and maybe Beautiful Katamari and Viva Pinata o_O

I'm getting a 360 for christmas (I cleaned my room REAL good) not just for Brütal Legend (which is next year anyway) but I wanna play Mass Effect and maybe Beautiful Katamari and Viva Pinata o_O

im selling all my games (including gear of war) so i can pay for rock band guitar hero 3 and put brütal legend on pre order.

I am going to by a PS3 to play Brutal Legend, even if it will also come to PC, because upgrading my PC to play next-gen games at full settings, would cost me the same as buying an whole new high-end pc.

I am going to design an Xbox 360 emulator using my heretofore unforeseen ability to program complex emulators for 'next-gen' (I.E. ...THIS gen, I mean c'mon now, next-gen is now 4-5 years away. :)) consoles. This power was bestowed upon me by the power of metal and the combined willpower of all Tim Shchafer loving goons who will not be buying a new console for his new game, much though they may desire it. This emulator will run twice as fast as the actual 360 itself and will only play legitimate copies of Brütal Legend. Why? Because stealing from Tim Schafer makes Sire Wayne Brady 'wannachokeabitch' as they say. Stealing from Microsoft/Sony is okay though, because they're classified as the devil.

Eh? What sorts of games are those?!

Everyone knows that (aside from Brutal Legend, as of late) the only reason to own a 360 is to play UNO ONLINE.

Everyone knows that (aside from Brutal Legend, as of late) the only reason to own a 360 is to play UNO ONLINE.

....and gears of war, and halo 3, and call of duty.

....and gears of war

Fixed. The other two will be or already on PC.

i'm still saving up 4 a ps3 in the UK! (meaning i get secrewed over pricewise) also, no date for the game here yet, so i'll probably end up either importing it, or it'll be like the long wait 4 psychonauts all over again (1/2 a year delayed!)

....and gears of war, and halo 3, and call of duty.

I believe all three of those are or will be on PC (I know Halo 1 and 2 are for PC, I don't see why Halo 3 wouldn't be.)

Seriously, you look at the xbox 360 exclusives... at least 50% are on PC too. =P

So... Most things for 360 are on PC, and the PS3 has near nothing, only the future prospect of MGS3 and FFXIII. As it stands now, I'm just going to buy it for PS3 and play it at my parents' house, and hopefully by the time I move out (no idea when that'll be) there'll be a PC copy. =P

Nah. Halo 1 for the PC was duller than watching paint dry, Halo 2 for the PC gets laughed at for needing DX10 and Vista, but being little more than a sloppy port of an average game. I don't actually think many people would bother buying it for the PC (The campaign isn't any better/different to previous offerings, and multiplayer wise there's plenty of better online PC shooters).

Gears of War though, out November 9 on the PC. And Call of Duty 4 is not only going to be on PC, but the PS3 as well.

As for buying a console, I'm in the UK too, so hooray for the expenses -_-. But the game's release is probably about 6-9 months off, so hopefully the PS3 might drop in price between now and then. I'd also prefer it if the game came out sometime after May, because if I bought a new console and game in the first quater it'll do even more damage to my uni work than my usual gaming habit does :P

As for buying a console, I'm in the UK too, so hooray for the expenses -_-. But the game's release is probably about 6-9 months off, so hopefully the PS3 might drop in price between now and then. I'd also prefer it if the game came out sometime after May, because if I bought a new console and game in the first quater it'll do even more damage to my uni work than my usual gaming habit does :P

We've got more of a chance of catching a Leprechaun and him giving us his hoard, than that actually happening; what's worse- we know it.

::sends a rabid child into a game store, wearing a ''lower these prices!'' t-shirt.::

We've got more of a chance of catching a Leprechaun and him giving us his hoard, than that actually happening; what's worse- we know it.

::sends a rabid child into a game store, wearing a ''lower these prices!'' t-shirt.::

Yeah, I'm letting hopeless optimism get the better of me again :P I'm just hoping the 40gb model doesn't sell that well (All it seems to have done so far is convinced everyone to buy the 60gb one before there's nothing left but the stripped down models), and they'll be forced to drop the price again.

might I question the sincerity of those who go 'i dont WANT a 360!'?.. a gamer is a gamer. I think none of us would turn one down. I dont own one yet because of various reasons, the most important of all being a) new games are scarce here, b) they're twice the price they have elsewhere in Europe. But I'd buy one as soon as I could afford it, and I prolly will for my b-day or xmas. Maybe it won't be 100% for playing BL (omg is the acronym already being used?), but the game is one of the top reasons I'm considering it. Cheers.

'

I'm sorry but BL will always be "That game where you build stuff" to me.

Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.

might I question the sincerity of those who go 'i dont WANT a 360!'?.. a gamer is a gamer. I think none of us would turn one down. I dont own one yet because of various reasons, the most important of all being a) new games are scarce here, b) they're twice the price they have elsewhere in Europe. But I'd buy one as soon as I could afford it, and I prolly will for my b-day or xmas. Maybe it won't be 100% for playing BL (omg is the acronym already being used?), but the game is one of the top reasons I'm considering it. Cheers.

'

If you were giving it away, sure, I'd take one. But since so many of its titles end up on the PC anyway I see no point in buying one, if I have ot get a console for this I'd rather go for one with more titles on it that I might not otherwise get to play.

Seriously there is nothing new about consoles; if anything they are a dying breed, since the trend is going towards making the consoles function more and more like PCs (ie internet, keyboards, mice, webcams, webchat). Now the consoles resemble chopped PCs more than they do consoles.

I doubt I'll ever waste my time with one ever again unless they just stop making PC games. Though I won't count Brütal Legend out just yet, because I've noticed that companies tend to announce PC versions way later than console versions. Maybe because the console companies pay them to do that to draw more attention to their machines?

It's not a matter of trying things. Their messages are different from Nintendo's, and PCs don't really belong to any one company.

And I won't be able to buy any of my friends copies because none of us own either of those consoles.

How is their message different from Nintendo's? I'm tired of people thinking Nintendo is somehow different from Sony and MS. Nintendo is in this for the money. They don't care about you. The fact they released such underpowered hardware and is selling it for 250 proves this.

You got that right. The primary goal of any business is to earn money, most don't actually don't give a damn about the customer. Of course they'll pretend to, but just to take your money. The Wii was a good move, Nintendo is earning tons of money off it due to the whole "Fun for the whole family", easily accessible bit...they didn't make it underpowered because of "revolutionary gameplay advances", they were just trying to recoup losses from terrible sales of the GCN. But Wii ended up wildly successful... Hopefully with all that revenue the next-gen Nintendo console might actually be next-gen. Sorry to be a downer, but it's really only a product model, they're just in it for the money like everyone else.

You got that right. The primary goal of any business is to earn money, most don’t actually don’t give a damn about the customer. Of course they’ll pretend to, but just to take your money. The Wii was a good move, Nintendo is earning tons of money off it due to the whole “Fun for the whole family”, easily accessible bit...they didn’t make it underpowered because of “revolutionary gameplay advances”, they were just trying to recoup losses from terrible sales of the GCN. But Wii ended up wildly successful… Hopefully with all that revenue the next-gen Nintendo console might actually be next-gen. Sorry to be a downer, but it’s really only a product model, they’re just in it for the money like everyone else.

Iwata and Miyamoto have a new saying...

It Prints Money!

But of course that's what they want... What do you expect?

We just have to argue/debate that perhaps there are plenty of people who might be interested in Purchasing the Excellent game Psychonauts / Brütal Legend who have a Wii.

I edited that post. It sounded dumb so I modified it a lot. Just a heads up. :)

Ah thank god that I can avoid this conundrum this time around. But a long time ago in a galaxy only slightly younger then this one I purchased the Excellent Game Psychonuats for the PC. I read the game manual cover to cover over and over on the way home. I was hopping in my seat with excitement as it installed on our brand new PC. I became more happy still as I launched the good game for the first time and... Error: your video card can not display this game blah blah blah...

NOOOOOO!

It took about six months but I got an Xbox and another copy of Psychonuats and suddenly life was good. This time I have no worries for my 360 waits patiently in my room for the moment that Brutal Legend touches it gently on its disc drive.

So been there with you guys, but not this time.

I'm not saying Nintendo isn't in it for the money, I'm just saying their message is more like "gameplay over graphics" or "let's get some newbs into gaming". And I agree with that. It's like why I bought the Orange Box instead of Call of Duty 3948023471893. I don't want same-old-same-old with shinier graphics. I want something actually made well. Half Life 2 just happens to look nice as well. =P

But 'ey, Team Fortress 2 isn't mega-realistic, so that must have meant the game designers are too lazy to spend the time on making something realistic.

But in all honesty, I think it makes it a hundred times more appealing that it looks different from everything else.

I'm not saying Nintendo isn't in it for the money, I'm just saying their message is more like "gameplay over graphics" or "let's get some newbs into gaming". And I agree with that. It's like why I bought the Orange Box instead of Call of Duty 3948023471893. I don't want same-old-same-old with shinier graphics. I want something actually made well. Half Life 2 just happens to look nice as well. =P

But 'ey, Team Fortress 2 isn't mega-realistic, so that must have meant the game designers are too lazy to spend the time on making something realistic.

But in all honesty, I think it makes it a hundred times more appealing that it looks different from everything else.

Eric Worpaul (might be misspelled), who did the writing for psychonauts with Tim Schafer did the writing for portal, which is in the orange box. just fyi. you probably already knew that.

Eric Worpaul (might be misspelled), who did the writing for psychonauts with Tim Schafer did the writing for portal, which is in the orange box. just fyi. you probably already knew that.

What? Really?! Boss.

No wonder Portal's sense of humor is so packed with awesome. I am pleased to hear this.

Really? That seems odd for some reason.

I'd agree here. I've been enjoying some of the VC games I'd never played before now easily as much as some of the new games out now. And Phantom Hourglass is one of the best Zelda games ever, and it's on the DS.

I'd point out though that CoD 4 was a bad example, seeing as how it is pretty much a complete re-imagining of the series :P. Halo 3 would have been a much better example. It's identical to the previous 2.

Sign in to follow this