• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  

release date and price

Awesome. I'm curious though...is there going to be a demo? I know a few people who probably would dig it, but would want to try it first.

Awesome. I'm curious though...is there going to be a demo? I know a few people who probably would dig it, but would want to try it first.

Every game on the XBLA must have a demo in order to be released. And yes, the PSN version as well will have a demo the day it's released so try away. You guys are going to love this one!

YES AWESOME my bf will be up here 14th-24th so we will have stuff to nerd out about while he's here :3c GONNA BE AWESOME MANG

YES AWESOME my bf will be up here 14th-24th so we will have stuff to nerd out about while he's here :3c GONNA BE AWESOME MANG

What? I don't remember saying I would come visit you.

Will this be delayed on 360 for Games Feast like Scott Pilgrim was for Winter of Arcade (Summer of Arcade for you northern hemisphere types)?

Rainbow Despair is concerned about the difficulty. He says it looks like a dumbed down Rainslick Precipice of Darkness. Well the game is aimed at kids...I beat SMRPG when I was 11, and I didn't know how to read the character stats.

Also, he is sad because he's the creator of "Cthulu Saves The World" and he's gonna delay it because of this game.

15$ seems to be a little pricey, especially when most people are only going to play it for one day (I'll play it for weeks)

man it suck for the game be 1200msp, sure be the same price as dead rising case zero for 400msp

It's gonna be a long game, I bet. WAY longer than Limbo. This conversation happens every time a game is 1200. What about Deathspank? How long was that?

man it suck for the game be 1200msp, sure be the same price as dead rising case zero for 400msp

It's gonna be a long game, I bet. WAY longer than Limbo. This conversation happens every time a game is 1200. What about Deathspank? How long was that?

when this comes out you want to co-op cantido?

October 20th is the Xbox Live Arcade date. The PSN version will be released on 10/19 and include a full demo!!!

I think it's a good idea that it's being released on the 19th/20th, because then people can play it before Halloween hits. Also, since I don't trick-or-treat anymore, I'm going to spend the entire Halloween night playing it! :)

I've played the demo of Rainslick Precipice of Doom and it was 90% running around like ferrets collecting boxes and turn based button (yawn) mashing, won't be ponying up cash for that one any time this century.

Double Fine QA you are da -- person. Whichever you are. Thanks for all the timely info. You read us. You respond. You care. I'm touched. < sniff > Just go on without me. I'll be fine. I'll be double fine. <baawwwwwww-wuh-wuh-wuh...>

MetalGearChick, I love your avatar, love that b&w linework stuff and the kawaii big eyes. Is that Meredith Gran artwork? The artist who does Octopus Pie? Or Aaron Diaz, a la Dresden Codak? Or neither?

MetalGearChick, I love your avatar, love that b&w linework stuff and the kawaii big eyes. Is that Meredith Gran artwork? The artist who does Octopus Pie? Or Aaron Diaz, a la Dresden Codak? Or neither?

It's the comic book character Scott Pilgrim. The artist is Bryan Lee O'Malley. The pic was taken from Vol. 4.

It's the comic book character Scott Pilgrim. The artist is Bryan Lee O'Malley. The pic was taken from Vol. 4.

Amazing movie and comic book. The comic book has a good growing up story to it too.

Already people are complaining it's an RPG and Tim Schafer's only allowed to make platformers! Called Psychonauts!

Nevermind Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, and Brutal Legend...

Sorry but I'll be busy playing fallout new vegas

As much as I love Double Fine... I'm going to agree with you, partially. I really want to play Costume Quest but I think that I'm going to end up devoting all my time to Fallout: New Vegas. I really wish Costume Quest would have come out either later or sooner because I really hate choosing between the two of them. :(

Already people are complaining it's an RPG and Tim Schafer's only allowed to make platformers! Called Psychonauts!

Nevermind Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2, Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, and Brutal Legend...

Ah, people just complain about every single little thing, because that's how people are these days. "ZOMG IT'S AN RTS GAME!" "ZOMG IT'S AN RPG!" "ZOMG IT'S NOT ON PC! SCHAFER BETRAYED US!" Just ignore them.

Also, Maniac Mansion isn't technically a Tim Schafer game. He only worked on a small small portion of the NES version, and only the NES version.

You and me both, buddy. Hell, I don't even have any of the systems to play it on yet.

I wanted to make sure my PS/3 was running for CQ. There were cobwebs on the controller and I hadn't used it since I changed my wireless router for a wideband modem. Also had to do the pesky update that some people aren't liking because it puts the kybosh on some sort of Linux fiddling. But, it's working.

I had not realized so many people are obsessed with Sackboy, or that so many companies had been licensed to feed that sick, twisted hunger. Nor that Sackboy is as big a cross-dresser as Bugs Bunny. He has a Storm costume, and a Mystique costume (not the naked one,) an Invisible Girl costume, and all three women from The Incredibles. I can see a lot of Sackboys running around as Edna Mode growling drolly "No capes!" and "My God! You've gotten fat..."

And I still say CQ's Reynold looks just like Chum Chum. Yeah, I know, it's a coinkydink.

Oh, and joy. I have to work on Halloween, too. I won't be home when the few brats that still come around do so, since I work until midnight. But, I will be home for Goosey Night, so I have to get the remote miniguns oiled up and zeroed, and make sure the Claymores are properly camouflaged. Shame about that town ordinance on concertine wiring, ever since that puppy incident. Oh well, sometimes you just gotta make do. At least they haven't said anything about the laser dazzlers.

What time is it coming out? Anyone know if it;s coming out on midnight or at 4 pm like with eh PS3 version?