Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YeOldeDFShoppe

Costume Quest Costume Contest

Post a picture of yourself dressed in an awesome Costume Quest themed costume. What’s that? You haven’t played Costume Quest yet and would like to see examples of said costumes? Let me point you in this direction.

Not only could you win a code to download Costume Quest, but we also have signed original drawings by Project Lead Tasha Harris up for grabs! Post your entries in this thread and we’ll pick 2 winners from this category on October 29th!

Eff yeah! Lemme find those pictures.

EDIT: ORRAIGHT

I wore this to Pax this year!

It's not very good because I only had like a week to work on it, plus I was working from three or four seconds of blurry game footage in a trailer. Sooo.

I couldn't get the red pattern on the front of her dress in time, and finding/making those awesome striped tights just wasn't gonna happen. So, the only really awesome parts of this are the cape (which I made from scratch, from a pattern of my own creation. I even figured out how to make the hood the most awesome kind of pointy) and the skull brooch (which I made from white Super Sculpey, pigmented with chalk pastel, and added a sheen with this cool micro-pearl powder I got a couple years ago and have been using at every possible instance since.)

...Oh, and the fact that that staff was pretty much an entire tree that was growing in my backyard until I told my bro I needed a staff and he went out back and cut it down for me. Yeah I have the best big brother ever.

I also couldn't find the right shoes. But did anyone notice??

I was also wearing a corset over it for most of the day, but that's not important.

Here's the cape shape. :3

Edit: 3500th post! :D

Okay, apparently I am dressed as "Dorsilla!" Kinda cool finally knowing her name! :3

I also think I should get points for having this costume made at the beginning of September, when we had only one trailer out, which had Dorsilla in it for about four seconds.

I didn't think there was anything zombie-related in CQ... is there??

I am trying to get stuff together for a costume, but last time I tried to bus to the fabric/craft store and back it took me 3 hours... so I am dragging my feet a little on going tonight.

2wqquu1.jpg

BOOM!

I actually wasn't going to post this because it turned out so badly, but I saw there was only one other entry so far and you're giving out two prizes, so...

My mom cannot take non-blurry pictures

My dad took this one... and left the flash on indoors.

The craft foam is supposed to be fire, okay?

Ugh you can see my hands in the last two.

(No, I'm not going to start posting regularly again.)

It's not bad actually- but why did you post the most blurry one? The others linked at the bottom look pretty good.

Nice!

That blurry pumpkin makes it extra scary. Can you do the little victory jig?

Yep! And if I win, I will put it on youtube and it will be awesome.

...actually I'll probably do that anyway.

Nice!

Turtle, not to be awkward, but the results have already been announced =)

I like your costume a lot though!

It looks everywhere blurry pumpkin now and it doesn't look so scary i think , just have a look for couple of mintues!

Nice!

Turtle, not to be awkward, but the results have already been announced =)

I like your costume a lot though!

Right, that's what I get for being an idiot and not checking any threads but this one.

Oh well!

Sign in to follow this