Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YeOldeDFShoppe

Double Fine Costume Contest

Perhaps you love Double Fine and have a closet full of Psychonauts and Brütal Legend costumes just asking to be worn and submitted into a contest. For those of you who prefer dressing in non-Costume-Quest-related Double Fine-themed clothing, we give you the Double Fine Costume Contest.

Not only could you win a code to download Costume Quest, but we also have signed original drawings by Project Lead Tasha Harris up for grabs! Post your entries in this thread and we’ll pick 2 winners from this category on October 29th!

::looks at Twil's costume:: ...Well, that was a great costume contest. See you all next year! :P

I won't participate since I was in the news feed before. I'm hoping to see an Ophelia costume...

...or better yet... a two-headed baby costume! :D

Well shoot, I threw away my Ophelia costume! And I already have a costume for this year... I guess I might just have to have two costumes this year.

Was linked this through the Psychonauts club on DA, so... I had to.

My Milla Vodello costume!

One

Two

Yes, the dress is separate fabric pieces sewn together. (:

I decided Brutal Legend was a perfect theme for last year's costume. There was a group of us and we all had Brutal Legend branded Backstage Passes to help explain the theme to people. It went over so well we're thinking about using it again...

I was Eddie Riggs (LINK).

My wife was Ophelia (LINK)

There was also Mangus, KillMaster and Lionwhyte (LINK).

Anyone who didn't know what Brutal Legend was just thought we were some bad muthas.

The whole set is up on my flickr page (LINK).

I actually have multiple DF costumes... I was wearing them at pax this year. Lemme see if I can find the pictures of that raz costume.

How dare you imply that Europe is filled with sex-obsessed cretins. XP

Lol, yeah. It is in Europe. (and to top it all off, Amsterdam.)

also where did you find an open-window sex shop? is this in europe?

Here's my entry! This summer I dressed up as a certain Manny Calavera and embarked upon a pub odyssey of great drunkness.

Manny and The Duke

4832321782_2888c1e22d_b.jpg

Manny getting in on a little bartending action...and Turbo Pimms!

4832333002_23c99c0a1f_b.jpg

How I made it and other pics can be found over on my flickr set here - <LINK>

P.S. Wasn't sure if I was supposed to post pics here or not...if not I can always change them to links :)

Here's my entry! This summer I dressed up as a certain Manny Calavera and embarked upon a pub odyssey of great drunkness.

Tastycrisp, that is one awesome costume! I was actually thinking of making a Manny Calavera costume, but it would have been pretty pathetic looking next to yours. You even have those Land of the Dead brochures (though, I can't remember- did those come with the game originally?) Anyways, the costume looks great- are there peepholes in Manny's head that you can see out of?

----------------

EDIT

Silly me- just checked the Fan Art forum and saw your full thread where you discussed how you created the costume (including the eyeholes) and even the DoD Travel Brochures. Simply amazing! Can't believe you did so much work in creating it! I was just going to take posterboard, roll it into a cylinder, and draw out Manny's face on it. I'm so happy I didn't even bother now!

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/3320/ Check it out everyone if you haven't seen it already!

I decided Brutal Legend was a perfect theme for last year's costume. There was a group of us and we all had Brutal Legend branded Backstage Passes to help explain the theme to people. It went over so well we're thinking about using it again...

Those are great costumes, too, Teenwolf!

If I knew where to start I would put together a Doviculus costume :)

----------------

EDIT

Silly me- just checked the Fan Art forum and saw your full thread where you discussed how you created the costume (including the eyeholes) and even the DoD Travel Brochures. Simply amazing! Can't believe you did so much work in creating it! I was just going to take posterboard, roll it into a cylinder, and draw out Manny's face on it. I'm so happy I didn't even bother now!

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/3320/ Check it out everyone if you haven't seen it already!

Cheers! Yeah, I went a bit overboard with creating stuff for that costume but glad people like it.

I'm reeeeeeal impressed with everyones costumes on here. Great to see so much love for Double Fine :D

there are very few american cosplayers that do it right....those few cosplayers are in this thread

GOOD WORK GUYS!

I'll have you know that I live in the Queens country dear sir/madame!

;)

there are very few american cosplayers that do it right....those few cosplayers are in this thread

GOOD WORK GUYS!

I'll have you know that I live in the Queens country dear sir/madame!

;)

hmm...i suppose I should say non-japanese cosplay

I dug out my old Raz costume and updated it slightly.

I wish I had more time to devote to this contest, unfortunately bachelor's degrees in physics don't earn themselves.

Oddly enough my primary Halloween costume is going to be another psychic: Tetsuo Shima.

Photo 81.jpg

578d00151f0e1_Photo81.jpg.ca477ded8bbb88

So, I stopped reading when I saw "Costume Contest, somethingsomething the 29th" and

ran off to make my costume. I should have paid a bit closer attention.

Here's a couple quick pics so I don't miss out.

th_thoughtful.jpgth_pewpew.jpg

Anyways, the gloves didn't polish as dark a brown as I would have liked, and Raz's

beard is, quite frankly, completely out of control*. Other than that, I'm pretty pleased

with it. My cool props are at work, tho. I'll update as I can manage. -d

th_props.jpg

My bacon, psycho portal, and...well, not-as-good-as-DreamFluff-but-still-delicious Lindor truffles.

th_portalblur.jpgth_psychoportalfin.jpg

The portal itself. Looks blurry for some reason. It has a matte finish that confuses my camera.

th_catportal.jpg

The cat wasn't too interested in having his emotional baggage dealt with.

*Also, mostly stuffed in his shirt.

Sign in to follow this