• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Double Fine QA

Costume Quest (with demo) now available on PSN and XBLA!!!

Go download the demo and once of course you fall in love with it, buy the full version!!!! Don't forget to rate it on both systems!!!

What about the xbox version? What time is that coming out tomorrow?

Usually Xbox Marketplace updates at 2 a.m. Pacific time.

justed played it on ps3 now I'm buying it on my 360 it was sweet. I was all like shoot my fist at the uglys and they were all like no you hit me wahhhhhhhh then I got candy. :)

And you thought it was going to suck. I need to go to gamestop and buy a points card now!!!

It's certainly a QUIET game. No soundtrack or voice acting help keep the price down, I suppose. It took five years for Psychonauts to drop to $10 on line (disregarding the total randomness of various stores' bargain bins.)

It's a bit like playing an interactive comic book, really, but with a bit more motion. I love starting a new DF game, there is that DF magic and it's like Christmas and birthday all rolled into one except this is a hat trick because it is Halloween, too. I haven't played much, just up to the first intersection with the cop, the jack'o'lanterns and the ghostie boys (or are they zombie boys?). Lot of housework, just because the landlord's rep wants to come in (not an inspection, she's new and just wants to familiarize herself with the properties) but man it puts a crimp in my sloth.

The first battle seemed a bit easy, after two normal volleys and an akagayama missle attack it was over. Doesn't really count, I suppose, being the intro battle and it kept saying wouldn't you like to do this? Hit the square, the triangle, the square, go on. Eh, ok, bit of handholding never hurts. This isn't Fallout:New Vegas. Which I wouldn't play, anyway. Maybe after the housecleaning I'll have time to get obsessed with CQ as I did with PN and BS.

And Reynold, especially when he smiles, is starting to look more like Ornery Boy than Chum Chum.

The script is precious DF as ever, especially with Reynold leading Wren around followed by her acerbic comments on his intellect and leadership abilities.

I do hope a lot of people are buying this. Double Fine QA, when do you guys get sales stats from PSN/XBL?

PS--what it lacks in soundtrack it makes up for in vibration. Made me laugh, and I'm trying to figure out how to play it with my trousers.

So I don't have my own account right now, but I downloaded the demo on my friend's Xbox. I really enjoyed this exchange towards the end:

Random Character: This party is reserved for people who bought the FULL VERSION OF COSTUME QUEST!

You: Woah. That was Meta.

Buddy: I hope the full version of the game respects the fourth wall more.