• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
Katez

The Unofficial Costume Quest Help Thread!

Need help with something? Don't hesitate to ask! But do hesitate to post an entirely new topic about it, because seriously, that clutters up the forum.

(Please note: I probably can't help you, as I'm not very good at video games in general and this game in particular, but maybe others can.)

And just so we don't end up having way more questions than we have answers, here's a rule of thumb: When you post a question, at least try to answer someone else's, if it hasn't already been answered. You don't have to, it just keeps the thread a little more linear and helps keep questions from being lost entirely. Also, if you're asking about a collectible you're missing, please try to say which ones you DO have, otherwise it'll take a list of all of them to solve your problem!

I've trick or treated every house in the first area, but the game says I'm still missing one so it wont let me into the next area. I've gone round and round looking at all the houses and I can't find a single one I haven't done. Is it hidden somewhere or have I just encountered some sort of bug?

There's a little cul-de-sac on the western side of the map, just north of where you start. You may have missed that one.

And simple as the advice is, make sure you're looking on both sides of the street! I totally made that mistake the first time and spent a while looking everywhere for the last house.

I've got 100% on everything else, I'm about to fight Dorsilla, but I can't find one last stamp. :I I'm at level ten and everything.

I've got 100% on everything else, I'm about to fight Dorsilla, but I can't find one last stamp. :I I'm at level ten and everything.
dorsilla has the last stamp swilly

can't find the one last hiding kid in autumn haven mall. anyone know one that'd be easy to miss?

there's one last hiding kid in Auburn Pines that I can never get. :I My brother said it doesn't exist, but it's got to... right?

there's one last hiding kid in Auburn Pines that I can never get. :I My brother said it doesn't exist, but it's got to... right?

Did you try behind the cart on the right side of the mall on the first floor?

That's where I found my last kid.

I'm missing two peices of two costumes. The unicorn and the vampire. I'm going to have to go back and scour the levels for anything I missed.

hi i best the game level 10 need 1 extra cinn brain card but n0 one left to fight what up can't get last 3 acheivments any help or is this just bad game design??? I put in all the time and feel cheated was going to bee my first 100%. What gives??? No cinn brain means can't do rare card quest which means cant complete the cards wich means cant get last costume and use all powers. This suc ks

I just beat the game and I have everything except for the Unicorn costume. The thing is, I have all 3 pieces of the costume, it just never caused me to unlock the unicorn costume. If I go to the costume screen, it shows the 3 pieces as collected. I also went back to the areas to confirm that I really do have all the pieces.

It looks like this on my screen: piece1 + piece2 + piece3 = [?]

Just to be clear, I have all the pieces and they are colored in and solid. I know what I'm talking about. Is this some kind of glitch or am I supposed to do something with the three pieces to form the costume? Is anyone else having this problem?

I just beat the game and I have everything except for the Unicorn costume. The thing is, I have all 3 pieces of the costume, it just never caused me to unlock the unicorn costume. If I go to the costume screen, it shows the 3 pieces as collected. I also went back to the areas to confirm that I really do have all the pieces.

It looks like this on my screen: piece1 + piece2 + piece3 = [?]

Just to be clear, I have all the pieces and they are colored in and solid. I know what I'm talking about. Is this some kind of glitch or am I supposed to do something with the three pieces to form the costume? Is anyone else having this problem?

did you win the costume contest in the mall?

did you win the costume contest in the mall?

LOL that was it. I realized almost immediately after posting that I forgot to do that :/. Thanks for putting up with my stupidity.

Ok I just bought Grubblins on Ice. Started up Costume Quest. The problem is that it just goes to the last boss in the regular game. So how do I get to Grubblins on Ice? Is it because I already beaten the game that I am having this problem?

at teh main menu, select new game, then you can choose Costume Quest or Grubbins on Ice