Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Warpdogg

Brutal Legend DLC no longer available in PSN store?

Hey guys, signed up to see if I could get some answers from the fans (and maybe Admins/Devs), because I can't seem to find a single news report on this. I have the first Brutal Legend DLC and earlier today I was interested in buying the second one, but when I went onto the PSN store (I'm in Australia, so should be EU servers) I couldn't find the page for the DLC anywhere. I then tried to get to the DLC page from the games start menu, but it gave me an error message saying the page doesn't exist, so no dice.

Has the DLC been removed from the store? I'd be disappointed if it has, should have gotten the 2nd DLC earlier.

Whatcha talkin bout Willis?! It's still there for me, (or as it appears)

It's rating of 4.5 stars dissapeared when Xbox Live updated.

So everyone else can get to its listing on PSN? I checked everywhere yesterday. The direct link to it from the games start menu doesn't work, and when I go to A-C under PS3 Add-ons there's no listing for it anywhere.

I had this exact same problem. I had the first DLC map pack and only recently have been replaying to get the trophies and realised I hadn't got the 2nd DLC. I was getting disapointed as I couldn't find it. The DLC doesn't seem to show unless you directly search for it for some reason. Type in brutal legend in the search field and the DLC will show itself. Hope this helps. :)

Cheers for that dude, I'll give that a try, seems a bit silly. I appreciate you signing up just to tell me that, haha.

Cheers for that dude, I'll give that a try, seems a bit silly. I appreciate you signing up just to tell me that, haha.

No problem. I've been meaning to join for a while.

I had this exact same problem. I had the first DLC map pack and only recently have been replaying to get the trophies and realised I hadn't got the 2nd DLC. I was getting disapointed as I couldn't find it. The DLC doesn't seem to show unless you directly search for it for some reason. Type in brutal legend in the search field and the DLC will show itself. Hope this helps. :)

See this guy is helpful unlike you eXpLoDeY & Cantido LOL

I'll have to try that some time. I still can't see a rating for Brutal Legend online though. It was something like 400k and 4.5 stars.

I used search and it worked, I'm now the proud owner of Map Pack 2. Don't know why it's normal listing was removed, probably a mistake, they should get around to fixing it. Thanks again bowler.

I used search and it worked, I'm now the proud owner of Map Pack 2. Don't know why it's normal listing was removed, probably a mistake, they should get around to fixing it. Thanks again bowler.

Yeay! :D

Yeay! :D

Amplified Cliffs and The Circle of Tears FTW

Hey all- I was just wondering. This week DF posted that new DLC would be available for Costume Quest as both a new quest as well as a patch that addresses certain issues.

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/3841/

Anyways- I know this is a pretty dead issue, but I'm wondering if we can push for new Brutal Legend DLC that would contain the already developed patch (ie. the fix to PS3 game loading bug). I'm even fine with just having the new patch included on any of the Brutal Legend DLC already out there, as I haven't purchased them yet with this error. The incentive for EA would be that they could actually get some money back from having put out the patch.

An awesome idea, however I've kind of come to terms with the fact that EA (or Sony) just aren't going to release the 1.3 PS3 patch. When I end up going back to play the campaign again I'm just going to have to downgrade to 1.1 and keep offline while I play.

Saying that, I check the forum on a daily basis just to see if anyone announces that 1.3 has been released :D

Saying that, I check the forum on a daily basis just to see if anyone announces that 1.3 has been released :D

Me to...

Me to...

We can dream can't we?

I'm just going to have to downgrade to 1.1 and keep offline while I play.

How do you downgrade to 1.1?

Is it certain that the bug appeared at 1.2?

Instructions are here. And yeah, it's been confirmed by DF that the 1.2 patch introduced the save bug.

Been almost a year now, I don't think we'll see the third patch :(

Instructions are here. And yeah, it's been confirmed by DF that the 1.2 patch introduced the save bug.

Been almost a year now, I don't think we'll see the third patch :(

I thought PSN was supposed to have free patching for Developers. Hmm.

I did the search on LIVE, and I did find all the DLC, as well as the rating for Brutal Legend. It's at 4.5 stars with over 400k reviewers. Clearly a horrible, horrible game. :P

I think you're confusing that with the possibility to publish DLC that's free for the consumer on PSN. I can't remember reading about what the costs of pushing out patches to existing content for the publishers is, but everything you publish needs to be certified by Sony, so there is definitely a cost for them. It would surprise me if they wouldn't employ a policy similar to Microsoft: first two patches are free, from then on 20.000$ per patch.

I did the search on LIVE, and I did find all the DLC, as well as the rating for Brutal Legend. It's at 4.5 stars with over 400k reviewers. Clearly a horrible, horrible game. :P

Wait, wait. This sentence confuses me. BL has a 4.5 stars rating, so that makes it a bad game? Or were you using sarcasm?

I really can't tell. Where did the notion that BL is a bad game even come from??

Yeah, I figured as much

But uh, why? "Clearly a horrible, horrible game" sounds like he's implying alot of people thought BL was bad, which isn't true at all. BL has an average rating of about 3/5 stars and at least a 7 on a scale of 10

Obviously some people don't care much for BL (like that kid with the protective eyewear but I don't think he cares for anything, really) so yeah, that sentence confused me because it sounded like it was implying something that wasn't true

And yeah, it's been confirmed by DF that the 1.2 patch introduced the save bug.

This is incorrect.

Correction - someone said that DF confirmed it and I did not do my homework and checked it out :)

Just bought the game for the PS3 (bought and beat the 360 version a year ago, when I still had the 360) and ran into everything in this forum. :( Now playing the 1.1 version, really want the second DLC, but I don't want to sacrifice the sound quality (sound is more than half of this game!).

Any recent news? Any chance of the magic 1.3 patch? I've sent an email to EA, asking them to patch BL...

Yeah, EA is really not interested for some reason. They're practically pretending they never had anything to do with the game. Right down to taking the BL forums off their website

I wonder why, though. Out of all of DF's games so far, BL seemed like it would've been the biggest hit. Shame EA just let it die like that

Just bought the game for the PS3 (bought and beat the 360 version a year ago, when I still had the 360) and ran into everything in this forum. :( Now playing the 1.1 version, really want the second DLC, but I don't want to sacrifice the sound quality (sound is more than half of this game!).

Any recent news? Any chance of the magic 1.3 patch? I've sent an email to EA, asking them to patch BL...

Nothing has been announced, so I guess not. Stick on 1.1 until you finish the campaign & jump on to 1.2 if you want to then play multiplayer...

Alright, I'll get into the routine of checking too. Mainly I'd want 1.2 to be able to get the second DLC and specifically that GPS for the dragons and other collectibles.

In other news, my request to EA support for a patch to 1.3 was rejected, the tech support team saying that my request belongs to the new product suggestion mailbox and asking me to email a generic @ea address.

Sign in to follow this