Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nukleon

Not for PC?

Excuses if this has been asked already, but...

Is it final if Brütal Legend won't be for PC?

I know that the publisher ultimately decides, but i would be so sad if this will be Schafers first non-PC game :(

As Tim himself (or may be it is other important DF person) pointed out in other post - everything might happen. Indeed - I remember sending Tim letters about Psychonauts, begging for PC version and to my greatest surprise he answered me himself when PC version was announced. It was awesome!! As most of us seem to enjoy the possibility of the PC version I think it might happen.. Just not right now..

Mac? Hohoho. Totally ignored gaming platform. Maybe like 5% of games end up on Mac only IF they're on PC, and usually a long time after...don't count on it.

Anyone who wants to play games on a Mac that badly will just dual boot with XP anyway.

As for the PC version, still no word yet although cryptic comments by lord of the forums Info Cow did say not to necessarily rule it out. I'm wondering if Sierra managed to get exclusive rights to reveal the PC version to another magazine, thus creating more publicity, but that's just speculation on my part.

I imagine it would end up on PC, given the amount of Sierra games for the PC.

I'm wondering if Sierra managed to get exclusive rights to reveal the PC version to another magazine, thus creating more publicity, but that's just speculation on my part.

Heh, PC Gamer magazine would be perfect for that :P Good thing my subscription just started up again!

All this no-PC nonsense is causing friends of mine to become very prudent in saying I need to buy a console... I already hooked up a controller to my PC and played Psychonauts, what more do you want of me!

To be fair, I'm not even sure why I don't just buy a console. I think it's the cheesy and easy-to-use menu's of consoles. They frighten the part of me that doesn't like to be nurtured into a sleepy Saturday on a couch. I need to re-install drivers and Windows every morning for fun alone!

...now, all kidding aside. Please a PC version :(

The Info Cow said that it's NOT official that will NOT come to PC. ;)

I could also imagine that they really want to destribute it on steam.

But anyway, I am going to buy an PS3 for Brutal Legend. Then i will also be able to play all the other great console exclusives that surely will come fore the PS3.

The Info Cow said that it's NOT official that will NOT come to PC. ;)

I could also imagine that they really want to destribute it on steam.

But anyway, I am going to buy an PS3 for Brutal Legend. Then i will also be able to play all the other great console exclusives that surely will come fore the PS3.

I've not really seen much evidence for that optimism, but I'll probably end up getting one too (I don't cound MGS4. MGS2 and 3 put me right off the series with more cutscenes than gameplay. I'd rather watch a film). But hey, Timesplitters 4 is also coming, which will do me fine along with Brütal Legend. One more decent looking exclusive and I can put my "If a console has 3 good games coming out for it it's worth buying" logic into action :P

Gamers don't buy Macs. Starving artists buy Macs. And no one likes them.

But the markup on Macs is rediculous (Equivalent Macbook to my laptop I got in April would have cost me another £300 quid, and even then the 3D card was the stripped down X1600, not the full one), so starving artists buy them so they can be even more destitute?

It's like you're living in the cave.. Mac's are getting popular with every month and for a good reason - they are excellent machines. If you need some more proof just visit Apple related fan sites - they are currently full with Apple financial quarter results - this quarter was the best in the company's history.

P.S. Yes I use Mac all the time ;)

The shame! Mac's are glorious machines and always helpful; and quite frankly- compared to the wheezing hulking beast of the standard PC, they are nigh on flawless. ;P

Noooooooooooooooo it's not coming out for the Wii eitherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

It's not coming out for the Wii because this game is a current generation game. Not a last-gen game. Psychonauts is a last-gen game, therefore, think Wii.

About Macs... Don't you think they're likely to be more solid partially because they aren't as wide-purpose, as far as catering for games and such? I imagine as soon as the range of software available for Mac is as wide as that available for PC, the range of problems will be equally wide as well.

About Macs... Don't you think they're likely to be more solid partially because they aren't as wide-purpose, as far as catering for games and such? I imagine as soon as the range of software available for Mac is as wide as that available for PC, the range of problems will be equally wide as well.

To an extent perhaps, yes. Apple have got a more solid OS than Windows, but it is not flawless by any means. If you recall the PC vs Mac ads from a while back, they made a big thing out of the lack of viruses and trojans and the like. Part of this is down to the simple fact that PCs are still the most widely spread computers, and so for anyone looking to produce these pieces of malware is bound to start on the PC. Likewise, Macs these days can run XP as well as Mac OS, which is useful for games compatibility, but then you're in the same, less secure boat as all PC gamers anyway. As I recall reading on the internet when they announced Windows could run on macs: "Oh great. Now we get the stability of Windows combined with the affordability of a Mac[/sarcasm]" :P It's still likely that Macs are more solid and secure, but I'd never buy one myself for two simple reasons. First off, full Mac support for a lot of PC stuff, especially games, is still some way off. If I'm having to install windows anyway, then why not just build a PC myself for a fraction of the cost? Secondly, the markup on their units puts me off. My £900 laptop has idential specs to a Macbook Pro which when I bought my laptop in April cost £1600 (The £1300 model was close, but the X1600 in it only had 128mb of video memory, not 256 like mine).

Ya, I've not bought a Mac for the same reasons. Being in the digital music field you'd think I'd flock to them, but the reality is, I can do a lot more on a PC for a lot less money (PCs caught up to Mac in terms of capability for art and music long ago), and when it boils down to it, having a PC as stable as a mac is can be a simple matter of care and effort. If someone is particularly worried about stability while getting a new rig, they can easily assemble a PC with an essentials-only installs of XP SP2 ( nliteos.com for example), and never connect it to the internet. It'd probably run faster than a mac that costs three times as much, and be entirely stable until it's well and truly old enough to be obsolete, assuming the components were chosen carefully. If they need internet access (assuming they don't still have an older computer), they could buy a whole new PC just for that and still stay well within that extra two thirds the mac would have cost! :P

As a guy who just spent around 900 dollars on ordering a new computer (8500 Swedish kronor, for those who care to check with today's exchange rates for a more accurate number) I too, would very much love to see Brutal Legend on the PC.

As for the whole OS thing, I'd say that a dual-boot Windows/Unix based OS is the way to go. Any Linux OS is stable as shit, there's tons of tips and tricks on how to do what, software that does anything Windows software does, sometimes better, and it's pretty much all free. And I doubt there's more then five Linux viruses out there. All while the Windows system runs all the games. All for the "Relatively" cheap price of the windows operative system.

Still, Macs are neat, stylish little things, but they're just far too expensive, especially when your on the tight, tight budget of a student.

I hope it comes out for Super Nintendo.

In my eyes the pininicle of gaming technology.

I don't want to buy a whole new machine just so my games can have an extra lousy dimension to them.

In conclusion Depth is overrated.

well I said to myself I won't be posting around here til I get an Xbox just to make sure I really actually play the game. I got one yesterday, so yeah, whatever, don't port it to the pc. :)

Ok I'm kidding, port it, port it.

:)

Well, simultaneous development for the PC platform would be preferable to a port as an afterthought.... but of course I'll be all over it if it comes out on PC either way.

PC if it does come out it'll probably be when there is downloadable content for the Xbox 360 and PS3. The micro market is the cool new way to get more cash and release new things for a game. Now on the PC veruses Mac deal both have there good and bad just determins what you are going to use the computer for is all you got to think of. Even so there is Win os on Mac, but no Mac on Win is what I think can tell you where most of the market is for right now.

Sign in to follow this