Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nukleon

Not for PC?

Well that really sucks, as I'm exclusively a PC gamer. I guess this will be the first Schafer game I won't be playing, at least not any time soon. Maybe some day when there are Xbox360/PS3 emulators and stuff. I will never buy a console to play a single game, no matter how brilliant.

Something in my heart tells me it will be released for the PC. Also, something in my head tells me to do bad things if it doesn't :(

I'm pretty sure they will release a PC version. This is EA and Doublefine we're talking about.

And I love my mouse and keyboard more than any controllers. Joypads are only useful on fighting games, IMHO.

I'm here for my yearly post. I said screw it on getting a PS3 last year and put that money and some towards a much better PC, oh and an iPod Touch. Sooooo, if this game doesn't come to the PC, or even the Wii, I'll never play it, so take that!!! :] :| :[

i really hope there will be a pc version. because pc... pc IS metal. consoles are more hip hop and those players won't understand the lifestyle ;P

so yes please mr. schafer, i know you want a pc version too, so please convince those big EA bosses who only look at bottom line that PC version is needed bad.

regard.

If there is a PC version I hope EA doesn't pack it full of DRM crud. That would be worse than not having a pc version, for a DRM version would fuel pirating.

If there is a PC version I hope EA doesn't pack it full of DRM crud. That would be worse than not having a pc version, for a DRM version would fuel pirating.

Uh..not really....World of Goo for PC had no DRM and the piracy rate was ~90%

It isn't Tim, who decides if there will be a PC version or not..

And by the way, come on, buying an Xbox360 will only cost you 199$ or something, and it has a lot of great games! Gaming on consoles really IS the future of gaming, so why not invest some money in one on of them? Me, as a gamer, has the PS3 and therefore I do not have to worry about Brütal Legend probably not coming out for the PC.

and i think the PS3 is more metal than the Xbox360..

not worth it trust me cus most games or u can say all new coming games on the Xbox360 should be released on PC

Just wanted to poke in and put in my vote towards a PC release. The game will likely still be best played with a gamepad, but many of us PC gamers have a gamepad for certain games already. I have an Xbox 360 controller, yet no actual 360 console. Just Played Psychonauts using it. Double Fine did a great job with the PC version of Psychonauts, by the way. It was very scalable and worked in Vista 64 and supported a very high resolution; I'm sure DF would do a great job with a PC port of Brutal Legend.

EA is usually much more willing to release their games on PC than the average publisher so I'm keeping my hopes up. They have found a lucrative market on the PC and their newest console-centric games have been coming out on PC, like Dead Space and Mirror's Edge. Not to mention they published Crysis, WAR and Spore, some of the only remaining big-budget PC-exclusive titles.

I actually have a PS3 and plan on getting Brutal Legend on launch day and will pay the $60 for it (or whatever they are charging now for games.) But I would also like to BUY a PC version down the road if possible, as I prefer to customize controls, play the game at better framerates, better graphics, sound, etc. I'm not confident that the PS3 port will turn out well given the way the console has been panning out for most developers as well as the PS2 version of Psychonauts.

PC release, please!

PS: I am very excited about Brutal Legend and I'm barely even a metal fan! I love Tenacious D, though. (Are they doing a track or something cool for the game?) It looks great and I enjoy all of Tim's work. This site is the only developer site I tend to check back on every so often. Loved the Grim Fandango puzzle doc... it was fascinating. Also, a Steam release would be the bomb. It's the best way to buy a game, in my opinion.

Well the only thing that is known for certain is that Double Fine is making for the game for the 360 and PS3. Now based on how I remember(it is faulty so I may be wrong) the PC release happen after the consoles release for Psycronauts. That means that IF one is to come out odds are it will be after the consoles are done. I personally think that it will come out after with some DLC in the game which for awhile will only be on the PC version for maybe a month or two before coming out on the 360 or PS3 market place to help drive sales of PC since they will be the first to get something extra. That is just my opion of it. It allows them to go back to working on a past project without making a sequel. Since I know that is something I think Double Fine detest.

ouch.

i had my pocket money put aside for this game... but now i find out that i'm gonna have to wait for a pc version....it breaks hearts

I won't move an inch away from here until a PC version gets announced! I will sit here all day and night and demonstrate for our right of a PC version! I'll shackle myself to the next tree if I have to, I'm serious about it!! Who's with me?? We're going to FIGHT for it!!

PC stands for Preferable Console anyway! The best game deserves the best platform, otherwise it's less than it could be!

;)

No, honestly, Brütal Legends may be the best game ever to grace our senses and to please the gods of metal, but I won't buy a console for just one game. On the other hand, if Heavy Rain actually turns out to be as amazing as promised......well, unlikely. ;-)

Would be glad to know how Psychonauts sold for the PC, and some numbers on how Left 4 Dead sold for PC when comparing to x360. I believe that it wasn't even published for PS3? Sorry to be rude, but you should cut the crap about which system is the future, it'll lead only to fight about which system is superior. Pick your poison, I enjoy my PC and gamecube. Suck on that.

But hey Tim or some other person from Double Fine who is reading this, please release Brütal Legend for PC in your shop, give Tim some drink that he loses his memory, and then he could once again learn to write by writing on the covers of games, for extra buck! So far my Psychonauts -game with a cat drawn by Tim [or a impersonator! >:( ] has been my pride. Oh the joy. Well, as a PC-gamer I'm a little disappointed because the game won't (?) be released as fast as the console versions, but I wish that some day I'll be playing Brütal Legend on PC. :) And drm wont work so I guess that it's the same whether you have it or not. The real customers will be the people who have to pay the price of drm later on.

Anyway, if a PC version won't be announced this week I'm taking hostages, seriously!

I'll kidnap Double Fine employees on their way to work and won't set them free until I can be sure that the most awesome game ever gets a release on my beloved platform!!

In the meantime I'll tickle them with feathers to extract some super-secret information about the game and sell those for enormous amounts of money to magazines! Hm, actually, that's not a bad thought...

I've already come up with an plan to blackmail the developers.

Beware, it's a cat ready to strike and maim all the developers. He's waiting under a tree for an opportunity to attack .

>:(

note: Cats are nice, lovely and cute. I love cats. Cats. <3

I think PC gamers need a waaambulance. There are some legitamite pro-pc arguments, but honestly, consoles are not expensive compared to gaming PCs. Buy one.

Well I do agree that the complaining for it should stop. As far as we know there has been no absolutes on them not putting the game out on PC. Now I am thinking it is really a deal of if things work out more then anything. Double Fine have been going the route of being quite and answering what will or will not be done when they have an answer about it. Now going threw things in recent days I believe that Tim has stated that it is up to the publisher, EA, not them. So odds are it will just depend on the sells of the consoles before it comes out on the PC. This may be because of the fact piracy is higher on PC then on consoles they are waiting until after they make said amount of money on consoles before dealing with the PC side. This being a deal of being safe in there being enough money to keep doing what they love in case the PC side doesn't work out. The deal is these days is outside of MMOGs most go with figuring out how to do the job, while only risking what can be done. I think it is just a deal where they could keep making console games if things go the way of Pyscronauts in that they broke even, and made a bit of a profit so they could keep on going till the next one comes out. I think that on the PC side they didn't make as much on the console side, so go the safe route first. Which is what seems to be the deal. It is a deal where they may or may not, just depends on how things go.

Now I can say that on the price per a computer verses a console is equal when compared. The real difference is that on the PC may have to pay about 400 or 500(generally speaking not referring to the PC rigs that may be top of the line just the to play it rather then play it the best) over time need to replace parts at most at 100 ever so often. A console may be a set deal where you may have to just pay about 300-200(for a current gen system generally speaking I know there are some flaws and exceptions but I am speaking generally is all) every so often which means each time a next gen comes around have to buy a brand new system instead of just parts on the PC side. Now if you do the figures over time with the 100 or so dollars a year for new parts rather then 200 or so each time a new one comes out they come out about even with the pc at times costing more and the console at times costing more.

I think PC gamers need a waaambulance. There are some legitamite pro-pc arguments, but honestly, consoles are not expensive compared to gaming PCs. Buy one.

Since they're not that expensive, buy me one.

Since they're not that expensive, buy me one.

= lol.

But Mykalwane does have a good point! also, on a console the game will already be optimized to run perfectly and with high detail settings I guess. It should have been proven already that being a PC gamer is more expensive than being a console gamer. I would also think that a game with the features that Brütal Legend does indeed have, is going to be high on the system requirements. = its going to need AT LEAST a 1000 dollar PC to run equally as good as it would on a Xbox 360 or PS3.

But Mykalwane does have a good point! also, on a console the game will already be optimized to run perfectly and with high detail settings I guess. It should have been proven already that being a PC gamer is more expensive than being a console gamer. I would also think that a game with the features that Brütal Legend does indeed have, is going to be high on the system requirements. = its going to need AT LEAST a 1000 dollar PC to run equally as good as it would on a Xbox 360 or PS3.

But think about it, if xbox 360 is able to run it, why wouldn't a mid-range computer also be able to do the same? And console games run perfectly and with high detail settings I guess.

That is so wrong and sad. :(

But yeah, really. Mykalwane did think and tell a lot about stuff in his post. I just don't really understand why people with consoles come here and tell about how "superior" their systems are. And how did that one joke go? "Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded."

Sign in to follow this