Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nukleon

Not for PC?

I don't think a PC version depends much on Tim right now, it'll have to do more with EA being willing to market it. So, if you guys want to do something to make this happen, then go buy an EA PC game and show them that their PC ports can sell a lot. I already ordered today a copy of both Dead Space and Mirror's Edge.

These games aren't ports (especially Mirror's Edge), they're multiplatform releases. But you are absolutely right, I've always wanted to buy Dead Space, I'll have to check out whether it's available in my local store or I'll just buy it on Steam. Shouldn't the success of Sims 3 - a game being bought by 'hardcore gamers' and 'casual gamers' alike - tell EA that games can sell well on PC? It's a matter of marketing.

Anyway, who knows, maybe the PC version is already in the works, but now that they have given a release date, they wont confirm it unless it's ready for that same date. Otherwise, it would hurt the early sales (which are quite important for publishers) because of people who'll wait for the PC release date.

I just hope there are plans for the PC release. I don't care if they intend to release it at the same time or some time later, I just want to play it on PC or I won't play it at all - buying a console is out of the question for me.

Ditto that, Phinelete. I'll gladly wait a year, after everyone else and their brother has played it, if I can just play it on PC after that. Hopefully not quite that long, but better late than never, for sure.

I mean come on people! Yes you fans! Brutal Legend made PC fans before the console versions came out! I am a PC fan.I'd buy this game two times like i did Psychonauts.Double Fine! Yes now i talk to you people..It would be enormous waste not to port the game for PC...The game reeks of awesomeness! And I (like many others) just cant afford a console next to my PC.Why would unreleasing of the game for PC be 100% canceled/never started at all...??Why why why? I already started a tread on EA :D about this.We demand a PC version! It is unbelievable! You guise release one game and it is total art...I have already seen the forums around the net.Scouted a little bit.A sea of massive PC port request has already been issued....Hell, port it badly! Make camera look at a map corner,I would buy it anyway! I mean... REALLY!

Yeah I am pissed,and I posted that after ... well long time with no sleep at all.I was plowing trough the internet for more info :D

BTW Octopus,do you think that my arguments are good?I didn't miss a point I think.It was just a flaming expression of malcontent xD

Well, your arguments are good, but if you check the sites FAQs Tim hints at a PC version. So I think it will happen EA has been good with PC content (see: Spore, The Sims, Need for Speed, Crysis, etc.).

They say"Buy a console,PC is useless".Their agonizing casual screams blowing though the mainstream alleyways.The dirt of remakes and spinoffs,the hunger for money,eating up the creativity of both sides.They will say "Buy it!" I will look down upon them and say "NO!" ...XboX360 has 3,4Ghz or whatever triple core CPU...But in 10 years...Xbox 360 will be obsolete.Believe it or not,a company that makes a greatest evergreen game is a company that shines in the stars.Psychonauts went into the 4 all time best games.4 Games I can play till I die:Psychonauts,Warcraft,Starcraft and Diablo.My point is-eternal games stay on PC.Every console that exist came out as an idea from a PC system.Every console is just a graphic card.Cards get old,and you always have to ask for another,you never know what the dealer has. Consoles are for kids.People that have absolutely no use of a PC.People that don't know how to use one.Look at PS3.It is now stacked with options to look more like a PC.It can go online,dl content,share folders,play divx movies..We have PC for that. And in 5 years or so,PS3 users will be forced into buying a PS4,just like now-there are no more new PS2 games,and people are forced into buying a new one,while a good PC can emulate games from both PlayStations . In reality, If I had more money I'd buy a supported console JUST to play this game.It's a 1st real metal game ever made! Finally the whole social group of metalheads (me myself and I included) goth the chance to get a 100% game for us! And the worst part is,people that want to play it anyway don't even know who the @@@@ are Lemmy or Lita :D I invested big money into a PC,that is 2 years old now.And guess what it runs every latest game with no problems! Psychonauts weren't requiring a demon PC,and the game looked perfect.Making a great game isn't making it have 10 tons of bloom,extra-realistic fire/smoke/glass/water.The game soul is its story,world art,humor,and good gameplay.We had it all in Psychonauts.My PC is core@quad on 2,4 GHz with a 8800 GTS 640Mb card.Every game(including the Ea's PC eater Crysis) ran perfect on high details! So...as for the casual games,they will get their console versions..I just cant think of a possibility of game not coming out for PC.It's impossible.We'll start a revolution...So quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Here's the latest word by mr. Schafer (from Eurogamer's live chat):

Gurrah asks: I'll keep it short: No PC version, why? I'm sad.

Tim Schafer: Well it's really an action game, that when you play it you'll see that it was meant to be on a console.

My question is, 'Why all the hate for consoles?' If you hate consoles, that means you hate Katamari Damacy, Okami, ICO, and you are in fact a bad person. A bad person who should send all their hate mail to Eurogamer and not to me.

Super Moderating Hero: Cheeky! Will there ever be a PC version? Is there hope?

Tim Schafer: We are really focused on the Xbox 360 and PS3 version right now.

...so, it's not a very relieving answer, but at least it still isn't a final no.

Tim Schafer: Well it's really an action game, that when you play it you'll see that it was meant to be on a console.

My question is, 'Why all the hate for consoles?' If you hate consoles, that means you hate Katamari Damacy, Okami, ICO, and you are in fact a bad person. A bad person who should send all their hate mail to Eurogamer and not to me.

...so, it's not a very relieving answer, but at least it still isn't a final no.

:'c

Aww craaap... That doesn't sound good. So what it's an action game? Hey, FPS games are meant to be on PC and they are on consoles, too. Besides, we also have gamepads, so who needs a console? Plug it in and tada - an ultimate console.

I could ask: why all the hate for PC?

that's one of the biggest cop out answers i've ever heard: "its not for pc, cause its an action game"? what? even the mother of all third person action games, tomb raider, started on pc. so yeah, they just think it wont sell well on pc.

other favorite cop out answers i heard over the years:

Why can't you take a shovel and dig in "Trespasser"? because we fear that someone will want to dig up the entire island.

Why won't there be motorcycles in farcry2? because riding a motorcycle cant be done well in first person.

It's not "hate for consoles", it's just we don't care about them cause we love our PCs, for god's sake.

So, uh... was Psychonauts not an action game? At all? Really?

This pretty much sums it up:

So what it's an action game? Hey, FPS games are meant to be on PC and they are on consoles, too. Besides, we also have gamepads, so who needs a console? Plug it in and tada - an ultimate console.

I could ask: why all the hate for PC?

Dude. Logitech RumblePad 2. Same thing that got me through Psychonauts, and Grand Theft Auto, and any other "console" games released for PC. Seriously, if you can play an FPS on a console (and I STILL think this is a bad idea), you can most certainly play an "action game" on PC.

On a bit of a side note guys, let's direct the angst at EA, not at Tim/DF. When all is said and done, it's up to the publisher, not the developer, which systems the game is released for, and the studio has to back them up. That said, let's not go bringing the hate. "ZOMG EA SUCKS SO BAAAAD WHY WON'T YOU RELEES IT 4 PC I HATE U I HAT U I HATE U" probably wouldn't get much in the way of results. If you want EA to release a PC version, go ahead and make your opinion known on their forums, write them a polite letter strongly but respectfully and intelligently stating your opinion, and then another, but let's keep it like that. Nonsensical ramblings and hatemail won't get the job done. Let's show EA that there are reasonable, intelligent people who would very much like to see a PC release, and have the communicative skills necessary to hold down a job long enough to purchase said release. =P

The Info Cow said that it's NOT official that will NOT come to PC. ;)

I could also imagine that they really want to destribute it on steam.

But anyway, I am going to buy an PS3 for Brutal Legend. Then i will also be able to play all the other great console exclusives that surely will come fore the PS3.

Anyway the situation is clear for me, no pc version, I wont buy it.

For the consoles, I have a wii, but the XBOX is not even remotely

interesting because all the games I like play better on the PC anyway

and the PS3 so far has two interesting games for me I cannot get on the PC not enough to justify another console.

In other words I can live with not being able to play Brütal Legend!

If EA does not want to sell the game to me I am fine with it :-)

I'm getting a bad feeling about this. I kind of doubt we'll see a PC version and if we will, it will be in a long time. I'm sad.

hey new buddies:

can you please stop signing up on this forum just so you can complain in this thread?

thanks,

hot

I was going to say the exact same thing. This forum is not for complaining. It is for celebrating Double Fine. It's also for nonsense. Well, mostly the nonsense actually.

Elka disapproves of PC whiners. You all need a whambulance.

Well, no. We just need this game on PC.

Hey kids, let's play nice, eh?

First of all, hot is right. No one likes a whiner, and if the sole reason you're signing up on here is to complain, then you might consider just... not. DFAF is a place for people who love Double Fine to get together and discuss. It's a positive place, and frankly, I'd like to keep it that way. That's not to say you can't state your opinion. I'm pretty bummed at the possibility that BL won't be released for PC, and I'd like very much to make that known to DF and EA. If you don't have something positive to contribute, though... maybe you should just take it elsewhere.

On the other hand, weemies has a point. If you've already got an Xbox or PS3 (or aren't worried about buying one), then you're not really in the same boat. It's easy to tell someone to quit whining when you've already gotten what you want. just keep that in mind.

Let's keep the flame wars on the xbox kiddie forums, mkay? o.O

Code Echo should be given a special title of "Father of the Forum" or something

Code Echo should be given a special title of "Father of the Forum" or something

*bites pipe* Aha, kids will be kids, as they say. You little scamps run along now. ;-)

I don't think there's anything wrong with people registering just to complain about the lack of a PC version. They are obviously only doing so because they care enough about Double Fine and the previous work of the various creative minds involved for it to be important to them. No harm done by people sharing their feelings.

Personally, my mindset has shifted from "OH JESUS D.F. YOU HAVE TO PUT THE GAME OUT ON PC" to something in the realm of "Oh well." I've resigned myself to the possibility that I may not play Brutal Legend any time soon (purchasing a console is not in my foreseeable future... I don't even own a TV, nor do I intend to buy one). I've come to the conclusion that that's OK. So, Double Fine want to hone in on a console audience and provide them with an awesome game. Cool. I wish them all the best on the endeavor, and I remain resolutely loyal to them as a fan of their creativity, even if I don't experience all of it.

I feel it's more important to appreciate the great experiences Double Fine and Tim Schafer have given us already than it is to be afraid we might miss out on something in the future. After all, anyone of us could die at any moment, and it's not worth wasting life on fear or indulging in self-victimizing desire.

Yeah, same problem here. No TV and therefore no console. Don't intend to buy either of those. What should I do?

Buy the game and glare longingly at the shiny screenshots on the box? Read the manual maniacally over and over again, with a growing urge to play the game? Watch my reflection in the disk, misuse it as an mirror? I mean, I want this game, but well, I would only waste my money, as it seems.

My problem, of course.

Sign in to follow this