Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nukleon

Not for PC?

You know you can hook up a console to your PC monitor, right?

Anyway, thanks edwierd! Now we're going to have more people on here complaining about stuff they can't do while contributing absolutely nothing constructive to the forums.

Maybe MS will try to keep the PC alive by developing an XBOX PCI-E card. It is not outside the realm of possibility.

Why would anybody need to make an extra effort to "keep the PC alive?" A proper machine can easily outclass any current-gen console.

I'm assuming you're being sarcastic here... right? o.O

Yes, Captain Obvious, that was sarcasm. Until someone develops spreadsheet and database software for game consoles, or the first novel written on a game console is published, there will always be computers.

Whew. Good. It's just... I've gotten used to reading youtube video comments. And seeing crap like this pass for news. o_o

My faith in humanity as a whole is pretty low right now.

Well, as I said before: no PC version, no money from me. I don't own a console, and have no plans or money to purchase one. College Students HAVE to own computers, they don't need consoles. Why buy both?

Also, if its not coming out on PC due to piracy concerns, I think it is hilarious that everyone thinks PC automatically = loss of profit from piracy. Did anyone stop to think that anyone can just go to a friends house and use their console and games? As for me, even when I may not buy a system to save cash, other people in the dorms may not think the same way. Odds are someone else will buy it, and odds are they will let me play it. I remember last year that in my dorm there were only 2 copies of skate 2, but by the end of the year every room with an xbox had a save game file for it. Borrowing and trading games is like cake on a console, and that is exactly what I will be doing with this game.

No, you cannot. Some monitors, sure, but certainly not all.

No, you cannot. Some monitors, sure, but certainly not all.

Oh, you most certainly can. HDMI to DVI bidirectional converter cables are about $35 - $80. It is expensive, but it is cheaper than buying a TV. However, that means you still need enough money to buy a console, which if you are anything like me, you do not have anyway.

Yo people! U are all missing the point! Let's be constructive,really.The only thing I don't like is forcing people to buy consoles for only one game.I don't have that money.Not releasing it anytime soon on PC? For piracy? >_< And what is it called when I grab an xbox from a friend for 2 weeks to play a game and return it after I finish? One guy payed it,2 guys are playing it=loss of profit.U can't deny sharing! But you are bound to loose part of income from it! And what is with that answer Tim gave?? Action adventures dont go well on PC? >_< That is like saying RTS game should be only on mobile phones,and they should be turn based :o(yeah-mind blown-real time turn based strategy!) I can only hope that when all the blood from money hunger drops,they'll release it for PC.I would really like that.

If they were really money hungry thaey would have announced a PC version already. The Sims is still one of the best selling francises ever, and it's mostly PC exclusive. Double Fine is still a small studio. They needed another developer to port Psychonauts to the PS2. Brütal Legend is more resource intensive, so a PC version might not be a possibility right now. Tim has never said it was completely out of the question though. Everyone needs to calm down.

It's not constructive to argument why I couldn't and wouldn't buy the game? Well, sorry then. :roll:

Hey, Acorino, did you know that you can connect a console to your pc-screen using an adapter? If your computer monitor has a HDMI connection, plug your console right in. It it has a DVI connection, buy a cheap adapter!

EDIT: oh, i didn't read the thread through sorry ^^

im just going to say this: if you have only a PC, and BL doesnt come out on PC. stop complaining, and just either buy a console, or dont buy BL. simple as that. whining and complaining on forums (even DF's own forum) is not going to help the situation.

all im saying. got a problem with it, i dont care.

I hate to say it, but... I'm... kinda starting to agree.

Intelligent discussion - GOOD.

Incessant whining - BAD.

I want it for PC too, but... yeah... this is starting to make us just look bad.

I hate to say it, but... I'm... kinda starting to agree.

Intelligent discussion - GOOD.

Incessant whining - BAD.

I want it for PC too, but... yeah... this is starting to make us just look bad.

yes. i was reading through this thread, and cringing at alot of the anonymous newbies posts.

you were cool about it in all your posts though echo. i like your additude towards these situations.

I think Xbox 360 Arcade units are about $200 now. Not that expensive, and I'm sure if you look hard enough you will find other console exclusive games you like to justify the purchase.

EDIT: This is directed at all the PC owners. Not just Echo.

I think it's the having-to-buy-a-console-just-to-play-one-game that's the issue, when one has already invested thousands in a much more powerful computer. But, then again, everyone can buy the same kind of gasoline but only a few can drive a Bugatti Veron. You want a Bugatti? Become a millionaire.

I'm sure BL will make it to the PC eventually. Maybe even the Wii. Who knows? Whatever is profitable.

just pointing this out, i really dislike newbies who post 3-4 times then leave. most of them at least, cause they are usually flamers or trolls.

Thanks zee. I appreciate the backup. :)

I agree wholeheartedly on the whole signing up just to complain and leaving. I think that's sorta what Hot was getting at earlier in the thread. It's kinda petty. Please stoppit?

just pointing this out, i really dislike newbies who post 3-4 times then leave. most of them at least, cause they are usually flamers or trolls.

No, they're people who are potentially interested in buying the game on PC and merely wish to make themselves heard. Is that a crime? They see no point in participating in forum discussion since they're not sure BL will make it to the PC at some point in the future, so what's the point (for now)?

On a side note, some guys here should drop the "just buy the xbox" argument, really.

If I actually contribute to the forums am I allowed to complain about BL not coming to PC?

I mean, sure, the whining is annoying, but I think you would whine too if the game you had looked forward to the most out of any game ever was shoved into your face at every given moment (This forum, Kotaku, other gaming sites...) and you couldn't even play it.

So, you know. Please don't just tell us to buy a console and get over it. Some of us don't have the money to get a $250+ dollar game, even if it IS probably going to be the best game ever.

No, they're people who are potentially interested in buying the game on PC and merely wish to make themselves heard. Is that a crime? They see no point in participating in forum discussion since they're not sure BL will make it to the PC at some point in the future, so what's the point (for now)?

On a side note, some guys here should drop the "just buy the xbox" argument, really.

*headdesk*

Ditto, Turtle (Do I seem like I'm flip flopping? lol).

I've been waiting for this game since November 2007 when the first cover article was printed in Game Informer, longer if you count my anticipation for another Tim Schafer product upon finishing Psychonauts. The possibility of never seeing it for PC makes me sad, to say the least.

...lol, zee.

I don't think people are reading my post all the I said if you look hard enough you could probably find other console exclusive games you would like besides Brutal Legend to justify the purchase of a 360 or PS3. I'm not saying you have to though. I think it will come to PC eventually. Phinelete if you find it useless to contribute to the other BL threads then contribute to the Psychonauts board or the Off Topic board. This isn't just a forum developed for you to complain about something.

I agree with Leroy. there is console exclusive games for most people to enjoy out there. I'm sure everyone will find a lot of value if they do some research on the market.

I did read your post, Leroy. There aren't any 360 exclusives I'm interested in. Most of the good games on 360 are also on--guess what--the PC. The few that aren't usually have some kind of Wii equivalent. (I do have a Wii.)

There are a few PS3 games I want, but I refuse to pay that much for a game console.

So don't assume I just don't want a 360 or PS3 because I haven't done the research.

I do hope it comes to PC eventually, but I really don't see why they can't release the PC version alongside the others.

Well sorry for the misunderstanding, Turtle. I think it will come to PC, but Double Fine might not have the resources right now to make three versions of the game. Oh in your original post you said something about $250+ dollars for a console, but I a believe a 360 arcade unit is $200. Probably even less used. Not saying you have to get one though. Just something to think about.

I don't think people are reading my post all the I said if you look hard enough you could probably find other console exclusive games you would like besides Brutal Legend to justify the purchase of a 360 or PS3.

This is true, Leroy. I'm not arguing that there aren't other games out there, even great games, for the 360 or PS3. I'm just saying, like Turtle, there just aren't any others that I really care about enough to justify purchasing a whole new console. Sounds kinda dumb to say this (out loud, heh), but I've kinda got a lot invested in this game, emotionally speaking... and I really just can't afford a new xbox or playstation. We're basically talking a $300-$400+ investment for a complete setup, versus maybe a $60 investment (at MOST) for the game itself, if it were released for PC. When you've got stuff like rent to worry about, it pretty much becomes untouchable, no matter how badly I might want it.

I can't help but think in the back of my mind (and I'm sure hoping) that you're right about an eventual PC release. Titles like GTA, among others, are pretty much always released for consoles first, w/ PC releases following later. EA is obviously seeking as much return on their investment as possible, and by not releasing it for PC, they'd be leaving what I'd believe to be a decent portion of the market completely untapped. Obviously, I'm paying more attention because I'm interested, but it does seem to me like there are a significant number of people who (like myself) don't own a current gen console, and pretty much stick to playing on PC only. As much as EA has poured into the marketing budget for the game, it just seems like a questionable move to, as our pals at Activision might put it, not "exploit the title to its fullest potential".

Holy hell, I put way too much time and thought into posting here, lol.

Well sorry for the misunderstanding, Turtle. I think it will come to PC, but Double Fine might not have the resources right now to make three versions of the game. Oh in your original post you said something about $250+ dollars for a console, but I a believe a 360 arcade unit is $200. Probably even less used. Not saying you have to get one though. Just something to think about.

I said $250+ dollars for a game. $200 console + $50 game.

Oh, and you have to pay for Xbox live, so if I ever wanted to do multiplayer I'd have to pay for that too.

just have a little patience, the game’s not going to get less awesome over a couple of months.

But, if there were to be a PC version announced for several months after the console versions, we PC users would have to avoid spoilers like the plague, which would mean not visiting the Brutal Legend section of this forum, among others.

Oh, and my birthday is Rocktober 27, so if it were released later I wouldn't be able to have the Most Excellent Birthday Ever.

Sign in to follow this