• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
gmanvg

Please Help: lure doesn't work

Hi, I'm stucked in Fall Valley. I just got the french fries costume and I have to bring three customers to the fry guy. So, when i try to lure each of three people with the chicken leg icons over their head, nothing happens. What can I do?

I've never heard of this before... You know you need to press B (or whatever the equivalent button is if you're on PS3, basically whatever you press to use the rollerskates or shield or light) to do the lure, right? Or maybe you're just not close enough to them.

Yes, I press B to lure the guy with chicken icon, but he doesn't start following me. I even watched the walktrough on youtube. I'm afraid it's a bug. :(

I've never heard of this before... You know you need to press B (or whatever the equivalent button is if you're on PS3, basically whatever you press to use the rollerskates or shield or light) to do the lure, right? Or maybe you're just not close enough to them.

Yes, I press B to lure the guy with chicken icon, but he doesn't start following me. I even watched the walktrough on youtube. I'm afraid it's a bug. :(

Are you trying to lure a Crestwailer? They don't count. You lure those guys into the barn to get your costumes back. You three human children for the fry shop.

Are you trying to lure a Crestwailer? They don't count. You lure those guys into the barn to get your costumes back. You three human children for the fry shop.

Yes, I know. I lure the children (one of them in the picture) but it doesn't make effect. :(

schermata20101207a19390.jpg

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem. I just got the Fries costume, I can walk up to any of the 3 people with the chicken leg icon, or over to the 2 birds, press B, the food "fumes" start up and the costume glows, but the icons do not change and the people do not follow me.

When I booted today, it forced an update on me, so I am wondering if there is a problem with the update on saves made prior to the update.

Please help, I don't want to have to start again.

I'm having the same problem.

I don't feel like starting over again for this stupid little bug

This is the first we are hearing about it after almost 2 months of the game being out but of course we will research any issue that arises. Did you try rebooting of course?

I have rebooted a few times. I have gone back to dashboard, restarted the xbox entirely. I have also tried a few things, wandering around the town, picking up all the candy I can find, speaking to the guy at the fries stand a few times, spoken to all the characters, saved at the entrance to the funfair. Can I ask JelDeRebel and gmanvg whether this has happened since the recent update ?

I bought the game 2 days ago.

tried rebooting, doing thins around town. clearing the X360 cache to remove the update. rebooted X360. nothing works

@admin: I believe this bug is caused by the update, as there has been no problems prior to 12/07/2010

the first topic on gamefaqs regarding this bug is only a day old http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/604987-costume-quest/57402483

and the people in this topic reporting the bug also joined yesterday

It sounds like you guys are doing everything right- but just to make sure; you are holding down the button, right? You can't just tap it.

Yes. holding down B, walk round the characters with the chicken icons, and they never follow.

Hmm, weird... question: is this on the 360 version only? From what I can tell it's just been 360 users having this problem. I have the game on PS3, but it's currently not connected to the internet; I can't tell if this update you're talking but was to the game itself, or to the 360 hardware.

I've experienced this problem on the 360 version too. I downloaded the patch right before I started that segment of the game. I've tried exiting the game and restarting the system and had no luck. Haven't tried anything as drastic as deleting the game and re-downloading it yet.

Hmm- I hope they fix these bugs before it's released to PSN.

I'm wondering if these bugs appear when using a game saved prior to the patch and then continuing it after the patch.

It might be frustrating, but perhaps if you start a new game after the patch it won't have this problem?

Hmm- I hope they fix these bugs before it's released to PSN.

I'm wondering if these bugs appear when using a game saved prior to the patch and then continuing it after the patch.

It might be frustrating, but perhaps if you start a new game after the patch it won't have this problem?

I suppose that's an option, but I'd prefer to avoid it if there's any possibility of a follow up patch coming out soon.

I'm having the exact same problem! I stand as close to the "I WANT FRENCH FRIES!" kids as I can, press B for the lure ability, and they don't notice at all. I looked up a walkthrough to see if I was missing something, but they did the exact same thing that I was trying to do (only successfully). So I tried rebooting, which didn't resolve the problem. Like the other users, I hadn't experienced any issues up until yesterday when xbox live required an update. Then again, that was my first time getting to that part ^_^ But it sounds like this is a new problem.

It's pretty frustrating, coz all I wana do is lure kids to my greasy foodstuffs with my siren song of fried deliciousness! Oh, and I'd rather not start the game all over at this point- as cute, funny, & creative as it is, I'd really rather not replay that much when I'm not sure it's a corrupted save causing the issue (& there are plenty of other things to play). I like the update allowing saving at the phonebooths and pausing cutscenes, BUT AT WHAT COST!?!?!? Can't progress at all :(

Please fix it!!

If you are having this issue, can you please send me a PM so that I can get more information on it from your specific save?

I registered tonight just to say I'm having this problem too, but there's a 1-hour wait for new members before they can PM anyone, so...

You could try un-updating by going into Xbox settings and clearing your cache. I can't remember exactly how to do it, but Google will help you. Then just update again after you've got past that part.

doesn't work, nor does deleting an re-downlading/installing the whole game. besides, what would happen if you saved using those save phone boots from the update, and restart the game w/o that update. I wouldn't risk it.

to clear your Xbox memory. go to the system settings on the dashboard, select the memory, press Y. a menu will pop up where you can clear the cache

Nothing much to add except that I just got to Fall Valley a day or two ago and I'm having the same issue right now. I got there after I had updated the game. I've tried restarting the game a few times with no change.

@admin

I've found this guy on xbox360achievements.org his Gamertag: Prime WiiG

he said that he erased his save, started a new game and completed the quest