Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greg Rice

Double Fine ActionCast Mailbag

Tasha: "There seems to be a lack of Costume Quest fanart..."

I WILL POST SOME OF MY SKETCHES ONCE I AM LESS BUSY AAAA

Thank for for mentioning the CQ Fry bug! Also love it when you were poking at the forumer's usernames.

Group C? HMM I WONDER WHAT THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN...

Really, I am loving this so far oh man. Can't wait for later episodes~

____

Oh! here's some questions you could use for your next podcast:

1) Whatever happened to the Brütal Legend Art Book you guys were planning on publishing?

2) I remember you mentioned that you had some earlier recording work done with Ronnie James Dio since he was the initial voice for Doviculus before you switched to Tim Curry. Any chance we'll ever hear any of those recordings?

That's all I can think of. Keep being awesome, guys~

Best. Soundtrack. Ever. You guys should do a game or something each ActionCast. I love each segment, they're great for discussion, but you should come up with a unique ActionSegment! I love it, though, please make at least two million! Also, where's my commuter check?

Agreed. Tasha should sing the themes every podcast.

Loved the inaugural DFAPC, guys! Definitely keep 'em coming!

My questions:

1. Will the DF team be attending Wondercon in April?

2. Will the Double Fine store be getting any more DF hoodies? They're all out of Mediums and Large.

3. What about a Dirt Nap game?

@Tasha - will try to do some small CQ fan art. Though the amazing talent of others here on the DFAF makes me hesitant as I haven't done anything artsy in years!

Here it is!

Agreed. Tasha should sing the themes every podcast.

I agree. they should prerecord her voiced theme songs, and tweak it a little.

xD @ planting the bug in the patch and then saying it costs money to fix it

Wish I could do fanart, I lack the fine motor skills nor do I have any Eye–hand coordination

I've already done Costume Quest fanart, but didn't post it here. But both Tim and Tasha have seen it (or pretended to see it when replying to my tweets) But if the need is high I guess I could put the Costume Quest/Psychonauts crossover pic idea in to motion.

I must go back into the shadows now. *lurk*

Awesome podcast you guys.

Can you release the concept art for brutal legend 2? i don't think it will matter much if you release it now, if it so happens you make a BL2 the art will serve as a tasty teaser for us.

This is awesome,

Can you talk about what it was like to work with all those awesome people you had for Brutal Legend? Did you get to chill with Ozzy?

Hey, we have a podcast now! Give it a listen and leave your feedback/questions for future episodes here!

Really enjoyed the podcast, hilarious stuff. Tim should host the VGA's next year! which brings me to my question:

1) What are your thoughts on the current VGA's? Now of course you have to be political (well you don't have to) but let's use the Generic Microsoft Survey format:

A) Not Satisfied at all, gamers looked like jerks & presenters were out of touch gaming strumpets. Who the hell actually judges these awards???

B) Sort of Satisfied, not sure why Nathan Fillion got nominated for Male lead for a 5 minute cameo in Halo Reach but things could of been worse. (Fillion still rules of course)

C) Satisfied, Costume Quest won an award! It would have been nice if they aired it.... ahh priorities.

D) Very Satisfied, yes it was "commercial" but we're still moving forward as an industry.

E) Supremely Satisfied, I love Thor.

My personal thoughts is they should ditch the Celeb's who aren't gamers and have Developers like Tim Schafer, Cliffy B, Peter Mol, Kojima, and Patrice Desilets host segments & hand out most the awards. Not only will presenting games be more natural for them IMO I feel like there will be some more legitimacy on stage that's currently not there. And maybe if they actually broadcast how these games get nominated and voted winners gamers would feel better about the results... I mean shouldn't there be a panel of some sort??? How do we know?!?!

Currently still a mess in my opinion, no consistency.

Prize for answering? Sure to be a headline on N4G!

Oh oh, I have some questions!

1) Who is QA guy? Please high-five him on my behalf

2) You guys (or at least Tim) said you check the forums semi-regularly. What's the best/funniest/weirdest/worst thing you've seen here?

3) Will the DF store ever be restocked? Especially the shirts. Please DF, I want to give you my money!

Great podcast! I guess I'll ask a question here...

Were the name for the Grubbins inspired by Grublins from Banjo-Kazooie?

Also, Tim, how old were you when you grew your first beard?

Also, Tim, how old were you when you grew your first beard?

Tim has had a beard since the day he was born. Like Samson got his strength from his hair, Tim gets his ideas from his beard.

that or some creature lives in his beard who sometimes crawls up to his ears and whispers ideas

woah, woah, woah... Phil Collins? whaaat?

My friends on Xbox live call me Jake, but i'm Phil Collins in spirit. Been a huge fan all my life, and now I choose to virtually murder people in Halo under his flag. (The joy of hearing "F'ing Phil Collins" over and over is priceless)

Oh and since we haven't got a flood of questions yet might I ask another?

Tim & company what game has defined the current console Generation for you & why?

Example: Demon's Souls for me for various reasons. Just curious what your game would be and why.

Oh, I have a question too!

If Psychonauts was being made now would today's technology be advanced enough to handle animating D’Artagan's hat? If so would Raz have never existed, and would Dart be voiced by Richard Horvitz?

maybe we should change this topic to "DF Actioncast Mailbag"

Good idea!

>.>

<.<

>.<

actually, I was being sarcastic about the mailbag thingy

oh well, xD

Dear Double Fine Podcasters;

[1.]

Would you ever consider a video game that featured a task force consisting of: Teddy Roosevelt [Pirate], A Dragicorn, The Evil Green Power Ranger, the Space Tiger, Jesus, & a giant robot?

[2.]

Please tell me more of this secret BL faction (maybe you can have a special podcast that explains the truth behind the faction).

[3.]

I pre-ordered Brutal Legend, & received the special Tenacious D guitar from gamestop. I love the damn thing so much....... Is there a possibility that I can somehow get this guitar in real life? My price range would be from $400-$2000 (it would also be cool for you guys to sell a BL tablature book featuring the video game score & the solos tabbed to perfection).

71754148.png

Woah, I was totally thinking about posting a thread about a Double Fine podcast last week.

My question:

Where do you see gaming as a story telling medium going in the future?

Love, Zak

The Podcast is excellent, more would be great.

I have a question for the mailbag,

Back when Brutal Legend came out there was talks about an art book coming out. I even saw it on Amazon and pre ordered it however it looks like its not gonna come out. What ever happened to that? You should release a Brutal Legend art book.

1: One thing we have trouble with here at the forums is distinguishing between stuff that is funny and stuff that is just stupid. Can you tell us about any ideas or jokes you had that you later realized were really lame?

2: If the budget fairy appeared and allowed you to add professional voice acting to Costume Quest for free, who would you cast? What are the differences between writing for voice actors and writing for text boxes?

I actually made this account just because I wanted to ask this question:

You should totally make a Psychonauts sequel where you jump into Dogen's brain and you find the lost Brütal faction and the 2/3 of the game that never was. That guy was pretty metal.

Wait, that wasn't a question. I'll try again: Can Tasha/Ron/Whoever is sitting next to you say 'The Wizard'?

The missing faction? Actually I would like to know what Fleetus's faction was supposed to be like.

When creating the characters for your games, do you give them minor personality aspects such as favorite foods, hobbies, etc even if they're unlikely to ever come up?

(ex. In the psycho-pedia it says that Milla really likes onion dip, even though I've never heard anything of it in-game. Is that just something random a fan put in and you thought it was funny so you kept it, or is that something you actually decided and never got a chance to say in the game?)

Dear Tim Schafer and the Double Fine Podcast Crew,

My name is Andy (clearly) and my friends and I have been doing a podcast for a few months now. It's about action movies and how awesome they are. Every 'cast, we talk about a different movie, and not just new ones! We've done Bloodsport, Dirty Harry, The Expendables, and ones most people haven't heard of, like American Ninja.

Now, you may be wondering what any of this has to do with you. I'll wait for you to ask.

Glad you asked, great question! As you might imagine, a podcast about action movies is going to need a title. One that will tell people, right away, what they're looking at and why they should care. Something simple, but with pizazz. Something that rolls off the tongue. Something that shines.

We named it Action Cast!!!!! <----- This is a link.

When we heard that Double Fine had a new podcast, we were ecstatic. When we heard you shared our name, we were confused. Eric especially.

The guys from Action Cast (sans myself, as I am on vacation) and a few guys from the On the Stick podcast got together and talked about this turn of events. In fact, you have been challenged.

Download and listen if you dare. <----- This is also a link.

XOXO Forever,

Andy

theactioncast@gmail.com

onthestick.com/actioncast <---- This is not a link, but can be copied into your address bar and magically become a link.

P.S. You could always just send a bunch of people over to our site and have them listen to the cast; that would be fine.

Sign in to follow this