Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GameMasterGuy

What next?

I just got Psychonauts and loved it. Well, I'm still loving it (on level 7 right now). I'm thinking of getting either Brutal Legend or Costume Quest next since I'm loving it so much, but which do you guys think is better?

what's level 7? anyway, here are some tips:

Get Brutal Legend if you like multiplayer-oriented RTS games. There are some adventuring parts in single-player and you can fight in battles yourself with your avatar, but most of your time will be spent directing troops. Be aware that the PS3 version has some extra bugs and that both versions have problems with cheaters online.

Get Costume Quest if you're looking for a simplified RPG. The story is funny/cute and the gameplay remains entertaining for the 6 hours it will take to complete the game. Know that battles require very little strategy (don't expect a challenge), and that there's no voice acting.

Kinda what DAD TAX said...

If you don't like Awesome Action hack n slash (25% of the single player) Awesome Action RTS (40% of the single player) Driving Badass Cars and Finding Awesome Collectables (other 35% of the single player) or just in general Heavy Metal Music, you should still probably give it a try

Its a completely unique game with actually of alot of genre's mashed into one, theres bound to be one part of the epic you will come to enjoy.

I for one absolutely fell in love with Brutal Legend, but too each his own i guess...

hmm, i think if one just plays through the main story, it's more like 25%, 55%, 20%.

to be honest, though, a chunk of this forum is kind of divided between brutal legend fanboys and everything else fanboys. if you want less biased thoughts you can always hit up metacritic.com or wherever and read a few reviews.

I'll see if I can find BL cheap on eBay, if not, I'll get CQ. Oh, and DT, 7 is the circus one, I couldn't remember the girl's name so I just put down the level number.

Buy Brutal Legend first off of Newegg as I rebought it to replace my broken copy for $5.99. Then buy Costume Quest to fill in the wait.

Sign in to follow this