Rank 100?

Well?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Never played it
    • Never beat it
    • I stopped after the final boss
    • Rank 100, baby!

Be sure to use spoiler tags if you mention whatever the bonus you get for reaching it is.

How many of you have reached rank 100? Is it hard? Rewarding? Or nearly pointless? I just beat the game about an hour ago, and I'm probably try to get everything, but how many of you have done so?

I've never been able to get 101 when playing on the 360, but I got it every time I played it on XBox. I don't know why I can't beat that damn minigame when playing on the 360.

I'm at Rank 100 and I've been trying to get Rank 101, but there's these like 2 figments in Black Velvetopia that I cannot find for the LIFE of me! I've looked in just about every nook and cranny and still nothing >8U

Black Velvetopia reallyreally sucks for finding figments. I had to end up dividing the place into pieces and scouring the place. And I STILL couldn't find one last figment.

So I cheated. DX

I haven't played Psychonauts in quite some time, but I was able to get all the figments the first time I completed the game.

@Tikara - I remember in Black Velvetopia I spent some two hours looking for 1 last figment. It was hidden at the top of a ladder in the sewers. Hope that helps you!

I've never been able to get 101 when playing on the 360, but I got it every time I played it on XBox. I don't know why I can't beat that damn minigame when playing on the 360.

I think the issue is when they made it backwards compatible that the frame rate took a bit of a hit when emulated so it's hard to do the punchy targets in Basic Braining on the 360 versus the PC/PS2/Xbox.

I have not reached Rank 100, but I read that if you do get to Rank 100, you are rewarded a short video where

we learn about Linda's relationship she had with Mr. Pokeylope in the past.

I watched it on YouTube, it's really not worth getting to Rank 100 for.

I think the issue is when they made it backwards compatible that the frame rate took a bit of a hit when emulated so it's hard to do the punchy targets in Basic Braining on the 360 versus the PC/PS2/Xbox.

Thanks. That makes me feel better.

Thanks. That makes me feel better.

Dunno if it would make any difference, but you could try playing it using VGA (or whatever the red/white/yellow ones are called) or component cables if you're not already, HDMI seems to give a worse framerate.

I use component cables. My 360 isn't compatible with HDMI.

Sign in to follow this