Double Fine Action Forums
Sign in to follow this  

DFAF header looks super ugly in Internet Explorer

Oh yeah, I've seen that too. I always thought it was just the one computer, but now I realize that's the only one with only IE.

For me, the problem is not so much that it looks bad, so much as it is that it cuts off the boxes so it's hard to see what you are typing and thus logging in is just a little more difficult.

I have also seen this, I use Safari most of the time, but sometimes on other computers it gets kinda difficult to sign in... and it will only log me in if all the cApItAlS in my username are correct :down:

Haha.

The snob in my head my was tempted to say that, originally. "The problem isn't Double Fine, the problem is you and Your Stupid Browser."

It's got nothing to do with being snobby, IE just blows.

^_^

Haha.

The snob in my head my was tempted to say that, originally. "The problem isn't Double Fine, the problem is you and Your Stupid Browser."

^_^

yes kids, i use firefox too

this is for the sake of those who don't know any better or those who can't (work/school computers)

keep in mind that around half of internet users still use IE

Haha.

^_^

problem is a lot of people are still using it!

yeah. I have to use IE at work. not to mention a pretty much outdated one (IE6)

*sigh* even my last IT teacher still used IE

I went from Firefox to Google Chrome a few months ago

I think Klint was the only guy keeping tabs on the site, and since he's gone now...

But really, if it's being a problem to users someone should fix it. But then it's also a problem trying to make sites work across every browser considering how many there are these days. And unless every browser was exactly the same, which they aren't for obvious reasons, at least one of them is going to have issues with certain sites.

So best solution atm is either getting a different browser (you can keep as many browsers as you want, btw) or using the login page. Would you mind linking the page, hot? You showed it to me in that gabbly chat a few days ago but I lost it

ok i don't want to make another thread to complain but here is another problem that annoys the bananas out of me:

every

:coolgrin: smiley is placed :red: on its own :P line whether you want it to be or ;-P

not

/*FIREFOX IMAGE LINK FIX*/

img {

border: none;

margin: 0px;

padding: 0px;

display:block; <- and there's your problem

}

There is alot about these forums that bother me...

Not being able to embed videos (would be great for the lyric game and Music thread),Not being able to embed pictures (we have it but only for the fan art thread),

Its the little things that bother me including the smiley thing >:(

The smiley thing does bother me, but embed videos make things REALLLYY SLOWWW.

Yeah, that is rather annoying. And why do people freak out about IE so much? It's like the ultimate 'Ur favorite ______ sucks!' thing. Are we all 5 years old?

Yeah, that is rather annoying. And why do people freak out about IE so much? It's like the ultimate 'Ur favorite ______ sucks!' thing. Are we all 5 years old?

IE is not as customizable or as fast as firefox. Also I don't think adblock plus is on IE, which is necessary for me no matter what.

I can't tell if this is something really worth being addamant about or whether it just attracts fanboys for some reason...
Adblock is something to get adamant about for everybody.

Sign in to follow this