• Announcements

• Spaff

These Forums are closing!   10/04/2019

After more than a decade of serving this community well, these forums have finally run their course and it's time to close them down. That doesn't mean we want to close the doors on our community, quite the opposite!
      Our discord server grows ever busier by the day, and we encourage all Double Fine fans to meet us over there www.discord.gg/doublefine In a short time these forums will become a read only archive and will remain that way until they become needed again.
      You never know, it might happen.  There is... a prophecy. Thank you all for being part of these forums, and remember that the fun is definitely not over - so please join us on Discord! Love ya, Spaff, Tim, Info Cow, and all of Double Fine.
Sign in to follow this  
dinnerordie17

Cool Games that are Coming Out

2011 is looking pretty good, post here games that are coming out that other members of DFAF should check out. Try not to double up what's already been posted, also try to post games that not everybody knows about already.

The Last Guardian:

It's by the people that did Shadow of the Collosus and Ico, so it'll be awesome, I just hope it won't go for the obvious tragic ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4E0e-ZCn14

From Dust:

I just saw this today, look's interesting. Hopefully it turns out good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSOQGazo7Oo

Catherine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgdYdSsOoLQ

This was posted in EGR already, but

It just came out the other day, but I think it deserves a spot here anyway c:

Team Ico Collection

Dreamcast Collection

The Elder Scroll V: Skyrim

L.A. Noire

Portal 2

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

The 3rd Birthday

Mass Effect 3

Batman: Arkham City

Deus Ex Human Revolution

Diablo 3

I've played the Ilomilo demo when you got the exclusive codes from that one website. It's a hell of a great game

Guitar Hero 7 can shove it.

Guitar Hero 7

I thought this thread was for cool games, not yearly cash ins. OOOOOOOOOOOH.

Sorry. But it's totally true. =P

Anyway, to add to the already mentioned...

OkamiDen

Ghost Trick

Resident Evil Revelations

Beyond Good & Evil HD

All of my most anticipated games have been posted already, but I'll go ahead and say Ni No Kuni. It's like the first game being developed by Studio Ghibli!

That game From Dust sounds really cool, I hadn't heard of it before. Dragon Age 2 is the only one I can think of that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Oh also teh new CoD. i will pwn so many n00bs with my suj478 with a magnifying scope, lubricant grip and bullet shooting attatchment also with 1337 camping.

Oh ummmm

Sly Cooper 4 is coming out this year as well I think

:-/

*googles sly 4*

Skyward Sword...

Okamiden...

Pokemon 5th Gen...

OoT 3D...

Kid Icarus: Uprising...

Uh...I'll think of something else eventually.

- ELDER SCROLLS V

-LA Noire

And I guess Mass Effect 3. I'm actually kind of put out that it's coming out so soon. I thought I'd have the year off from it to enjoy other things. But oh well. I'll get psyched when more comes out about it.

That game From Dust sounds really cool, I hadn't heard of it before. Dragon Age 2 is the only one I can think of that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Oh also teh new CoD. i will pwn so many n00bs with my suj478 with a magnifying scope, lubricant grip and bullet shooting attatchment also with 1337 camping.

*sigh* I'm sick of CoD since MW2. There are more GH and CoD's than there have been years since the release of the X360/PS3

so yay Mass Erect 3. though I'm excited about the finale. I'm afraid ME3 will have an open ending; a new villain lurking on the horizon.

however awesome games like ME, Assassin's Creed, once big titles become Cash Cows. Their quality suffers from meeting the annual deadline.

If it were ever possible, Tim Shafer should make the next Fable. Peter Molyneux has fucked up 3 times already

*sigh* I'm sick of CoD since MW2. There are more GH and CoD's than there have been years since the release of the X360/PS3

I know, I hate how hyped up people get over it, same with all the other big-franchise shooters like Battlefield, Halo, Medal of Honor and whatever else. How many games do we need for people to pretend to shoot other people? Aren't 18 year olds tired of playing army? I grew out of my GI Joes and plastic army guns quite a while ago. Especially since none of those franchises seem to have any interesting story or new gameplay innovations.

Well, I guess I can't criticize too much because I'm a total sucker for Fantasy RPGs, but I'm gonna criticize anyways.

I know, I hate how hyped up people get over it, same with all the other big-franchise shooters like Battlefield, Halo, Medal of Honor and whatever else. How many games do we need for people to pretend to shoot other people? Aren't 18 year olds tired of playing army? I grew out of my GI Joes and plastic army guns quite a while ago. Especially since none of those franchises seem to have any interesting story or new gameplay innovations.

Well, I guess I can't criticize too much because I'm a total sucker for Fantasy RPGs, but I'm gonna criticize anyways.

There's also those sports games, that come out every single fucking 10 months with barely any new or revised features... They're all the same and they just slowly get better as the decades pass. The huge game producers/developers can do it though since it sells just enough to make good profit while being incredibly easy to develop and manufacture.

Silent Hill 8

There is a very very slim chance that it won't suck, but if it doesn't... Then that'll be awesome

MINECRAFT! Minecraft isn't about shooting people. It's about building things. And killing the chicken spies.
You have to watch out for them there sneaky.

There's also those sports games, that come out every single fucking 10 months with barely any new or revised features... They're all the same and they just slowly get better as the decades pass. The huge game producers/developers can do it though since it sells just enough to make good profit while being incredibly easy to develop and manufacture.
I'm a pretty big NBA fan and a lesser football fan, though I still watch both, and I still don't buy those games new. The reasoning is obviously that everyone wants to play with the teams with the current players, not the ones from last year, which makes sense, but 60 bucks a year is still highway robbery for current sports fans.

Also I played Maji and the Magic Kingdom today, it was pretty cool though I don't really know if I want to spend like 60 bucks on it when I have Fable III and Risen that I've barely played and Gothic: Arcania which I haven't played at all.

so here's the dreamcast collection

-Sonic Adventure

-Crazy Taxi

-Sega Bass Fishing

-Space Channel 5 - 2

*sigh* another dissapointment. Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi are already on xbla

plus 2 crappy games

where's Shenmue, Jet Set Radio and Skies of Arcadia?

IT'S CRAAAAAAAA-ZY TAXI! LET'S GO!

Reminds me of good times at Cici's Pizza. Those were the good ol'days.

I'm adding the Tomb Raider reboot to my list. After reading the GI cover story I'm convinced that it is a game I want to play.

Brink. That's about it.

And yeah, it's a shooter, but the story is looking amazing, and it's much more about teamwork than pew pewing people.

here's my complete wishlist from the top 100 most anticipated games of 2011

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-100-most-anticipated-games-of-2011/a-20110114102929585088

Diablo III

Beyond Good & Evil 2

Saints Row 3

The Last Story

The 3rd Birthday

Mario Kart 3DS

Catherine

Stacking

XCOM

Bioshock Infinite

Tomb Raider

Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney 3DS

Duke Nukem Forever

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3DS

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus: The Collection

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

L.A. Noire

Portal 2

The Last Guardian

Batman: Arkham City

Mass Effect 3

I'm surprised that anyone else here posted Catherine. When I was here 2 years ago, no one else had even played Persona 4.

Anyway, Catherine

The Last Guardian

Resistence 3

Uncharted 3

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Infamous 2

Zelda

Deus Ex

Metal Gear Solid Rising

Final Fantasy Versus XIII (If it actually comes out)

I'm surprised that anyone else here posted Catherine. When I was here 2 years ago, no one else had even played Persona 4.

Anyway, Catherine

The Last Guardian

Resistence 3

Uncharted 3

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Infamous 2

Zelda

Deus Ex

Metal Gear Solid Rising

Final Fantasy Versus XIII (If it actually comes out)

Resistance 2 let me down, but then again the trailer for R3 looked pretty dang sweet...

I'm super excited for Uncharted 3 and Infamous 2 though, both prequels were completely awesome.

Also Dead Island, Motorstorm Apocalypse , and Crysis 2.