Sign in to follow this  
dinnerordie17

Cool Games that are Coming Out

JetBrains are doing YouTube ads now? I really do love their IntelliJ IDEA, but YouTube doesn't seem like a good fit for their products, in my opinion.

Anyway, the lovely-looking, handpainted adventure platformer Candle has a release date now: 11 November! That's pretty soon.

They made a short making-of video a few months ago that's pretty interesting if you're into that sort of thing:

It's not much compared to the DFA documentary of course, but I appreciate that they're doing this sort of thing nevertheless.

Not too fond of their website though. It looks great if you have/enable Flash, but its usability is awful (if you use a screen reader, there's nothing there), and it's very annoying that you can't turn off the music in the browser tab, but have to hunt down an icon that isn't immediately noticeable.

November has a hyped lineup:

Call of Duty: Infinte Warfare

Harvest Moon: Skytree Village

Dishonored 2

Watch Dogs 2

Killing Floor 2

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Final Fantasy XV

Premiere of the next season of The Walking Dead.

Edited by epic

I'm so hip and edgy, that none of those titles appeal to me. :curtis:

Well, ok, Dishonored 2 does looks pretty nifty. 

I'm not interested in most of those. Harvest Moon SEEMS like I would be interested in it, but I know that modern harvest moon is actually not made by the creators of that series (Natsume), who have gone on to do the Story of Seasons games, which are the "real" harvest moon games. Any games coming out with the title "harvest moon" these days only have that name due to a publisher maintaining the legal rights to that name when Natsume switched to using XSEED for distribution (and no, they haven't been making good games with it, surprise surprise). So when I see the name "Harvest Moon" I'm like "hell yeah harvest moon" but then I'm like "wait probably not harvest moon actually".

Pokemon games are cool, but I don't own any handhelds, so unless it's a platform I own, I won't be getting that either.

Final Fantasy XV I want to be interested in, but that series these days.... I feel like the things they would need to do are so god damn simple and straightforward, but they just refuse to do it. For a while there I was excited because it seemed like MAYBE this time would be the time, but I don't know... I keep hearing/seeing weird shit and I'm just afraid to get excited for this yet.

Don't care about the rest at all.

Edited by AnAnemoneInAnonymity

I figure no one here would be interested in Call of Duty Infinite Warfare and I guess folks don't have enough faith and trust in Ubisoft to buy Watch Dogs 2.

I'm very excited for Dishonored 2 and kind of interested in The Walking Dead

Apparently the next Tomb Raider game has the super fresh and original-sounding title SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER

To commemorate video games and their apparently UNLIMITED vocabulary, I put together this list of other video games just for fun!

• Shadow of the Colossus
  • Shadow of the Beast
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
  • Shadow of Memories
  • Shadows of the Damned
  • STALKER - Shadow of Chernobyl
  • Earth Defense Force - The Shadow of New Despair
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
  • Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders
  • Call of Cthulhu: Shadow of the Comet
  • Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat
  • Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
  • Ninja: Shadow of Darkness
  • Samurai Jack: Shadow of Aku
  • Superman: Shadow of Apokolips
  • Lost In Shadow
  • Shadow of Rome
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Shadow Ops
  • Shadow Blade
  • Shadow Puppeteer
  • Shadow Complex
  • Shadow Dancer
  • Shadow Master
  • Shadow Madness
  • Shadow Hearts
  • Shadow the Hedgehog
  • Shadow Man
  • Maui Mallard In Cold Shadow (ooooh yeah, I went there)

And this doesn't even include any mobile games!

>Shadow The Hedgehog

You just gave us some bad memories.

I'm tempted to get the next gen versions of the first two Arkham games.

40 minutes ago, Noname215 said:

Same here. But I have them on PS3.

7 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

Didn't play it, bad memories will have to come from a different place. Looking to you AAA.

5 hours ago, Noname215 said:

Say what now?

50 minutes ago, CorruptBiggins said:

That list of Shadow of games reminded me of Idle Thumbs number 179 where they talked about that very thing (because of Shadow of Mordor), with maybe the 'Shadow of' part becoming it's own series in a way.

https://www.idlethumbs.net/idlethumbs/episodes/shadow-of-something

Just riffing on my longstanding gripe that movies and books are named like stories but over half of all video games are named like breakfast cereal.

Ninja Crispies
Medieval O's
Frosted Orcs
Dungeon Bran
Loot Loops
Warrior Puffs
etc

3 minutes ago, MusicallyInspired said:

Not for PC? Siiiiiiiiighhh

You part of the PC Master Race?

I'm sorry, wasn't it obvious?

I don't own consoles and have no reason to. Except for maybe a Wii U or eventually a Switch. Everything I want to play plays swimmingly on my PC. To be fair, though, I've just been spoiled by receiving Bioshock 1, 2 and Skyrim remasters for free because I owned the originals. I'm just a little confused why the Arkham games didn't get the same treatment. Unless they're just rereleases and not remasters?

53 minutes ago, Scarecrow said:

It's the only thing that makes me remotely like my idol Terry Crews.

A7Cj6nT.jpg

That wig. Once you go Trump, you get a sore rump.

And my understanding is that they are remastered versions, not just rereleases.

Edited by Noname215

1 hour ago, Scarecrow said:

Here's a list of film titles from Denny Martin Flinn's book How NOT to Write A Screenplay.

Above Suspicion, Above the Law, Beyond Justice, Boiling Point, Code of Silence, Cop (I mean, really?), D.O.A. Dead Again, Dead to Rights, Dead Ringers, Dead of Winter, Dead Calm, Dead Center, Deadly Outbreak, Deadly Surveillance, Deep Cover, Extreme Measures, Extreme Justice, Extreme Prejudice, Fair Game, Fatal Error, Fatal Attraction, Hard to Kill, Hard Evidence, Homicide, Lethal Weapon, Magnum Force, Maniac Cop, Marked for Death, Martial Law, Maximum Risk, New York Cop (I guess it's better than just "Cop"), Out for Justice, Physical Evidence, Serial Killer, Sudden Impact, Sudden Death, Super Cop (This is when the franchise jumped the shark), Time to Die, Time to Kill (Imagine if these last two were actually the same set of events told from two different perspectives!), True Crime, Under Investigation, Under Suspicion, Unlawful Entry.

I mean, these are all very 90's film titles, but film does have it's history of bland titles.

Also I want all of those cereals to be real now.

To be fair, a lot of those seem to be from the Mystery/Crime genre which anyone who has ever worked at a bookstore will tell you is the #1 genre for shitty garbage bin fiction whose #1 demographic is greying old men wearing a bald eagle t-shirt and a fanny pack.

Edit: I'm not saying nothing good ever comes out of that genre; I'm just saying that when it comes to the ratio of good to garbage, this genre is heavily skewed toward garbage more than any other genre. The only genre beating mystery/crime in cheap garbage levels is erotica.

Pretty sure that 98% of all books published under erotica or mystery/crime end up getting recycled.

Magnum Force and Sudden Impact were 80s Clint Eastwood movies, DOA was a 50s film noir, and you know what Lethal Weapon is.

Maniac Cop and Sudden Death eh?

Never thought they'd end up in the same sentence.  I did kind of hope Van Damme would start killing people during the hockey game.

So gamers are not optimistic about Dead Rising 4 especially with the gameplay elements.  The biggest change with DR4 is the removal of the time limit and the possible removal of the day/night changes.  There has also been complaints about Frank's character especially with the new VA.  This new voice just sounds off for me TBH. 

Anybody else who is a fan of minecrafty type games eyeballing this Portal Knights business? There are a lot of minecraft knock-offs and "minecraft but with X" and also "minecraft but prettier but more boring" type games bloating the steam catalogue these days.

Hmm.... but Portal Knights seems to be the one to watch by my estimation. Looks beautiful, frequent/consistent updates, and reviews, both recent and overall, stay in the very positive zone.

Wondering if anyone has tried it?