Sign in to follow this  
dinnerordie17

Cool Games that are Coming Out

The CEO of Gearbox came out and said they're prepping an announcement for The Game Awards, and said announcement involves Duke Nukem.

A lot of people think it's a cameo for Bulletstorm Remastered, which Gearbox Publishing is apparently publishing.

Edited by MusicallyInspired

1 hour ago, MusicallyInspired said:

A lot of people think it's a cameo for Bulletstorm Remastered, which Gearbox Publishing is apparently publishing.

BULLETSTORM IS THE BEST

WE DON'T NEED A REMASTERED WE NEED A BULLETSTORM 2 AND 3

But then seriously, stop at 3, because nothing should go past three.

1 minute ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

BULLETSTORM IS THE BEST

We need a remaster to get rid of Games for Windows Live in it. A reason as good as any. 

1 hour ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

BULLETSTORM IS THE BEST

Agreed

On 02/11/2016 at 7:32 AM, Noname215 said:

I'm tempted to get the next gen versions of the first two Arkham games.

Don't it's shite. Looks butt ugly on ps4.

6 hours ago, CecilRousso said:

We need a remaster to get rid of Games for Windows Live in it. A reason as good as any. 

That's fair. I thought GFWL had been removed from most/all games in the steam catalogue, if not also elsewhere?

At least one game of mine that used to have it has removed it.

I heard Bulletstorm wasn't all that great. I tried the demo and wasn't that impressed. I can't imagine anything being more fun than Doom (2016) though (for games that came out before Doom 2016, anyway).

I thought Duty Calls was great, though.

3 hours ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

That's fair. I thought GFWL had been removed from most/all games in the steam catalogue, if not also elsewhere?

Some games still have GFWL. Like Mortal Kombat Kollection. Here's a list

Edited by MusicallyInspired

1 hour ago, MusicallyInspired said:

I heard Bulletstorm wasn't all that great. I tried the demo and wasn't that impressed. I can't imagine anything being more fun than Doom (2016) though (for games that came out before Doom 2016, anyway).

I thought Duty Calls was great, though.

Some games still have GFWL. Like Mortal Kombat Kollection. Here's a list

Gross. Sorry about your luck, those games.

Bulletstorm is excellent, but it depends on what you want out of a shooter. If you want that more old school type experience like with Doom, then Bulletstorm is definitely not what you want.

But if you like what Bulletstorm IS, with the lasso, and the slidekicks, and the environmental props, and the combo system etc, then it's pretty amazing.

Edited by AnAnemoneInAnonymity

6 hours ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

Nah, not all. It has been in the cases where the devs/publishers:

• Have cared about it. 
  • Have had the rights to do it.
  • Have been able to do it,
  • And are still around to do it. 

If I remember it correctly, I think the devs of Bullestorm wants to do it and cares about it, but don't have the rights to do it since it's EA property, and they don't care. They still have GfWL in Bullestorm and Securom in Crysis and Spore (but only on Steam, not in the GOG releases of those two). 

And that's whats worry me about new DRM like Denuvo, where it will only be removed when those four points are true again for each and every Denuvo game. 

1 hour ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

I still don't own this game. Is this a good update? Seems alright?

It's definitely a lot of content for a first major update, and it seems to have generated an overall positive tone in the No Man's Sky discussions I've seen. 

I haven't bought it myself yet. Might wait for a second update to see where it's headed, but it's tempting now. 

16 hours ago, CecilRousso said:

If I remember it correctly, I think the devs of Bullestorm wants to do it and cares about it, but don't have the rights to do it since it's EA property, and they don't care. They still have GfWL in Bullestorm and Securom in Crysis and Spore (but only on Steam, not in the GOG releases of those two).

Actually, I heard fairly recently that the dev group seceded from Epic and retained the license to the game, hence the remastered version from Gearbox Publishing. If the rumour is Bulletstorm-related, it's a safe bet it'll either be a GFWL-less version of the original or the remastered version won't have it at all.

Just read this article about all the races they are (very probably) omitting in Mass Affect 4.

I agree that some of those are, in fact, the best ones.

INCLUDING THE QUARIANS WHICH ARE, AHEM, LIKE, MY FAVORITE

Now more than ever:

TALI NOOOOOOOO

So the early reviews of FFXV are pretty positive. Not without criticisms but overall I'm seeing kind words and high numbers.

Apparently a korean developer by the name of Yang Bing was so inspired by what he was seeing in the FFXV trailers that he decided to make his own game prototype in an homage style. The result actually... looks pretty effing awesome, I have to admit. 

After releasing the prototype video online, he has apparently been approached by Sony and Epic, and reportedly a few other unnamed publishers, about a deal to finish the game and release it commercially.

So Duke Nukem is a playable character in the Bulletstorm next gen rerelease.

Edited by Noname215

Announced at The Game Awards:

Bullestorm Full Clip Edition featuring Duke Nukem

Telltale's Guardians of the Galaxy

Shovel Knight: Scepter of Torment

Dauntless

Rocket League Starbase ARC DLC

New Trailer/Gameplay For:

Lawbreakers

Prey

Death Stranding

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

Halo Wars 2

Mass Effect Andromeda

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild

Edited by epic

Can't take that Death Stranding trailer seriously. Maybe Kojima know what he's doing, but it's just way to weird for me. 

This looks kinda cool. Seems to be about motorcycles and stuff. Hope it's a third person action adventure, preferably multiplayer. 

Edited by CecilRousso

12 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

Things I like:

1. That Bioware is leaning in on the lady player character in this trailer, I hope this continues in their marketing, maybe we even get her on the box art.

2. That it's clearly Mass Effect, it looks and feels and seems to play like Mass Effect, if it got a big Next Gen update.

3. The story direction, I like the idea of frontier's person who goes out and explores the unexplored, while it does get into some colonialism themes, I like the change in direction after the mostly bleak and against the odds of the Reapers story line in the original trilogy.

Things I don't like:

1. The amount of combat

2. That it's clearly Mass Effect, it looks and feels and seems to play like Mass Effect, if it got a big Next Gen update: now obviously I just repeated this same bit where I was doling out praise, and that's because ME has a lot of good and lot of bad, and in this case, I'm worried maybe they haven't addressed a lot of the issues I had with previous entries in the series. The apparent return of Paragon and Renegade is kind of disappointing, also wouldn't it be nice if this new Galaxy looked a little more alien? This was Bioware's big chance to break the Mass Effect mold and do something new, and I'm not sure that's happening.

Maybe it's not final draft or something, but I thought the facial animations during dialogues in that trailer looked.... weird and creepishly doll-like. Like their jaws are moving up and down but the rest of their face is under anesthesia or something. It just looks off to me somehow.

Return of paragon/renegade is a disappointment since I think the discourse around games long ago decided that binary morality systems are stupidly reductive. The only game that managed to make one of these types of binary morality systems that was remotely interesting, IMO, was The Shivah, but even that concept is not some cookie cutter idea you could just repeat forever.

I have always disliked how ME handles certain elements of its UI. Not that it's hard to navigate or anything like that, but that there are times where I feel like they should use art for something, and instead they just use their UI. Like when I go to my personal computer and check my email, I feel like that should involve art and its own interface, but ME just does it as a generic menu, and that's not the only example. (And ME isn't the only game that does it.) I feel like if a game like Viscera Cleanup Detail can put interface on an object then so can a multi-billion dollar franchise.

The combat is also concerning, but not because it looks bad. It looks incredible. But ME is an RPG and so there should be emphasis on character and story. Preferably there should be something to do OTHER THAN JUST KILLING THINGS. But I am getting the sneaking suspicion that ME is becoming more of an RPG in the way that Borderlands is an RPG, which is to say not an RPG at all. No surprise as it has been on that decline for a while now, but it's sad to watch.

Also, after ME3 I am really hesitant because even if the combat and story and everything are super good, it's possible there will be one thing in it that pisses me off and ruins the whole game, like ME3's idea that you had to speedrun the game if you wanted a "good" ending. Kiss. My. Ass.

Oh, and of course they are emphasizing the multiplayer mode which I still don't give a shit about.

I'm interested, but I will be waiting.

10 hours ago, CecilRousso said:

Can't take that Death Stranding trailer seriously. Maybe Kojima know what he's doing, but it's just way to weird for me. 

Is there a new one or is it the same Norman Reedus one?

I liked the Norman Reedus one. Looks like a cool movie. I'd watch it.

Oh, it's for a game?

Cinematics =/= Trailer

Glad steam at least created a policy against marketing with cinematics. Will wait for the gameplay trailer.

Did we get an answer to why they travelled to a new galaxy in Mass Effect Andromeda, but are encountering the same species and things as in the previous ones?

And if I understand it correctly, and the pathfinder is the captain, what is she doing out by herself on hostile unknown planets, collecting plants and minerals? That's like beyond Prometheus levels of stupidity. :D

41 minutes ago, AnAnemoneInAnonymity said:

Cinematics =/= Trailer

Glad steam at least created a policy against marketing with cinematics. Will wait for the gameplay trailer.

But aren't Kojima games more cinematics then gameplay? At least MGS4 was. :curtis:

Edited by CecilRousso

14 minutes ago, CecilRousso said:

Did we get an answer to why they travelled to a new galaxy in Mass Effect Andromeda, but are encountering the same species and things as in the previous ones?

And if I understand it correctly, and the pathfinder is the captain, what is she doing out by herself on hostile unknown planets, collecting plants and minerals? That's like beyond Prometheus levels of stupidity. :D

But aren't Kojima games more cinematics then gameplay? At least MGS4 was. :curtis:

Don't know! I haven't played a Metal Gear since the NES!

*sees swarm of nerds gathering around me, holding bats and broken bottles*

Woah, fellas, settle down now... 

My experience with the Metal Gear series: 

Metal Gear (NES) - Played some on NES, mostly watched friends play. Thought it was awesome. 

Metal Gear Solid 1 - Camera, control and respawning enemies frustrated me. Didn't play much. 

Metal Gear Solid 2 - Beat it on PS2, but mostly because you could cheat by running through a room, trigger all alarms, die in the next room, and get to start there. Pretty cool though. Didn't care about the story, but loved the visuals and the theme music. 

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Camera and control stressed me out, when I continued to fail because of them. Sold it. 

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Tried the demo, wasn't impressed. Then read about the length of the cutscenes and didn't bother. 

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zero - Really cool! Haven't replied it as much as I wanted, but the gameplay was great. Didn't care about the story at all, thought the dialogue was cringe worthy, but it was fun to play.

Metal Gear Solid V - The Phantom Pain - The intro level only annoyed me. Didn't care about the story. Thought the ending of the intro level was just weird. Got to some open world gameplay, had great fun playing it. Then it got all weird and japanese and Kojima during the ending of the first mission. Got to a base with lots of cringe worthy dialogue. Then some more open world gameplay, and had fun. Then I read how long the game was, how much grind it was, and how the later part of the game is no good. Haven't bothered playing it since.  

I have only ever played 4.  It came with my PS3.  It wasn't a good experience.  I had no idea what I was doing and it felt like CoD at the beginning.

Edited by Johro